Manchester City host Watford at the Etihad Stadium on Tuesday night, little over 48 hours since their draw at Crystal Palace.
City lost Gabriel Jesus and Kevin De Bruyne to injury at Selhurst Park, while Vincent Kompany and Fabian Delph missed out altogether.
That means Pep Guardiola is likely to shuffle his pack for the game against the Hornets.
MAN CITY INJURIES
Guardiola said Jesus will be out for between one and two months with the injury he picked up at Selhurst Park, meaning he misses out here.
De Bruyne said he was 'OK" after being taken off in the closing stages on Sunday, but even if he has escaped serious harm — which will be determined on Monday — he is unlikely to be risked so soon.
Guardiola said on Friday that Kompany and Delph's injuries were not serious, but he also admitted he was "worried" about a fixture pile-up in January and is clearly not taking any chances.
John Stones made the bench at Palace and could come in from the start, though with such a short space of time between games it is uncertain whether he will yet be ready to play 90 minutes.
David Silva missed out again due to personal reasons and his availability for Tuesday is unknown. Benjamin Mendy is out with a serious knee injury.
MAN CITY SUSPENSIONS
Manchester City have no suspensions for the game but Troy Deeney is banned for the Hornets.
MAN CITY POTENTIAL STARTING LINE-UP
Ilkay Gundogan is most likely to to deputise for David Silva, if the Spaniard is permitted more time off to deal with a personal issue. Bernardo Silva played the latter stages of Sunday's game in midfield and he could stand in for De Bruyne. If only one of David Silva and De Bruyne miss out, Gundogan is the most likely to come in.
Raheem Sterling is likely to come back into the side up front, having been kept on the bench from the start on Sunday.
Stones is a candidate to replace Eliaquim Mangala at centre-back, though it is possible that a decision may only be made on the day of the game, given the short space of time between matches.
Sergio Aguero can look forward to a run of matches up front in Jesus' absence.
WATFORD TEAM NEWS
Watford have a string of injuries to contend with, as they seem to have had for much of the season.
Kiko Femenia has missed several games with a hamstring injury, as has Will Hughes. Younes Kaboul, Craig Cathcart and Nathaniel Chalobah have been missing since the early stages of the campaign, while Miguel Britos has been out since November with a leg injury.
Troy Deeney is suspended.
OPTA MATCH FACTS
- Manchester City have won their last seven meetings with Watford in all competitions, by an aggregate score of 24-3
- Watford have failed to score in their last four league visits to Manchester City, stretching back to 2001. Should they fail to score here, it would be their joint-longest league run without finding the net at a specific opponent (5 vs Bournemouth between 1962-1967 and 5 vs Cardiff between 1971-2003).
- Manchester City are unbeaten in their last 22 Premier League games at the Etihad Stadium (W17 D5) — their longest such run in the competition since a 37-game streak ending in December 2012.
- Watford have lost their last three away games in the Premier League, netting just one goal in the process. The Hornets last endured a longer losing away run in the competition between February and May 2017 (7)
- Sergio Aguero has scored nine goals in his five games against Watford in all competitions, including two hat-tricks — one in an FA Cup tie in January 2014, and another in City’s 6-0 win at Vicarage Road in the reverse fixture.
- Sergio Aguero — who has six goals in four Premier League games against the Hornets — could become the second player to score a Premier League hat-trick against the same club twice in a season, after Emmanuel Adebayor against Derby County in 2007-08.
TV COVERAGE & KICK-OFF TIME
Kick off is 20:00 GMT (15:00 ET) on Tuesday, January 2, though the game will not be shown live on television in the United Kingdom.
In the United States (US), Premier League matches can be watched live and on-demand with fuboTV (7-day free trial).