Brazil head coach Carlo Ancelotti has confirmed that Raphinha was withdrawn at half-time during Thursday’s 2-1 defeat to France due to a muscle issue. The Barcelona winger, a vital component of the Selecao’s attacking trident, was replaced by Luiz Henrique after a promising opening 45 minutes in the United States. With the 2026 World Cup fast approaching, his fitness remains a primary concern for the technical staff.
Manchester United are said to be one of Adam Wharton’s many suitors, with ex-Crystal Palace striker Clinton Morrison telling GOAL of a transfer fee that the Eagles would “bite your hand off” for. At 22 years of age, Blackburn academy graduate Wharton is far from being the finished article. He is, however, generating plenty of interest ahead of the summer window.
Casemiro has ruled out a Manchester United stay despite a late-season resurgence under interim boss Michael Carrick. The veteran Brazilian midfielder is set to call time on his Old Trafford career this summer following a club announcement earlier this year.
Paris Saint-Germain are preparing to secure the long-term future of Bradley Barcola following a string of sensational performances in the Champions League. The 23-year-old winger has become an indispensable figure under Luis Enrique, prompting the French champions to act swiftly amid growing interest from European heavyweights. A new deal would see the former Lyon star commit his peak years to the Parc des Princes project.
Bristol City have turned to veteran manager Roy Hodgson to steady the ship following the dismissal of Gerhard Struber. The former England and Liverpool boss arrives at Ashton Gate on an interim basis to oversee the final stretch of the Championship campaign.
Christian Pulisic has been informed that “everybody loves him” at AC Milan, but Rossoneri legend Massimo Ambrosini has told GOAL why the USMNT star may still end up being sold in the next transfer window. Despite having the offer of fresh terms on the table for some time, Pulisic is yet to sign a new contract. That is keeping the rumour mill ticking over, with a return to England for the former Chelsea forward being mooted.
Manchester United legend Nicky Butt has weighed in on the club's midfield recruitment strategy as the Red Devils look to bolster their squad for a potential Champions League return. The former treble winner identified Crystal Palace star Adam Wharton and Nottingham Forest’s Elliot Anderson as primary targets. Butt believes one of these Premier League-proven talents is the ideal candidate to liberate Kobbie Mainoo in a more advanced role.
Italian goalkeeping icon Gianluigi Buffon has sent a powerful message to Manuel Neuer as the Bayern Munich captain hits a major career milestone. The World Cup winner believes the German player still has half a decade of elite football left in his locker, despite turning 40 as his contract with the German giants runs down.
Both Borussia Dortmund and Bayer Leverkusen appear to have set their sights on a Brazilian player who is currently racking up goal contributions one after the other.
Liverpool forward Hugo Ekitike has hailed his first season in England as a "pivotal year" following a standout performance in France’s 2-1 friendly win over Brazil. The 23-year-old, who moved to Anfield from Eintracht Frankfurt last summer, is rapidly cementing his place in Didier Deschamps' plans. As the 2026 World Cup approaches, Ekitike is relishing the freedom of playing alongside world-class talents in the French attack.
France manager Didier Deschamps has issued a stern warning to FIFA regarding the use of mandatory cooling breaks following his side's hard-fought victory over Brazil in the United States. Despite the positive result on the pitch in Massachusetts, the World Cup-winning coach was left frustrated by the constant interruptions to the game's rhythm and flow.
Cavan Sullivan has been warned of the transfer mistake that he must avoid when linking up with Manchester City, as ex-USMNT star Freddy Adu tells GOAL of the career roadmap that the teenage wonderkid needs to follow. Record-shattering MLS sensation Sullivan is due to join Premier League heavyweights when he turns 18, at which point a loan move is expected to be sanctioned.
Como is causing a stir in Serie A. At first glance, their rapid rise might seem like a classic ‘football fairy tale’, but behind it all lies a calculated strategy, a lot of money – and a surprising degree of sustainability.
Paris Saint-Germain head coach Luis Enrique is reportedly set to reject Manchester United's advances to sign a new long-term contract in the French capital. While the Spaniard was a top target for the Old Trafford hierarchy, his decision leaves interim boss Michael Carrick as the frontrunner for the permanent position. United now face a narrowing field of elite candidates as they plan for a pivotal summer transition.
Sandro Tonali, the match-winner in the Italy v Northern Ireland game, and his special relationship with manager Gattuso: behind-the-scenes transfer news on Napoli
World Cup winner Marco Materazzi has tipped Tottenham’s Destiny Udogie to become the long-term successor to Luke Shaw at Manchester United. While the Italian legend is enthusiastic about Udogie’s potential at Old Trafford, he has simultaneously warned Sandro Tonali against a move to the Theatre of Dreams. Materazzi believes the midfielder owes a debt of loyalty to Newcastle following their unwavering support during his betting ban.