Mason Greenwood has been told how to reach the next level with Marseille as the former Manchester United forward makes a return to Champions League football. The Englishman is preparing for the biggest game of his Marseille career so far as he readies himself to face Real Madrid at the Santiago Bernabeu. He has reignited his career in France after leaving Old Trafford under a cloud, and Tuesday night marks his return to top-tier European football.
Borussia Dortmund striker Serhou Guirassy has been labelled "world-class" by sporting director Sebastian Kehl amid his impressive performances for the German club. With four goals from three games already in the Bundesliga, the striker is in fine form and the club chief insists only Real Madrid's Kylian Mbappe can match him in one area.
NWSL veteran Savannah DeMelo collapsed shortly before half time of Racing Louisville's fixture with Seattle Reign on Sunday, with the match subsequently suspended. She was taken by ambulance to a local hospital, and was "stable and alert" later on Sunday, according to club officials. The 27-year-old has battled Graves disease and hyperthyroidism.
Luis Enrique believes Paris Saint-Germain's first-ever Champions League triumph has lifted a weight off the squad, insisting it will be “easier” to win again this season. The Spaniard hailed his players for breaking through mental barriers last term, as Ousmane Dembele, Gianluigi Donnarumma and Achraf Hakimi powered the club to a historic treble.
Harry Kane has delivered an update on how his German lessons are going, with the Bayern Munich superstar still in the process of becoming bilingual. The England captain stepped out of his professional comfort zone in 2023 when completing a move to the Allianz Arena. His communication skills are improving, but there is still work to be done on the linguistics front.
Barcelona’s wait to return to Camp Nou drags on, as it was confirmed their upcoming La Liga clash against Getafe will be played at the 6,000-capacity Johan Cruyff Stadium. While the club hope to secure the necessary license in time, focus is already shifting to the Champions League deadline, with UEFA demanding assurances before the crunch clash against Paris Saint-Germain on October 1.
Ex-Manchester United boss Erik ten Hag has reportedly rejected a return to one of his old clubs in a bid to protect his finances following his sudden departure from Bayer Leverkusen. Ten Hag returned to management in the summer after being sacked by the Red Devils last October, but only lasted two leagues games in the BayArena hot seat.
La Liga president Javier Tebas has denied Real Madrid's claims that the league authorities targeted the club by sending a doping team to Los Blancos’ training ground on Monday. In the process, Tebas has taken a dig at Xabi Alonso’s side, that they blame La Liga for everything after the club registered an official complaint to FIFA.
Dele Alli has been told why it will be “tough” for him to land a working relationship with NFL legend Tom Brady at Birmingham City. Ex-England international Dele finds himself in the free agent pool again after being released by Como. A return to his homeland has been speculated on, with ambitious teams in the Championship among those said to be keen.
Cavan Sullivan is considered to be the closest thing to an “American Lamine Yamal”, but ex-USMNT star Brad Friedel wants to see the teenage wonderkid left alone to focus on his football. The highly-rated youngster, who already has a move to Manchester City lined up, has made history in MLS and would appear to occupy a similar talent bracket to a fellow sensation at Barcelona.
Paris Saint-Germain sporting director Luis Campos has poured cold water on suggestions that Barcelona wonderkid Lamine Yamal should win the Ballon d’Or, insisting the award has “no discussion” and must go to Ousmane Dembele. Yamal enjoyed an extraordinary season with Barcelona, but Campos highlighted Dembele’s treble-winning heroics with PSG as decisive.
Senne Lammens' brother has admitted he felt that the Belgian goalkeeper should have joined Galatasaray instead of Manchester United in the summer transfer window, amid fears he would "succumb to the pressure" of life at Old Trafford. Lammens completed an £18 million ($25m) deadline day move from Royal Antwerp as the Red Devils decided against placing a formal offer for Aston Villa's Emiliano Martinez.
Former Bayern Munich chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has stated that big clubs like Manchester City, Real Madrid, and Paris Saint-Germain will have learned their lesson in the new Champions League format after their shaky performances at the start of last season. The German legend believes the top clubs have learned that they must attempt to dominate the competition from the very first round.
Como sensation Nico Paz admits to watching Lionel Messi videos on YouTube as he attempts to “replicate” what the Inter Miami superstar is capable of. Paz is now an Argentina international team-mate of the eight-time Ballon d’Or winner, but continues to use his illustrious fellow countryman as a source of inspiration when it comes to enhancing his own game.
