Luis Diaz paid tribute to Diogo Jota after scoring for Bayern Munich in Saturday's German Super Cup win over Stuttgart, with Harry Kane also chiming in.
Newcastle United manager Eddie Howe has requested that the club resolve Alexander Isak's situation soon, while backing fans' right to boo the wantaway striker. The Magpies fans were heard hurling an X-rated chant at Isak at Villa Park at full-time after the team's Premier League opener against Aston Villa. Isak is determined to move out of Newcastle this summer and sign for Liverpool.
Newcastle Unitedâs hunt for a new frontman has swung dramatically back to Paris-Saint Germain striker Goncalo Ramos, with reports revealing that the 24-year-old has resurfaced as a genuine option at St. Jamesâ Park. Earlier this month, the Portugal international was brushed aside as an unlikely target after initial probes suggested PSG were unwilling to budge.
The Reds boss praised the Bournemouth forward after his two-goal showing at Anfield and said he felt similar emotions to a tearful Mohamed Salah at the end of the 4-2 win
Federico Chiesa claimed that he is happy at Liverpool after his goal scoring heroics against Bournemouth at Anfield. The Italian forward, once dismissed as a fading star, finally announced himself in England with a decisive strike in the Redsâ chaotic 4-2 victory over Bournemouth.
Jamie Carragher has made a surprising claim against Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta, insisting the Spaniard "definitely stole" Martin Zubimendi away from Liverpool. The ex-Real Sociedad midfielder, who had been on the Redsâ radar for over a year, shocked many by snubbing Merseyside in favour of a blockbuster ÂŁ51 million ($69m) switch to the Emirates this summer.
Arne Slot says he "would have loved" to have brought on Diogo Jota in a heartbreaking admission following Liverpool's dramatic 4-2 win over Bournemouth on Friday.
Hugo Ekitike announced himself to the Premier League in spectacular fashion, becoming only the second player in Liverpoolâs history to mark his league debut with both a goal and an assist. The summer arrival from Eintracht Frankfurt had already opened his Reds account in the Community Shield last week, but under the Anfield lights on Friday night, he proved he was ready to deliver on the biggest stage.
Merseyside Police are investigating an allegation that Bournemouth's Antoine Semenyo was racially abused in an incident which marred an emotional night of tributes to the late Diogo Jota.
Bournemouth captain Adam Smith has responded to the alleged racist abuse aimed at his team-mate Antoine Semenyo during the 4-2 defeat to Liverpool at Anfield. The game, which was marked by tributes to the late Diogo Jota, had to be stopped by referee Anthony Taylor in the 28th minute after Semenyo reported being abused.
Mohamed Salah was moved to tears as Liverpool fans paid an emotional tribute to the late Diogo Jota following their 4-2 win over Bournemouth on Friday.
Federico Chiesa dedicated his dramatic goal in Liverpool's 4-2 victory over Bournemouth on the opening day of the Premier League season to the late Diogo Jota.
Anfield came together in an emotional show of unity as Liverpool and Bournemouth fans paid a powerful tribute to the late Diogo Jota during the Premier League season opener. In the 20th minute, the stadium erupted into applause, with scarves and shirts held aloft, while a deafening rendition of 'Youâll Never Walk Alone' echoed in memory of the Portuguese forward and his brother, Andre Silva.
The Premier League is back and so are the controversies as Liverpool had an early handball appeal turned down by Anthony Taylor despite Bournemouth defender Marcos Senesi appearing to deliberately palm the ball away from Hugo Ekitike as he looked to break through on goal. Fans are now raging at the incompetence of VAR with claims that the Argentine should have been sent off.