Manchester United were mocked over social media as Rasmus Hojlund continued his fine goalscoring form since leaving the club in the summer. The striker found the back of the net once again in Denmark’s World Cup-qualifying clash with Greece on Sunday evening, having also made a brilliant start to life with Serie A champions Napoli following his departure from Old Trafford in September.
In-form striker Erling Haaland is on his way back to Manchester City after the Norwegian Football Association announced he has been released from international duty. Fresh from scoring a hat-trick to help his country take a major step towards qualifying for next summer's World Cup, the 25-year-old will not feature when Stale Solbakken’s men take on New Zealand in an international friendly.
Manchester United have been sent a message over their interest in Adam Wharton's transfer as Crystal Palace chief admitted that the midfielder would want to play in the Champions League in the future. The Red Devils have been linked with a move for the English midfielder as they look to replace an ageing Casemiro, while Kobbie Mainoo could also exit Old Trafford due to lack of game time.
Harry Kane has been told that he would post similar numbers to Erling Haaland if handed the No.9 jersey at Manchester City. The Blues were keen on the England captain at one stage, as they sought to bring another prolific presence onto their books. No deal was done with Tottenham and Kane ultimately headed to Bayern Munich, with Norwegian striker Haaland being added to star-studded ranks at the Etihad Stadium.
Former Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has sent out a strong message to Reds fans about new signing Florian Wirtz following the German midfielder's slow start to life at Anfield. Wirtz moved to Merseyside on a blockbuster £116 million ($156m) transfer from Bayer Leverkusen in the summer, but the star player is yet to deliver with a goal or an assist in the Premier League and Champions League.
Michail Antonio’s mangled Ferrari has been up for sale on eBay, with the supercar being made available for £50,000. Former West Ham and Nottingham Forest forward Antonio suffered a horror car crash in December 2024 when colliding with a tree. He required major surgery after that accident, with the Jamaica international admitting that he was fortunate to escape with his life.
Ethan Nwaneri produced a scintillating performance to help England Under-21s secure an impressive 4-0 victory over Moldova in a European Championship qualifier. The Arsenal attacking midfielder recorded two assists on the night, including setting up a stunning effort from Chelsea winger Jamie Gittens, as the Three Lions maintained their perfect record in qualifying after two matches.
Alan Shearer has come to the defence of under-fire Nottingham Forest manager Ange Postecoglou, calling his tactical tweaks "really unusual" but insisting he shouldn't be sacked despite a dismal start. Postecoglou is yet to win a game since taking charge, but Shearer believes it's "ridiculous" to judge him so soon - even as Sean Dyche waits in the wings.
Five Premier League players - including Alex Iwobi and Calvin Bassey - were among those to endure flight chaos after jetting out of Nigeria's latest 2026 World Cup qualifier. There was midair mayhem during that journey as a cracked windscreen forced the plane that the Super Eagles were travelling on to make an emergency landing. Said trip was eventually completed some 12 hours later than initially planned.
England manager Thomas Tuchel would reportedly not be considered for the Manchester United job if Ruben Amorim is sacked at Old Trafford. Tuchel is 'fully expected' to see through his contract to after the 2026 World Cup, while the German was 'unimpressed' with the Red Devils' hiring process when he was previously contacted as a potential replacement for Erik ten Hag.
Ryan Reynolds has explained how he and Rob Mac have changed the mindset of a football club and community in North Wales, with people now proud to say: “I’m from Wrexham.” That was not the case when two Hollywood stars completed a stunning takeover of then National League Red Dragons in 2021, with a record-shattering rise to prominence having been enjoyed since then.
Tottenham Hotspur star Joao Palhinha has always been known for his incredible understanding of the game on the pitch, and he has now showcased that he has elite ball knowledge as well. The Bayern Munich loanee aced the Lilywhites' 'guess the career path: Portugal edition' challenge after correctly guessing 11 players by looking at their clubs over the years.
Barcelona are believed to be delighted with Marcus Rashford's progress and are considering sealing a permanent transfer for the Englishman next summer, following an impressive start to life in Catalunya. Rashford joined on an initial loan deal from Manchester United in August, with Barca bosses said to be wary that the deal seemed "too good to be true". The 27-year-old has proven his worth, particularly as he fired La Blaugrana to victory at Newcastle in the Champions League, and he may see his Barcelona story stretch beyond next summer.
Harry Maguire is reportedly prepared to reject a staggering £500,000-a-week offer from Saudi Arabia to stay at Manchester United - but only if the club give him the assurances and new contract he's looking for. The England defender, whose deal expires next summer, is said to be open to extending his stay at Old Trafford if United make clear he remains part of their long-term plans.
