The futures of Eugene Galekovic, Marcelo Carrusca and Sergio Cirio will be decided on Thursday, with Adelaide United chairman Greg Griffin rejecting accusations the club is in turmoil.
In a wide-ranging press conference on Wednesday, Griffin claimed Adelaide "have more players signed than virtually every other A-League club" for 2017-18 and that departing coach Guillermo Amor was always his first choice for next season.
Griffin revealed that captain Galekovic, who has played over 250 games for Adelaide, will meet with the Reds' general manager of football Ante Kovacevic on Thursday to discuss whether he stays or goes.
Adelaide fans hold up a banner in Round 27 of the A-League
The veteran goalkeeper is expected to leave Adelaide after almost a decade with the Reds, with former understudy Paul Izzo having returned to the club from Central Coast Mariners.
Adelaide's chairman argued it had always been Kovacevic's plan to meet with each player out of contract after the club's awards night, which was held on Wednesday, with Isaias winning the Aurelio Vidmar Medal as the Reds' best player.
Isaias, Adelaide United
"He's like every player that's coming out of contract," Griffin told reporters.
"Every player in professional sport comes to the day when your contract expires, it either gets extended or it doesn't.
"Eugene is no different to Cirio, he's no different to Jordan Elsey and we treat all the players the same."
According to Griffin, Galekovic wants to play on and reading between the lines it appears the 35-year-old will need to go elsewhere to do that.
"He has been given an indication of where the club sees it all going," Griffin said.
Eugene Galekovic, Adelaide United
Cirio has been widely linked with Central Coast Mariners, while it remains unclear where Carrusca could end up.
Other players out of contract include Dylan McGowan, Iacopo La Rocca, Baba Diawara and Kim Jae-sung.
Griffin also bristled when reminded of comments made by Tarek Elrich, with the Adelaide defender claiming the Reds have only "seven or eight players signed".
"Tarek is 100 per cent wrong," Adelaide's chairman said.
"We have 14 players signed and more players to be signed. We have more players signed than virtually every other A-League club. Tarek Elrich has made a statement to Fox [Sports] that has no foundation in fact, and I'll be addressing that with Tarek when I see him."
The past couple of months have seen the likes of Fernando Morientes, Stuart Pearce and Gabriel Batistuta named as possible replacements for Amor, but Griffin insisted the Reds "haven't commenced any dealings".
A report in the Adelaide Advertiser has claimed Adelaide are on the verge of securing Batistuta as their next manager despite the ex-Fiorentina and Argentina striker having never worked as a head coach before.
"There has been a contingency plan but a contingency plan that hasn't been really developed or followed because literally we've been awaiting the decision of Guillermo," Griffin said.
"Obviously, the last month of speculation there's been a Melbourne Cup field of candidates that has put themselves forward but we haven't commenced any dealings with them.
"But now, of course, our obligation is to get a senior and experienced coach in place prior to the commencement of [pre-season]."
Adelaide won the A-League premiership-championship double in 2015-16, but lost a large group of key players following that success and struggled throughout 2016-17 as they finished ninth and failed to progress beyond the group stage of the AFC Champions League.