- Skriniar signed pre-contract for this summer
- PSG looking get him in sooner
- Need cover with Kimpembe injured
WHAT HAPPENED? The Inter centre-back is set to join the Ligue 1 leaders in June after penning a contract. But the club will reportedly try to secure Skriniar's signature before then, hoping to convince Inter to sell their star man in the next few days, according to Fabrizio Romano.
Inter are reluctant to sell before the winter window closes, holding out for a €20 million ($22m/£17.5m) offer. Skriniar reportedly agreed on personal terms with PSG last summer, but Inter blocked any potential move.
THE BIGGER PICTURE: PSG find themselves shorthanded at centre-back, with Presenel Kimpembe out and Danilo Pereira struggling for form.
IN THREE PHOTOS:GettyGettyGetty Images
WHAT NEXT FOR SKRINIAR? The centre-back appears set for PSG this summer, but may well make a move before if the French club are willing to pay up.
- Given Msimango: Everything you need to know about Chiefs new boy & Pirates transfer target
- 'Broos like Pitso, but should resign if Bafana lose'
- What Msimango, Ditlhokwe arrivals mean for Mathoho & co
- 'Zwane was worse than Tau, only Pitso can save us now'
- PSL Transfers: Burnley to battle Downs for Percy Tau