Former Bayern Munich and Arsenal striker Lukas Podolski isn’t ready to hang up his boots just yet. The 40-year-old World Cup winner has hinted he could extend his playing career at Gornik Zabrze beyond this season if the Polish side continue their remarkable title charge proving once again that the German forward’s love for football still burns bright.
Greater Manchester mayor Andy Burnham is hopeful that the new Manchester United stadium will host the Women's World Cup final in 2035. The Red Devils have outlined plans to build a new 100,000-seater stadium worth £2 billion, which is being called the 'Wembley of the North'. United part-owner Sir Jim Ratcliffe is aiming to knock down Old Trafford and build the new venue by 2030.
Whisper it quietly, but Manchester United are close to being a proper team once again. They have a competent goalkeeper at last in Senne Lammens, as well as top-level forwards who cannot only create quality chances but also finish them off in Bryan Mbeumo and Matheus Cunha. They have also developed some resilience, as evidenced by their crucial late goals at Nottingham Forest, Tottenham and Liverpool of late.
Former Chelsea and Brazil star Oscar has been rushed to hospital by ambulance after suffering a heart scare in training with current side Sao Paulo. According to ESPN, the 34-year-old felt dizzy and lost consciousness for several moments during a bicycle test at the club's training centre. Oscar is currently in the intensive care unit, where he is under observation and said to be in a stable condition.
Joshua Zirkzee has been urged by legendary fellow Dutchman Ruud Gullit to leave Manchester United. The Netherlands international made his way to Old Trafford in the summer of 2024, with the Red Devils crying out for attacking inspiration. He has struggled for form in England and been told “everyone that leaves” United “ends up playing well”.
Liverpool have got their explanation as to why Virgil van Dijk's goal against Manchester City was disallowed, with Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL) chief Howard Webb confirming the VAR decision was correct. The club had formally lodged a complaint to PGMOL after the Dutch defender's goal was chalked off during their 3-0 defeat to Pep Guardiola's men.
Former Manchester United defender Axel Tuanzebe has pointed the finger of blame at the Old Trafford club over the handling of a spinal injury that has left him unable to play "without restriction or impediment" at the age of 27. Once the jewel of the academy, the current Burnley player is now seeking more than £1 million ($1.3m) from the Red Devils to compensate lost career earnings.
Arsenal have learnt some worrying news on Martin Odegaard's fitness after Norway manager Stale Solbakken revealed a concerning update on the midfielder's injury progress, casting serious doubt over when the 26-year-old will return to action with fears he could be sidelined beyond the international break.
Chris Waddle has slammed Mikel Arteta for his supposed criticism of Sunderland's tactics as the Arsenal manager was told to stick to his own job. The Gunners boss' frustration was palpable after his side let a precious victory slip through their fingers in stoppage time and had to settle for a point instead in Saturday's 2-2 draw.
Jack Grealish has been announced as the 2025 winner of the Herman Ouseley Award for Equality and Inclusion, presented the accolade by Kick It Out chief executive Samuel Okafor. The award is named for the Kick It Out founder and former chair, Lord Herman Ouseley, who passed away last year, and under a previous guise has been won in the past by Sir Gareth Southgate and Troy Deeney.
Wayne Rooney believes Paul Pogba is among Manchester United's three strangest signings before INEOS bought a stake in the club. The former forward delivered a scathing assessment of the club's transfer strategy before Sir Jim Ratcliffe and Co were onboarded, with their recruitment branded as 'horrendous'.
Burnley midfielder Hannibal Mejbri is in hot water with the FA after being accused of disgusting behaviour towards Leeds supporters during the recent Premier League clash between the clubs. The former Manchester United player has been charged over a spitting incident and has just under three weeks to respond, facing possible sanctions for his conduct.
Marco Silva could reportedly be sacked by Fulham as the club are considering a change due to their poor start to the season and slow contract negotiations. A dismal 2-0 defeat at Everton last weekend has deepened the gloom at Craven Cottage. Goals from Idrissa Gueye and Michael Keane condemned Fulham to another frustrating loss with the manager looking bereft of answers.
Al-Ahli striker Ivan Toney reportedly wants to join Tottenham as the England outcast is keen to reunite with Thomas Frank following their successful spell together at Brentford. The forward's transfer to the Saudi Pro League last year was one of the most talked-about deadline day moves of the 2024 summer window. His £40 million ($53m) switch from the Bees was heralded as a new beginning, but just over a year later, whispers of homecoming are beginning to circulate.
Raheem Sterling's Berkshire home was the target of an attempted break-in by masked men last weekend, which happened while the player was in the house with his young family. It is the second time in the last three years that the Chelsea winger has been targeted in a burglary, with the previous incident taking place when he lived in a different area.