Marcus Rashford has lined up a permanent move to Barcelona next summer after a prolific start to his life in Barcelona. After being put in Ruben Amorim's 'bomb squad' this summer, Manchester United outcast Rashford was sent out on a loan move to Barcelona. The Catalan giants have the option to make the transfer permanent next year for a fee of £26million ($34m).
Nottingham Forest are considering replacing Ange Postecoglou with Sean Dyche, should they decide to part ways with the Australian coach after just a handful of games in charge. The former Tottenham Hotspur boss has failed to impress and win over the hearts of the Forest faithful and, with patience running low, could be moved on in favour of the former Everton and Burnley manager.
Real Madrid have earmarked Erling Haaland as Vincius Junior's replacement as the Spanish giants make the Manchester City star a priority target if the Brazilian leaves the club and moves to Saudi Arabia. Vinicius Jr has been linked with a move to the Saudi Pro League for almost two years now. The winger has yet to agree to sign a new Los Blancos contract, with only two years left in his existing deal.
Former Chelsea star Diego Costa reignited his feud with former Liverpool enemy Martin Skrtel during a charity match between the Blues and the Reds. Costa, who was infamous for his flaring tempers during matches, has not changed and it was evident in his antics during the game, which was deemed to be a friendly encounter for a noble cause. Costa spent three years at Stamford Bridge between 2014 and 2017.
Former Arsenal star Jack Wilshere has officially been appointed as the new manager of struggling Luton Town. The 33-year-old takes the reins at Kenilworth Road following the sacking of Matt Bloomfield, with the Hatters opting to hand the rookie coach his first permanent senior managerial role in a bold and eye-catching move. Wilshere has only held an interim job with a senior side so far.
Erling Haaland saved his blushes by scoring for Norway moments after having a penalty saved twice by Israel goalkeeper Daniel Peretz. The goal machine failed to convert from the spot initially, but Peretz was judged to have come off of his line and Haaland was allowed to retake. The striker fluffed his lines again and was made to look a fool, although that did not last long.
Tottenham star Mikey Moore returned to form with a stunning hat-trick in England Under-19s' thumping 4-1 win over Belgium on Saturday. Moore scored his maiden hat-trick for England in the U19 age group as Will Antwi's side marched towards a comprehensive victory in the first of the two international friendlies they are scheduled to play during the October break.
Kyle Walker has admitted that he never should have left Manchester City to go on loan to AC Milan last season, criticising his own decision as ‘selfish’. The English defender made the six-month switch to the Italian giants in January and, looking back, believes it was the wrong move to make at the time, given City had been uncharacteristically struggling under Pep Guardiola.
Bruno Fernandes has claimed he always wanted to remain at Manchester United over the summer, despite being the target of a number of bids from clubs in the Saudi Pro League. The Red Devils' skipper also dismissed the suggestion that he opted to remain at the club so he would remain in his best shape for the World Cup, insisting both he and the club wanted him to stay in Manchester.
Bundesliga club Hamburger SV chief has dismissed concerns that Tottenham Hotspur could call back their wonderkid Luka Vuskovic from his loan spell in January. Vukosvic, who formally signed for Spurs in the summer, was sent out on a season-long loan to Germany so that the 18-year-old can further grow with more game time under his belt in the Bundesliga.
Arsenal defender Jurrien Timber is reportedly open to playing in a different position after thriving on Netherlands' duty. Fresh from a commanding display for the Dutch against Malta, the 24-year-old has shown that his football intelligence and adaptability make him one of the most complete players in Europe right now.
Former Manchester United defender James Chester has reportedly made a sensational return to Old Trafford; not as a player, but as a coach. Fourteen years after leaving the club that shaped him, the one-time academy prodigy is back on familiar turf, this time helping nurture United’s next generation of stars.
FIFA is redrafting its regulations concerning domestic league games played in foreign countries and seeking legal advice on potentially banning them outright, after UEFA reluctantly approved LaLiga and Serie A matches to be played overseas. The games to be played are Villarreal v Barcelona in Miami and AC Milan v Como in Perth.
Tottenham have joined the list of teams keen on signing Brentford attacker Kevin Schade, with the Bees’ former boss lining up a potential switch. Frank signed Schade from Freiburg in 2023 and now wants to reunite with the Germany international.
Lucas Paqueta could reportedly leave West Ham in January as Flamengo eye an ambitious swoop for the Hammers ace. According to Brazilian outlet Bolavip, Flamengo’s technical director José Boto is spearheading the campaign to lure Paqueta home. The report claims that Boto has been in constant dialogue with the midfielder’s representatives, determined to make the emotional reunion happen.
Eden Hazard is set for a Chelsea return as the former Belgium international is poised to play at Stamford Bridge once more after a fractious exit. The 34-year-old former superstar, who retired from football in October 2023, will return to West London this Saturday as part of the Chelsea Legends vs Liverpool Legends charity clash.