Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe has confirmed he is unwilling to sell Callum Wilson in January amid reports linking the striker to Chelsea.
The 26-year-old originally joined the club from League One side Coventry City in the summer of 2014 while Bournemouth were still in the Championship.
Wilson proved important in their promotion to the Premier League, netting 20 goals in the Championship that season.
While Wilson’s production in the top-flight has been much more modest since, he is off to a flying start to this season, having netted six times in just 11 Premier League games so far.
Wilson scored his 50th goal for the club in their 2-1 loss to Manchester United last weekend and received his first senior England international call-up this week.
Reports have circulated that his performances this year have gotten him on the radar of the Blues, with Maurizio Sarri possibly weighing up a move as early as January to bring reinforcements to his strike force.
But Howe is not having any of that, and says that he will not permit selling his in-form striker.
“Of course not,” Howe told the Bournemouth Echo when asked if he would entertain any interest. “From my position, sitting here as the manager, I’m looking to build a team.
“I still feel we are a relatively new team with this group of players and the signings we made in the summer.
“I’m really pleased with how the squad is set up and the structure of it and I don’t want to break that.”
Behind Wilson, Bournemouth have made an impressive start to the season and currently sit sixth in the Premier League, just four points off the top four.
Bournemouth will look to continue that run when they visit Newcastle on Saturday ahead of the international break but face a tough run of matches following that.
Howe's return from the break to face Arsenal at home before a daunting trip to Manchester to take on league leaders City to open December to open up a run of three matches in eight days that will also include a clash against Liverpool.