Thomas Tuchel has faced a scathing assessment from Danny Dyer after the England manager opted to leave Jarrod Bowen out of his squad for the 2026 World Cup. The legendary actor didn't hold back, labelling the omission of his son-in-law as "ridiculous" while revealing the family had already begun preparing for a trip to the United States.
The football world was plunged into a state of shock on Sunday as Christian Eriksen appeared to collapse during Denmark’s friendly encounter with Ukraine. Fans and players alike feared the worst as the 34-year-old midfielder, who famously suffered a cardiac arrest at Euro 2020, was forced to leave the pitch amid distressing scenes in Odense.
Anthony Gordon has opened up about his blockbuster £70m move from Newcastle to Barcelona, revealing the private role Marcus Rashford played in the transition. Despite their rivalry for a starting spot in Thomas Tuchel’s England side, the Manchester United forward has been acting as a mentor following his own 2025-26 loan spell with the Catalan giants.
Tottenham have suffered a significant blow in their summer transfer plans after Brighton rejected a second formal offer for Jan Paul van Hecke. The north London side are moving quickly to overhaul a backline that struggled immensely last season, but they have found the Seagulls to be tough negotiators for the Dutch international.
Pep Guardiola has lavished praise on the work being done by Hansi Flick at Barcelona, admitting he has become a "big fan" of the brand of football currently on display at Spanish champions. However, the former Manchester City boss also offered a stern word of caution regarding the club's continental ambitions and the psychological weight of the Champions League.
Federico Chiesa has confirmed his intention to seek a return to Serie A following a frustrating spell at Liverpool that saw him marginalized under Arne Slot. Despite being part of a Premier League-winning squad, the Italian international has struggled for consistent game time and is now eyeing a move back to Italy to reignite his career.
Bernardo Silva has finally addressed the intense speculation linking him with a move to Barcelona as he prepares for life after Manchester City. The veteran playmaker is one of the most high-profile free agents on the market this summer, and while he played down talks of a 'dream' agreement with Blaugrana, he remains open to all possibilities for his next destination.
Arsenal have reportedly added Nottingham Forest star Morgan Gibbs-White to their summer transfer shortlist as Mikel Arteta searches for elite attacking reinforcements. The Gunners boss is determined to build on his side's recent Premier League title success and sees the 26-year-old as a high-quality alternative to primary target Morgan Rogers.
Chelsea starlet Estevao Willian has opened up on the devastating emotional toll of the injury that cost him a place in Brazil's 2026 World Cup squad. The 19-year-old was a certain inclusion for Carlo Ancelotti's side before a serious muscular issue ended his hopes of representing the Selecao on the world stage.
Martin Baturina has emerged as one of the most coveted young talents in Europe following a sensational campaign under Cesc Fabregas' Como in Italy. The Croatian playmaker’s performances have put him firmly in the shop window, with heavyweights from the Premier League and Bundesliga ready to test the resolve of the Serie A surprise package.
1. FC Köln is set to miss out on record revenues for the time being. As a result, the club's management is reportedly irritated by rising star Said El Mala.
David Sullivan has resigned as West Ham chairman and director with immediate effect after learning that what he described as "factually incorrect and entirely false" historic allegations about his personal life were due to be published. The long-serving Hammers chief said he was stepping aside to avoid becoming a distraction during a crucial period for the club.
Arsenal have suffered a significant setback in their pursuit of marquee summer recruits following revelations that Julian Alvarez is prepared to reject the club. Although Mikel Arteta's side have positioned themselves as the primary suitors for the forward, the Argentina international is completely reluctant to relocate to London.
Newcastle United have won the race to sign highly rated goalkeeper Ewen Jaouen after agreeing a €28.5 million package with Stade de Reims. The 20-year-old, who had attracted interest from Chelsea and Real Madrid, has reportedly signed a four-year deal and is set to join Eddie Howe's side this summer.
Bayern Munich are exploring a surprise move to sign highly-rated Liverpool winger Rio Ngumoha ahead of another busy transfer window. Vincent Kompany's side have apparently identified the England youth international as their primary target for the left flank, setting up an intriguing battle with Anfield decision-makers.
