Liverpool have reportedly agreed to sign a shock Marc Guehi alternative in 2027 with personal terms already finalised for the £35 million defender. The Red's frantic transfer window ended in heartbreak after their pursuit of Crystal Palace captain Guehi spectacularly fell through. The England centre-back had been poised for a high-profile Anfield switch, even undergoing medical checks, before Palace chairman Steve Parish pulled the plug at the final hour.
Liverpool legend, Emile Heskey slammed Alexander Isak & Yoane Wissa's behaviour during the transfer window before hailing Marc Guehi as a "true professional". Sweden striker Isak finally sealed his move to Liverpool, ending a month-long standoff with Newcastle United. The forward had refused to join his Magpies teammates on their pre-season tour, effectively going on strike and publicly accusing the club of mistreatment.
Liverpool won't reignite their interest in Marc Guehi in the January transfer window as they look to sign the England defender for free next summer once his Crystal Palace contract expires. The Reds were very close to landing Guehi in the summer transfer window, until Palace chairman Steve Parish pulled the plug on the deal at the 11th hour on deadline day.
England are sweating on Marc Guehi's fitness ahead of their crucial World Cup qualifying game against Serbia. The Three Lions have maintained a 100 per cent win record in qualifying so far, including the victory over Andorra on Saturday, where Arsenal midfielder Declan Rice was on target, but they could be without Crystal Palace star Guehi on Tuesday night.
Marc Guehi may have seen his dream transfer to Liverpool fall apart on deadline day, but the Crystal Palace captain certainly didn't let it affect his mood with England. Instead, the 25-year-old made an emphatic statement during the latest Three Lions World Cup qualifiers, emerging as one of the standout performers.
Arne Slot has lifted the lid on Liverpool's failed attempts to sign Crystal Palace star Marc Guehi while admitting "it happens to our players as well". The Reds' dramatic deadline-day move sensationally fell apart in the final moments of the transfer window, despite the England star completing a medical and agreeing terms at Anfield.
Crystal Palace boss Oliver Glasner has rubbished claims he tried to strong-arm the club into keeping Marc Guehi by threatening to quit. The Austrian coach, whose contract runs until the end of this season, insisted there was no ultimatum and no heated fallout with chairman Steve Parish. Instead, Glasner said the saga was a matter of pure footballing logic.
Manchester United have been urged to launch a January swoop for Marc Guehi after the Crystal Palace captain's proposed move to Liverpool fell through. The centre-back was set to move to Anfield on deadline day but, at the eleventh hour, the move collapsed, leaving Guehi to spend at least the first half of the season at Selhurst Park.
Marc Guehi has reportedly set his heart on a surprise transfer away from Crystal Palace after the defender saw his deadline day move to Liverpool collapse. The England defender came within a whisker of joining the Reds on deadline day, only for Crystal Palace to pull the plug when they couldn’t land a replacement.
Oliver Glasner says Marc Guehi has shrugged off the disappointment of seeing a Liverpool transfer fall through and is now focusing only on Crystal Palace. The 25-year-old looked set to make a switch to Anfield on summer deadline day, only for the move to collapse at the eleventh hour. Amid speculation the Reds may return for him in January, Glasner has no concerns about Guehi's professionalism.
Liverpool target Marc Guehi has been told he could join Real Madrid as the Crystal Palace captain prepares to discuss a free transfer away from Selhurst Park. The England defender was set to join Liverpool in the summer before a move collapsed. Instead of sulking, the 25-year-old has delivered his best football yet, spearheading Palace’s record-breaking run under Oliver Glasner.
Barcelona have reportedly intensified contact for Crystal Palace defender Marc Guehi amid growing competition from Bayern Munich, Liverpool and Real Madrid. The England international, whose deal runs until 2026, was close to joining Liverpool in the summer but a collapsed transfer could now trigger a full-scale bidding war across Europe.
Crystal Palace stunned Liverpool by cancelling Marc Guehi’s £35 million ($47m) deadline day move to Anfield, with Palace chairman Steve Parish revealing his side's maiden European campaign was the key factor. Parish stressed that keeping the England captain was crucial for the Eagles’ season, despite the allure of a big-money transfer, highlighting the unique circumstances behind the dramatic last-minute U-turn.
Crystal Palace head coach Oliver Glasner has confirmed that club captain Marc Guehi will not sign a new contract, and he will leave Selhurst Park next year. The 26 year-old's deal expires on June 30, 2026, when he can leave the Eagles on a free transfer. Many of Europe's elite clubs are interested, with Liverpool, Manchester City, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and Barcelona reportedly chasing him.
Liverpool have been dealt a blow in their attempts to sign Marc Guehi as Crystal Palace reportedly plan to sell the defender in January, amid interest from Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid. The England international was on the verge of joining the Reds in the summer, only for the Eagles to pull the plug at the last minute as they struggled to sign a replacement in time.