Newcastle United are set to go back in for Yoane Wissa after Brentford agreed a £37 million ($50m) fee to sign Dango Ouattara from Bournemouth. The Cherries forward has given the green light for a switch to the Gtech Community Stadium, with final formalities expected within days. Ouattara’s arrival effectively ends Brentford’s resistance to selling the DR Congo striker.
Newcastle United’s hunt for a new frontman has swung dramatically back to Paris-Saint Germain striker Goncalo Ramos, with reports revealing that the 24-year-old has resurfaced as a genuine option at St. James’ Park. Earlier this month, the Portugal international was brushed aside as an unlikely target after initial probes suggested PSG were unwilling to budge.
Newcastle United manager Eddie Howe has requested that the club resolve Alexander Isak's situation soon, while backing fans' right to boo the wantaway striker. The Magpies fans were heard hurling an X-rated chant at Isak at Villa Park at full-time after the team's Premier League opener against Aston Villa. Isak is determined to move out of Newcastle this summer and sign for Liverpool.
Liverpool have made Alexander Isak their clear transfer priority this summer, with talks confirming they will not pursue both the Newcastle striker and Paris Saint-Germain’s Bradley Barcola. While the Reds admire the Frenchman, all focus remains on the Swede, who has told Newcastle he no longer wants to play for them. Liverpool’s £110 million ($149m) bid was rejected last week, but the saga is far from over.
Football fans lashed out at Alexander Isak after the Swedish striker released a bombshell statement taking aim at the Magpies, amid his stand-off with the club over a transfer to Liverpool this summer. Isak has been banished from Newcastle's first team squad and is training alone. The striker was also left out of the matchday squad against Aston Villa.
Alexander Isak's compatriot Robin Nelson says he stands by the Newcastle forward after he made his spat with the Magpies public with a bombshell statement on Tuesday. Isak claimed in his long rant that his relationship with the Magpies is over as his stand-off with them continues regarding a possible transfer to Liverpool this summer. Isak is no longer part of Eddie Howe's first team and his training alone.
Newcastle United could reportedly bid to sign Inter star Francesco Pio Esposito if Alexander Isak gate crashes his way out of St. James' Park to Liverpool. The Merseyside club are preparing to crank up the pressure on the Magpies with an eye-watering £130 million offer for Isak. The Reds already had a colossal £110m bid thrown back at them earlier this summer, but they are convinced that upping the ante will finally do the job.