Barcelona and Spain star Lamine Yamal has signed a partnership with American Eagle that will make him a global ambassador for the clothing brand. The deal sees Yamal become American Eagle's first major investment in sports. The 18-year-old Barcelona attacker has signed a five-year partnership with the clothing brand that will kick off this summer.
Roberto De Zerbi has broken his silence on speculation he's a potential candidate to become the next permanent Manchester United head coach following Ruben Amorim's sacking. Former midfielder Michael Carrick has been appointed on a caretaker basis until the end of the 2025-26 season while the Red Devils continue to search for a permanent replacement for Amorim.
Liam Rosenior has confirmed that the virus sweeping through the Chelsea squad has claimed yet another victim. The Blues have seen several players ruled out due to illness over the last week and it continues to be an issue for the new Chelsea head coach as he prepares to take charge of his team in the Champions League for the first time on Wednesday night at Stamford Bridge.
Liverpool have made a big decision on talisman Mohamed Salah ahead of Wednesday's Champions League tie in France against Marseille. The Egypt international is available for selection once again after returning from the Africa Cup of Nations. Salah's Egypt finished in fourth place at the tournament and the 33-year-old has now returned to the Merseyside club.
Hansi Flick has been dealt a fresh injury blow ahead of Barcelona's critical Champions League trip to Slavia Prague, with Ferran Torres ruled out for approximately 10 days with a hamstring issue. The Spaniard joins the suspended Lamine Yamal on the sidelines, leaving the Catalans short in attack. However, there is positive news for the Blaugrana as Raphinha returns to the squad, providing a timely boost as the club chases a top-eight finish to avoid the dreaded play-off round.
Manchester United have reportedly contacted Borussia Dortmund boss Niko Kovac as they explore potential long-term successors in the dugout. The 54-year-old, who famously rejected Tottenham Hotspur years ago, is understood to be high on the Red Devils' shortlist. With close links to United executive Christopher Vivell, the Bundesliga manager is said to be open to a future Premier League move.
"We’ve known Jobe [Bellingham] for several years, and of course we have followed his progress very closely. He has taken another huge step forward in his development over the last year, and even at the age of 19 he has become a real leader," Borussia Dortmund sporting director Sebastian Kehl said after Bellingham's £28 million ($37m) transfer from Sunderland in June. "His commanding presence in central midfield is remarkable, and he will improve our team in various systems."
Erling Haaland has already conquered most Champions League records, but Manchester City's trip to Bodo/Glimt on Tuesday offers him a chance to break new ground by becoming the first Norwegian player to score against a Norwegian team in the competition's history. Even though Bodo is a 24-hour drive from Haaland's hometown of Bryn and way up in the Arctic circle, this is still a homecoming for the nation's most famous athlete.
Before last season, very few casual fans would have been aware of Pafos FC's existence. The Cypriot outfit played in Europe for the first time in their 11-year history, reaching the last 16 of the Conference League, and followed up that impressive run by clinching their maiden league title. The latter achievement earned Pafos a spot in the Champions League qualifying rounds, and helped attract one of the most famous footballers of his generation.
As the Champions League picks back up again, GOAL's writers look at the state of the competition and make some big predictions as the group phase draws to a close.
Kylian Mbappe has sought to defend Real Madrid team-mates Vinicius Junior and Jude Bellingham from the brutal boos that have come their way. Restless natives at the Bernabeu took to jeering their own players during a La Liga clash with Levante, with certain individuals considered to have contributed to club legend Xabi Alonso losing his job as manager.
Thomas Frank remains under intense pressure at Tottenham, but the Dane is reportedly set to remain at the helm for a Champions League clash with Borussia Dortmund on Tuesday. Disgruntled supporters have aired their frustration at recent performances, leading to uncomfortable questions being asked of the man in the dugout, but Spurs bosses have no immediate plans to pull the trigger.
While effectively ruling himself out of the running to take over at Real Madrid, Jurgen Klopp pointed out that "the coaching market is being reshuffled" right now - because Xabi Alonso isn't the only manager to lose his job at an elite European club since the turn of the year. On January 1, less than six months after lifting the Club World Cup, Enzo Maresca was fired by Chelsea after publicly criticising his employers. Just four days later, Manchester United also got rid of Ruben Amorim for speaking out of turn.
Liverpool will have to wait a little while longer to welcome Mohamed Salah back at Anfield despite Egypt's Africa Cup of Nations exit at the hands of Senegal. The Pharoahs suffered semi-final heartbreak in Morocco on Wednesday night as Salah's former Reds co-star Sadio Mane fired home a clinical late winner to send his country to the final.
Front Three content creators Jules, Ali and DSK go head-to-head as they each build a team full of players who have never got their hands on the Champions League trophy. Watch the full video above and let us know who you think has the best XI!