Tottenham head coach Thomas Frank has claimed he was happy to have only given up five shots to Manchester United during their 2-2 draw in the Premier League on Saturday due to the visitors' attacking strength. The Red Devils led for much of the game before Spurs scored twice in quick succession late on, only for Matthijs de Ligt to head in a 96th-minute equaliser to ensure the spoils were shared.
Dimitar Berbatov has commented on the plight of Kobbie Mainoo, saying the English midfielder is in a "cruel situation" under Ruben Amorim's management. The ex-Manchester United forward spoke glowingly about the 20-year-old's talents, and questioned whether he should pursue a move away from Old Trafford to continue his development. Mainoo has started just one game in all competitions this season.
Matthijs de Ligt scored a 96th-minute equaliser as Manchester United managed to snag a 2-2 draw from their trip to Tottenham, snapping a run of four successive losses to Spurs. Thomas Frank's side trailed for much of the game but a late turnaround saw them close in on three points, only for Ruben Amorim's men to claw back at the very last and enact at least some sort of revenge after losing last season's Europa League final.
Matheus Cunha recalled his tunnel conversation with Ruben Amorim last season after starring in Wolves' 1-0 win at Old Trafford in April. Cunha eventually went on to sign for Manchester United in the summer transfer window after the English giants triggered his £62.5million ($85m) release clause. Cunha, along with Bryan Mbeumo and Benjamin Sesko, was brought in at Old Trafford as part of Amorim's squad overhaul.
Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola has named Jurgen Klopp as his “main rival” as he prepares to lock horns with his old adversary’s former club Liverpool in the 1,000th game of his illustrious managerial career. The Catalan has been reflecting on his famous battles with the German ahead of achieving what he describes as an “insane” milestone on Sunday.
Bryan Mbeumo has revealed his stance on a potential Cameroon national team call-up for the African Cup of Nations in December as the winger is determined to avoid the club vs country row. The AFCON 2025 kicks off in the last week of December, while the players are expected to link up with their respective national teams two weeks before the competition commences.
Manchester United boss Ruben Amorim has urged Benjamin Sesko to “embrace” the challenge of proving his doubters wrong after receiving criticism following his slow start to the season. The Slovenia international has found it difficult following his £74 million (€84m/$97m) move from Bundesliga side RB Leipzig but his manager has now challenged him to change the script.
Leny Yoro is adamant he has no “regrets” over joining Manchester United, saying he is “really happy” with his decision. The France Under-21 international has become a regular fixture for the Red Devils following his £52 million (€59m/$68m) move from Ligue 1 side Lille in July 2024, turning down interest from Spanish giants Real Madrid in the process.
Erling Haaland needed less than four minutes to score his first ever goal against Liverpool. Aged just 19 at the time, he had started on the bench for RB Salzburg's Champions League visit to Anfield in 2019, despite scoring a hat-trick on his competition debut against Genk. He was introduced by coach Jesse Marsch with his side in the middle of a comeback from three goals down and duly made it 3-3.
Liverpool are reportedly prepared to initiate contract talks with Dominik Szoboszlai, as the club looks to secure the future of the Hungarian. It has been revealed that Arne Slot is eager to tie down the playmaker, alongside teammate Ryan Gravenberch, with the Reds preparing for the long haul.
Matheus Cunha says he is determined to "bring back the glory days" at Manchester United. The Brazilian has helped Ruben Amorim's team become a more competitive force this season but the ex-Wolves man says this is just the beginning. But amid his impressive start to the season, the 26-year-old was quick to downplay comparisons to Red Devils icon Eric Cantona.
Florian Wirtz's dad claimed that the player's entourage is "perfectly happy" as he weighed in on his son's early struggles at Liverpool. The 22-year-old German was billed as the next great creative force as he was once the crown jewel of Xabi Alonso’s Bayer Leverkusen side that swept to a historic Bundesliga and DFB-Pokal double. However, since he swapped Bay Arena for Anfield, his attacking output has seen an abysmal fall.
Preston North End attacker Milutin Osmajic has been handed a nine-game ban after being charged with racially abusing Burnley midfielder Hannibal Mejbri. The incident took place during Preston's goalless draw with Burnley in February and now he will be out of action until late December. The forward denied the allegations but he has been fined £21,000.
Thomas Frank issued a concerning injury update on Mohammed Kudus ahead of their Manchester United clash this weekend. The Ghanaian playmaker, who joined Spurs from West Ham United in a £55 million ($72.5m) summer move, has become one of the club’s most consistent performers this season. He has scored once and set up five goals across 15 appearances. But just as he seemed to gain momentum, disaster struck again.
Mikel Arteta is excited about the return of the "very unpredictable" Gabriel Jesus from injury following a lengthy rehabilitation. The Brazilian forward has been sidelined by a brutal knee injury since January in an FA Cup encounter with Manchester United. The striker clashed awkwardly with Bruno Fernandes and had to be stretchered off from the pitch as Jesus was in visible pain.
Alejandro Garnacho has been told that facets of his game are not at a good enough level for a big club like Chelsea or Manchester United. The 21-year-old swapped Old Trafford for Stamford Bridge this summer and despite showing flashes of quality for Enzo Maresca's team so far, some of his detractors still feel there are some glaring holes in his game.
Aston Villa have reportedly reached an agreement with Morgan Rogers over a new long-term contract. The 23-year-old's deal was set to expire in 2030, so Unai Emery's team are in a strong position when it comes to resisting interest from potential suitors in the coming months. Now, the attacking midfielder is said to be nearing a contract extension at Villa Park.
Ruben Amorim and Enzo Maresca have been warned about Oliver Glasner as the Austrian is reportedly being eyed by the "big clubs" amid links with the Manchester United & Chelsea jobs. While both Amorim & Maresca continue to work at their respective clubs, Glasner’s calm authority at Selhurst Park has seen his reputation skyrocket. And the 51-year-old has been backed to eventually move to one of the big boys.
Premier League legend Rory Delap has revealed that his son Liam was reduced to tears as a child as overzealous parents accused him of "ruining the game" with his long throws. The 49-year-old was the long throw-in king during his playing days, and as a result, his offspring appear to find it hard not to be tarred with that same brush. And when Liam was at primary school, one incident stung the Delap family.
Carlos Baleba has been backed to become Manchester United's own Rodri despite Casemiro's resurgence at Old Trafford. In recent weeks, the Brazilian has reminded fans exactly why he’s one of the finest defensive midfielders of his generation. Yet, Ruben Amorim feels that he needs to add more steel in midfield, and a summer bid for Baleba has not been ruled out.
Manchester United star Harry Maguire has revealed how his childhood nickname led to him legally changing his birth name because his "mum didn't like it". Once the most expensive defender in football history, Maguire arrived at Old Trafford in 2019 for a staggering £80 million from Leicester City. The world came to know about 'Harry Maguire', but only a few knew that his name was different when he was born.