Thriller in Ipoh, N9 win relegation six-pointer

Four matches on Saturday night saw 13 goals scored across four venues with two home and two away wins recorded.

The Bos Gaurus almost suffered their second defeat in as many matches but managed to eventually turned a 1-3 deficit into a 4-3 win. Facing their counterpart from PKNP FC at Perak Stadium, Perak had a great start when Nor Hakim Hassan opened the scoring in the 8th minute.

But underdogs PKNP were undeterred and found their equaliser through Franklin Anzite in the 33rd minute of the first half. What transpired next was incredible as the visitors found themselves ahead through two quickfire goals from Syamin Baharuddin and Norhakim Isa. 

Yet that was not the end of the story as Perak fought their way back to not only save a point but to win it right at the death. Nasir Basharuddin pulled one back before Wander Luiz's effort in the 84th minute made it 3-3. In the fifth minute of added time, Gilmar Filho converted a penalty kick to settle the ding-dong match.

Over at Sultan Ismail Nasiruddin Shah Stadium, Terengganu FC secured their second straight 1-0 win, this time over Melaka United. Irfan Bakti's men had Ashari Samsudin to thank after his strike in the 69th minute was all that was needed to end E. Elavarasan's unbeatean start to his new Melaka journey.

The win keeps TFC in fourth place in the Super League standings, level on points with Pahang. Meanwhile for Melaka, the defeat puts a spanner in the works for the team who are fighting to starve off relegation, stayed in 10th place, one above the drop zone.

At the KLFA Stadium in Cheras, Kedah who had earlier in the season lost at the same venue to Kuala Lumpur, defeated Selangor 1-2 despite a late surge from the home side in the second half. The Red Eagles are one of the three clubs between third to fifth who are tied on 21 points.

Baddrol Bakhtiar opened the scoring in the first half before Liridon Krasniqi doubled their lead by the 52nd minute. Kedah were comfortable in defending the two-goal lead but did just about hung on in the end after Syahmi Safari pulled one back for the Red Giants in the 71st minute.

Meanwhile at Tunku Abdul Rahman Stadium in Paroi, host Kelantan continued to stutter after they slumped to their eight defeat of the 2018 season. Bottom place Negeri Sembilan took advantage of the rearranged venue to claim a vital win that sees them draw level on points with the team they beat.

New import signings Alex Moraes and Angel Guirado both scored in the first half as The Jangs secure what is only their second win of the season in the league. For the beleaguered Fajer Ibrahim, this is another big knock on his side after the midweek humiliation they suffered at the hands of Kuala Lumpur.