Chelsea have been warned that Estevao Willian could follow the footprints of Jadon Sancho and fizzle out soon just like the England international, who has been struggling for form for the last few years after a bright start to his career. Following a loan move from Manchester United, Sancho showed sporadic flashes of brilliance at Stamford Bridge last season, scoring five goals and providing 10 assists in 41 appearances, and had a permanent clause in his contract worth up to £25 million ($33m) that Chelsea could have exercised. But disagreements over personal terms scuppered the deal, and the Blues paid a £5m penalty fee to terminate the arrangement.
Tottenham and Bayern Munich are in talks to activate the Premier League team's option to buy Joao Palhinha amid the midfielder's bright start since joining on loan from the Bundesliga side. The English side are negotiating to lower the purchase clause in his contract, which is currently set at around €30 million. Palhinha had moved to Bayern from English club Fulham in the summer of 2024 for a fee of €56m, but failed to get up and running in his solitary season in Germany.
Ruben Amorim reportedly "canvassed opinion" on Tyrell Malacia's reintegration from several Manchester United first-team players after the Dutch full-back became the only player from the club's 'bomb squad' who failed to secure a move away from Old Trafford during the summer transfer window. Other outcasts like Jadon Sancho, Marcus Rashford, Alejandro Garnacho and Antony were shipped off as Amorim overhauled the squad.
In the latest 442oons parody clip, Pep Guardiola gets serenaded by the Manchester City squad after winning his 1000th game in management. Featuring a star cameo from referee Michael Oliver, watch as the former Barcelona boss laps up the appreciation before revealing the man who made it all possible...
Manchester United have made a "concrete" approach for Elliot Anderson, who is being valued at an eye-watering amount by current club Nottingham Forest. Red Devils boss Ruben Amorim remains keen on signing a new central midfielder in 2026 as he continues to try and build a squad capable of challenging for the biggest honours again, and Anderson is reportedly near the top of his wishlist.
The Premier League has approved Arsenal's application for their game against Everton on December 21 to be pushed forward after Mikel Arteta complained about fixture congestion. With the Gunners progressing to the Carabao Cup quarter-finals, where they are scheduled to face Crystal Palace on December 23, the club wanted to avoid playing two matches in the span of just three days.
Sunday League side Wythenshawe Vets are “trying to tap up Wayne Rooney” after becoming a viral social media sensation. They have named a number of former Premier League stars in their team this season - including Stephen Ireland and Danny Drinkwater - with ex-Newcastle striker Papiss Cisse scoring seven second-half goals in their latest 13-0 victory.
Liverpool manager Arne Slot quipped after Sunday's 3-0 loss at Manchester City that the very best time to judge a team is at the end of the season. "The next best time," the Dutchman argued, "is after 19 games, because then you've all faced the same opponents." However, we don't really need to wait until the halfway point of the Premier League campaign to determine whether Liverpool are capable of retaining their title. The Reds' race is already run after five dreadful defeats in 11 games.
Legendary Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt, who is a die-hard supporter of Manchester United, has publicly pleaded with Red Devils legend Rio Ferdinand to approach the team management and offer his help to fix a glaring issue. United blew a one-goal lead to draw 2-2 for the second week in a row away at Tottenham in the Premier League on Saturday, missing the chance to move into the top four.
Manchester United legend Wayne Rooney has clarified whether he will be joining the cast of I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here contestants in 2025. The ex-England international saw his wife Coleen star on that show last year, with her stock soaring after a runner-up finish, and it has been suggested that Wayne could tread a similar path to the Australian jungle.
Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United and Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund have been put on high alert after 16-year-old Hertha Berlin sensation Kennet Eichhorn's release clause was revealed. Eichhorn has created history in Germany after establishing himself in the first team and is expected to be on the radar of Europe's elite next summer.
Former Newcastle United goalkeeper Tim Krul has jumped to the defence of under-fire manager Eddie Howe, who he considers to be a club legend. The English coach is under immense pressure after the Magpies' poor start to the 2025-26 campaign, as they have won just three out of their first 11 Premier League matches and sit just two points above the relegation zone.
Manchester United youngster James Overy has been handed a shock call-up to the Australia senior national team ahead of their upcoming friendly matches this month. Socceroos boss Tony Popovic, who has been left "impressed" by the teenager, has even hinted that Overy could earn a role in his World Cup squad for next summer's tournament in North America.
Ruben Amorim has been subjected to plenty of criticism across his reign as Manchester United manager, and the Portuguese coach is not afraid to dish some out himself. It has been revealed that he gave Manuel Ugarte - a player that he previously worked with at Sporting - a serious dressing down following defeat to Tottenham in the 2025 Europa League final.
Sven-Goran Eriksson's family has been forced to sell his lakeside mansion in a cut-price deal to help pay off the late England manager's massive debts. Eriksson, who was in charge of England for five years and took the team to two World Cups and a European Championship, bought the mansion in 2001 for a whopping £4.5 million, but his family has now accepted a total loss on the property of around £3m.