Are you 24 or older?

Help us verify your age by providing an honest response. This site contains gambling advertising for 24+.

Age-restricted content

You’re not old enough to view betting content. You’ll be redirected to the homepage.

alt
+18 | Commercial Content | T&C's Apply | Play Responsibly | Publishing Principles
Atletico Madrid

Atletico Madrid news

FBL-EUR-C1-ATLETICO MADRID-TRAINING

Alvarez open to Arsenal transfer despite initial Barcelona dream

Julian Alvarez is reportedly open to joining Arsenal this summer despite holding significant reservations about returning to England. The forward has previously viewed Barcelona as his dream destination, but with the Catalan club stepping back, he is now seriously considering a move to North London as the transfer window approaches its crucial final days.

imago-sport-1080911901.jpg

Atletico fans stage angry training ground protests against Alvarez

Furious Atletico Madrid supporters have staged angry protests at the club's training ground targeting Julian Alvarez following his push to join Barcelona this summer. Banners demanding the Argentine's departure were displayed after hostile chants echoed during their La Liga opener, leaving the forward's relationship with the fanbase in tatters.

Julian Alvarez Arsenal crest

Atletico AGREE to sell Alvarez to Arsenal but striker says NO

Atletico Madrid have reportedly reached a breakthrough in negotiations with Arsenal over the sale of Julian Alvarez, but the move faces a significant hurdle from the player himself. Despite the clubs finding common ground, the World Cup winner is said to be blocking the switch to North London as he holds out for a move to Barcelona.

Nicolas Jackson

Atleti rival Villa for Jackson

Atletico Madrid have intensified their search for attacking reinforcements by launching a move for Chelsea striker Nicolas Jackson. The Senegal international, who previously excelled in La Liga with Villarreal, has emerged as a primary target for Diego Simeone's side as they look to bolster their frontline.

FBL-ESP-LIGA-ATLETICO MADRID-MALAGA

Simeone praises substitutes as Atletico beat Malaga in La Liga opener

Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone hailed the decisive impact of his bench after second-half substitutes Lee Kang-in and Alex Baena inspired a 2-0 win against Malaga. The duo struck sensational goals after the break to secure all three points in their La Liga opener at the Metropolitano, overcoming a sluggish first-half performance on Wednesday.

Atletico de Madrid v Tottenham Hotspur FC - UEFA Champions League 2025/26 Round of 16 First Leg

Simeone explains Alvarez absence during Atletico Madrid victory

Julian Alvarez was entirely left out of the Atletico Madrid squad for their opening La Liga fixture against Malaga on Wednesday. The high-profile omission comes amid intense speculation linking the Argentine with a move to Barcelona, despite Diego Simeone insisting the forward simply needs more time to train following his recent international commitments with Argentina.