Jurgen Klopp’s representative has ruled out a return to the dugout for the German tactician following sensational links to Real Madrid. The emphatic rebuttal comes after presidential candidate Enrique Riquelme publicly promised to appoint the former Liverpool boss as his first-choice manager if he triumphs in Sunday's election.
Tottenham's ownership structure is set for a significant change after Eight Sports Capital agreed to acquire a 24.99 per cent stake in Enic, the club's parent company. The shares are being sold by Daniel Levy's family trusts, although the deal does not affect the Lewis family's controlling interest in the north London club.
Former Liverpool head coach Arne Slot has rejected an opening approach from Fulham to become their next first-team manager. The Dutchman, who was dismissed by the Reds last week, quickly emerged as a prominent target for the Craven Cottage hierarchy but has chosen to turn down the opportunity to make an immediate return to the top flight.
Rafael Leao has revealed he wants a new challenge away from AC Milan, with the Portugal international admitting the Premier League would be his preferred destination. The winger believes English football would suit his game better and reflected on a difficult season that was affected by injury and tactical issues.
Jack Grealish “having a pint” is actually “quite refreshing” in the modern era, Everton legend Peter Reid has told GOAL, with fans on Merseyside hoping to see a deal struck in the summer transfer window that brings a colourful character back to the Hill Dickinson Stadium. Manchester City-owned Grealish saw a productive loan spell with the Toffees in 2025-26 cut short by injury.
Evangelos Marinakis has made believers of doubters at Nottingham Forest, with Jack Colback admitting to GOAL that he falls into that category as the enigmatic Greek looks to guide the Reds towards major trophies and Champions League qualification. Those targets are expected to be hit, with the most ambitious of owners drawing up grand plans for the future.
Estevao has got Chelsea fans excited about what the future could have in store, with Gary Cahill telling GOAL why the Brazilian wonderkid is capable of reaching the wing wizard bar set by Eden Hazard and Arjen Robben. The Blues have always boasted creativity and flair on the flanks, with another exciting talent emerging that the Stamford Bridge faithful “can’t get enough of”.
Kylian Mbappe is being backed to play in the Premier League at some point, with Louis Saha telling GOAL why Manchester United would be a “good destination” for his fellow Frenchman. The World Cup-winning frontman is currently on the books of La Liga giants Real Madrid, but another high-profile transfer in upcoming windows could see a path that leads to England open up.
Declan Rice is “up there” with the best midfielders that England have ever produced, Peter Reid has told GOAL, as the Arsenal talisman has joined a talent bracket that includes the likes of Steven Gerrard and Bryan Robson. That is a big billing, but the newly-crowned Premier League title winner will want to justify it when starring at the 2026 World Cup.
Tottenham have completed the signing of veteran left-back Andy Robertson on a free transfer following his departure from Liverpool. The Scotland captain will officially move to London this summer, bolstering manager Roberto De Zerbi’s squad after a drama-filled pursuit that originally collapsed during the winter transfer window.
Manchester City chairman Khaldoon Al-Mubarak has pledged to speak openly about the club’s long-running legal battle with the Premier League once a verdict is delivered. More than 18 months after an independent hearing concluded, City are still waiting for a decision on 115 alleged breaches of financial regulations while maintaining their innocence throughout the process.
Graham Potter has leapt to the defence of his star striking duo Viktor Gyokeres and Alexander Isak, insisting that both players remain elite talents despite receiving mixed reviews in England. The Sweden head coach, who is preparing for a World Cup campaign after a dramatic qualification play-off, believes the external perception of his forwards doesn’t match the reality of their contributions.
Brentford have suffered a major transfer blow after a proposed €50 million deal for Koln winger Said El Mala collapsed at the final hurdle. Despite both clubs reaching an agreement over the historic valuation, the 19-year-old's mother, who acts as his primary advisor, ultimately pulled the plug on the move to London.
Manchester City midfielder Rodri has conceded that winning the Ballon d'Or was never a personal childhood dream because he simply deemed the achievement impossible. The Spain international reflected on his historic individual triumph while tipping international team-mate Lamine Yamal to eventually claim football's ultimate individual accolade.