Mike Magee has warmed to his new home, the Fire, scoring two goals and assisting on another in his first two games with Chicago.
|Chicago Fire (4-4-2): Johnson; Anibaba, Berry, Soumare, Segares; Nyarko, Alex, Larentowicz, Lindpere; Magee, Rolfe.
OUT: Arne Friedrich (hip tightness), Steven Kinney (R quad strain)
QUESTIONABLE: Logan Pause (L groin tightness)
|Portland Timbers (4-3-3): Kocic; Jewsbury, Jean-Baptiste, Kah, Harrington; Nagbe, W. Johnson, Chara; Valencia, Piquionne, Alhassan.
OUT: Bright Dike (ACL surgery), David Horst (R tibia plateau surgery), Brent Richards (L ACL surgery), Mikael Silvestre (ACL surgery)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- The Timbers have won all three MLS meetings with the Fire.
- Portland, coming off a bye week, hasn't lost in 11 games, a club record. It sits third in the West.
- Chicago overcame a four-game winless run by beating D.C. United 2-0 last week. The Fire are eighth in the East.
- Since joining the Fire, Mike Magee has two goals and an assist in two games.
- Fredéric Piquionne scored four goals against Wilmington, becoming the 11th player to score that many in the U.S. Open Cup since 1995.
- The Timbers' starting XI is hit hard by international commitments, with goalkeeper Donovan Ricketts (Jamaica), wide forward Rodney Wallace (Costa Rica) and center back Futty Danso (Gambia) all unavailable for the match.