Are you 24 or older?

Help us verify your age by providing an honest response. This site contains gambling advertising for 24+.

Age-restricted content

You’re not old enough to view betting content. You’ll be redirected to the homepage.

alt
Atletico Madrid

Atletico Madrid news

Julian Alvarez Arsenal crest

Atletico AGREE to sell Alvarez to Arsenal but striker says NO

Atletico Madrid have reportedly reached a breakthrough in negotiations with Arsenal over the sale of Julian Alvarez, but the move faces a significant hurdle from the player himself. Despite the clubs finding common ground, the World Cup winner is said to be blocking the switch to North London as he holds out for a move to Barcelona.

Nicolas Jackson

Atleti rival Villa for Jackson

Atletico Madrid have intensified their search for attacking reinforcements by launching a move for Chelsea striker Nicolas Jackson. The Senegal international, who previously excelled in La Liga with Villarreal, has emerged as a primary target for Diego Simeone's side as they look to bolster their frontline.

FBL-ESP-LIGA-ATLETICO MADRID-MALAGA

Simeone praises substitutes as Atletico beat Malaga in La Liga opener

Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone hailed the decisive impact of his bench after second-half substitutes Lee Kang-in and Alex Baena inspired a 2-0 win against Malaga. The duo struck sensational goals after the break to secure all three points in their La Liga opener at the Metropolitano, overcoming a sluggish first-half performance on Wednesday.

Atletico de Madrid v Tottenham Hotspur FC - UEFA Champions League 2025/26 Round of 16 First Leg

Simeone explains Alvarez absence during Atletico Madrid victory

Julian Alvarez was entirely left out of the Atletico Madrid squad for their opening La Liga fixture against Malaga on Wednesday. The high-profile omission comes amid intense speculation linking the Argentine with a move to Barcelona, despite Diego Simeone insisting the forward simply needs more time to train following his recent international commitments with Argentina.

Atletico de Madrid v FC Barcelona - Copa Del Rey

Simeone clarifies Alvarez future as Barca & Arsenal circle

Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone has provided a significant update on the future of Julian Alvarez as transfer speculation continues to swirl around the Argentine forward. The 26-year-old has emerged as a high-profile target for both Arsenal and Barcelona during the closing stages of the summer window.

FBL-ESP-LIGA-ATLETICO MADRID-RAYO VALLECANO

Alvarez holds Simeone talks as Atleti refuse sale

The ongoing uncertainty surrounding Julian Alvarez's future at Atletico Madrid has taken a significant turn following a face-to-face meeting between the striker and manager Diego Simeone. As the summer transfer window enters its final stages, the Argentine forward sought to clarify his position during a private discussion at the club's Majadahonda training base.

Julian Alvarez

Alvarez returns to Atleti medicals

Julian Alvarez has officially returned to Atletico Madrid to begin his pre-season preparations following an extended break. The Argentine forward was joined by fellow internationals as Diego Simeone’s squad begins to take its final shape ahead of the upcoming campaign. While the focus remains on the pitch, speculation regarding the striker's long-term future at the Metropolitano continues to simmer in the background.

Julian Alvarez Atletico Madrid 2025-26

Simeone sends message to Arsenal & Barca over Alvarez transfer links

Diego Simeone has sent a defiant message to Julian Alvarez’s suitors, insisting that Atletico Madrid have no intention of sanctioning a sale for the unsettled forward this summer. The Argentine striker has been the subject of intense interest from both Arsenal and Barcelona after expressing a desire to leave the Metropolitano to fulfill his professional dreams.

Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - Premier League

Atletico Madrid open talks for Tottenham captain Cristian Romero

Atletico Madrid have initiated negotiations to sign Tottenham Hotspur captain Cristian Romero as Diego Simeone seeks to reinforce his defensive unit. The 28-year-old Argentina international is widely expected to depart North London during the summer transfer window despite having signed a four-year contract extension at the club just last August.