Paul Scholes has torn into Manchester United for a "criminal offence" in the summer transfer window, with Ruben Amorim missing out on a "best in the world" signing. The Red Devils spent a whopping £205 million ($280m) on the likes of Bryan Mbeumo, Matheus Cunha, Benjamin Sesko and Senne Lammens, but have still made a poor start to the new season.
Legendary former Real Madrid midfielder Guti dreams of a return to football management five years after he last had a managerial role. After retiring from football, Guti worked in Real Madrid's academy and then was an assistant coach at Besiktas, before coaching Almeria in the second division. The iconic midfielder is hopeful of earning an opportunity like his former team-mate and current Madrid boss Xabi Alonso did.
Ex-Germany defender Mats Hummels has sounded the alarm over football’s relentless calendar, warning that elite players risk being “worn down” by the strain. The ex-Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich star believes the workload has hit its “maximum,” raising concerns that big names could soon miss key matches due to fatigue and injuries.
Facundo Buonanotte has been added to Chelsea’s Champions League squad following an injury blow to another of the Blues’ summer signings. Highly-rated midfielder Dario Essugo has been forced to undergo surgery on a thigh problem. That has left the door open for Buonanotte to be drafted into Enzo Maresca’s plans ahead of a return to elite European competition.
The MET office has delivered an update amid fears Liverpool's Champions League clash with Atletico Madrid could be postponed due to extreme weather. A yellow weather warning was issued ahead of the match warning of gusty winds that could disrupt travel and cause power outages.
Harry Kane has dismissed claims that the 2025-26 campaign will result in a “boring” procession from Bayern Munich towards the Bundesliga title. The reigning German champions have started the new season in spectacular style, picking up a maximum haul of nine points from three games - with Vincent Kompany’s side scoring 14 goals while conceding just two.
Paris Saint-Germain director Luis Campos has revealed that Neymar was given a shock farewell back in the summer of 2023 by the head coach Luis Enrique. The Parisians were set to embark on a new project under the Spaniard, which would focus on utilising youth prospects rather than spend lumpsums on star players.
Arsenal have announced that former Rangers winger Archie Stevens is now a Gunners player, with the promising forward signing a professional contract with the Premier League giants. The talented teenager saw his time in Scotland brought to a close when walking away from Ibrox upon the expiration of his deal in Glasgow over the summer - making him a free agent.
Describing Roberto Baggio to those who did not experience him is a sort of generational challenge, an arduous attempt at conveying something that is too difficult to explain in words. But we will try - because Roberto Baggio was, especially for Italians, a symbol, a standard-bearer, an icon and an emotion.
The mayor of Milan, Beppe Sala, has announced that an agreement has been reached with Inter and AC Milan for the sale of San Siro. However, the mayor has warned the two Milan-based outfits that the new stadium "must be ready by 2031 for the European Championship." Per reports earlier this year, the new stadium will be constructed adjacent to San Siro and will require over €1 billion.
Julian Alvarez has been left out of Atletico Madrid's squad to face Liverpool in their Champions League opener, with USMNT midfielder Johnny Cardoso also missing due to an injury. Alvarez has been a mainstay in Diego Simeone's side since completing his move to the Spanish club from Manchester City in 2024, and has two goal contributions to his name from four appearances so far this season.
Alvaro Morata has slammed the match officials for the Como vs Genoa game for not having a look at VAR before sending off former Real Madrid defender Jacobo Ramon. The marching orders for the Spaniard played a crucial role in the outcome of the fixture, as Como shared the spoils in a 1-1 draw against Patrick Vieira's team on Monday.
Liverpool have been told that they have “one hell of a player” on their hands in Federico Chiesa, with the Reds yet to see the Italian forward’s “true qualities”. The European Championship winner was heavily linked with a move elsewhere in the summer transfer window, but the deadline passed with no deal done and he remains part of Arne Slot’s plans at Anfield.
Como head coach Cesc Fabregas urged patience after his side were held to a late 1-1 draw against Genoa, stressing that his squad are still young and developing. Despite Alvaro Morata and Sergi Roberto being the only experienced winners, the Spaniard believes the project is on the right path as Como look to continue their climb up Serie A.