Brentford are ready to sell their star striker Yoane Wissa to Newcastle, but only on one condition. The Magpies have been linked with him since July as they look to sign Liverpool-bound Alexander Isak's replacement. While Isak is currently at Newcastle, his transfer to the Reds will only be sanctioned once his current side sign a new forward.
Manchester United academy graduate Toby Collyer will not be included as a makeweight in a swap deal to sign Brighton star Carlos Baleba this summer. The Red Devils have emerged as a serious contender to sign the 21-year-old midfielder, who is regarded as one of the finest young talents in the Premier League.
Some players in the Manchester United dressing room are said to have immediately turned on Rasmus Hojlund after he switched to former boss Erik ten Hag's agency. Following a nightmare 2024-25 campaign, the Danish striker is now in line to exit Old Trafford this summer, with AC Milan reportedly showing an interest in signing him.
Chelsea do not intend to sign a new defender despite Levi Colwill's ACL injury. The Blues were dealt a major injury blow earlier this week as Colwill sustained an ACL injury during pre-season training and later underwent surgery. The English defender will be sidelined for a significant period of time during the 2025-26 campaign. Yet, the Blues do not have an 'emergency plan' to enter the transfer market.
Liverpool manager Arne Slot has confirmed new £29.5 million signing Jeremie Frimpong is being considered as a temporary replacement for Mohamed Salah, who is set to miss a chunk of the 2025-26 season due to the Africa Cup of Nations. The Dutchman has admitted the Egyptian’s absence influenced transfer plans as the right-back could shift from defence to attack.
Manchester United players have reportedly thrown their support behind manager Ruben Amorim’s bold call to remove Marcus Rashford and four other outcasts from first-team activities. With Rashford now at Barcelona and the remaining quartet sidelined, the dressing room atmosphere is said to be 'very good' as optimism grows for a fresh start under the new boss.
Manchester United are reportedly set to officially unveil Benjamin Sesko at Old Trafford this weekend ahead of their pre-season friendly against Fiorentina. The Slovenian striker is undergoing the second part of his medical and joins from RB Leipzig in a deal worth up to £74 million. He becomes The Red Devils’ fourth summer signing as Ruben Amorim rebuilds the squad.
Armando Broja has left Chelsea and completed a permanent transfer to Burnley for a reported £20 million fee. The 23-year-old Albania striker has penned a five-year deal with the Clarets, following Lesley Ugochukwu in making the switch from Stamford Bridge to Turf Moor this week as Burnley prepare for their return to the Premier League.
Nicolas Jackson has been left out from Chelsea's squad for their pre-season friendly against Bayer Leverkusen at Stamford Bridge, fuelling speculation over his future. The 24-year-old trained alone earlier on Friday, with Newcastle and Bayern Munich keen on a summer move. The striker has also now reportedly asked officially to leave the west London side.
Newcastle United manager Eddie Howe has reaffirmed that Alexander Isak remains part of the club’s long-term plans, but admitted the Sweden international cannot currently train with the squad or feature in their Premier League curtain-raiser against Aston Villa. The decision comes amid mounting transfer speculation linking the forward with a transfer to the reigning English champions Liverpool.
Manchester United have reportedly shown interest in Internacional's young forward, Ricardo Mathias, following a scouting mission this week. According to Globo Esporte, the Premier League club sent an official scout to observe the 19-year-old in action during Internacional’s Copa do Brasil match against Fluminense at the Maracana Stadium. Although Internacional was eliminated after the 1-1 draw, the performance of their rising star did not go unnoticed by potential suitors.
The football community continues to mourn the loss of Liverpool forward Diogo Jota, with AS Roma's Paulo Dybala, accompanied by veteran manager Claudio Ranieri and sporting director Frederic Massara, arrived at Anfield to lay a bouquet of flowers at the growing memorial dedicated to Jota. The Portuguese international and his younger brother, André Silva, tragically lost their lives in a car accident in Spain in early July.