Enzo Fernandez has cast a massive shadow over his Chelsea future following the club's demoralising Champions League exit at the hands of Paris Saint-Germain. The Argentine midfielder, who arrived at Stamford Bridge for a then-record fee, refused to guarantee he would remain in west London beyond the current campaign.
Internal tensions boiled over at the Parc des Princes as Enzo Fernandez took aim at team-mate Filip Jorgensen during a night of Champions League chaos. The Argentine midfielder was left fuming after the goalkeeper's distribution errors gifted PSG a commanding lead.
Chelsea face a significant battle to retain midfield maestro Enzo Fernandez if they fail to qualify for next season's Champions League. Despite holding a massive long-term contract at Stamford Bridge, the Argentine World Cup winner is reportedly attracting serious interest from European heavyweights Paris Saint-Germain, who are closely monitoring his situation in London.
Enzo Fernandez has been advised to ignore any Frank Lampard comparisons at Chelsea and focus on âdominatingâ games in his own way. Ex-Blues star Frank Sinclair has told GOAL why it would be foolish for the World Cup-winning Argentine at Stamford Bridge to try and model his game on a great of the past - as those exploits will never be replicated.
Chelsea midfielder Enzo Fernandez has revealed how he has been inspired by Frank Lampard. The Argentina international has ramped up his goal output this season for the Blues and has revealed he has been watching videos of the former midfielder and learning plenty from the club legend. Lampard remains Chelsea's all-time top scorer after netting 211 goals for the club during his 648 appearances.
Enzo Fernandez has hailed manager Liam Rosenior's impact since becoming Chelsea manager, with the Argentina midfielder hailing a new-found freedom in attack. The Blues currently sit fifth in the Premier League table, just one point behind fourth-placed Manchester United.
Chelsea recovered to win a Premier League match from two goals down for the first time in their history as Enzo Fernandez's strike in stoppage time broke West Ham hearts in a dramatic 3-2 victory for the hosts at Stamford Bridge. The Blues recovered from a woeful opening 45 minutes to cancel out Jarrod Bowen and Crysencio Summerville's first-half strikes and hand manager Liam Rosenior a sixth win from his opening seven games in charge.
Enzo Fernandez is reportedly among a group of Chelsea players who feel their recent performances should prompt fresh talks about a new contract. The Argentine has been linked with interest from Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain but he still has more than six years on his current deal. Blues boss Liam Rosenior is keen to retain the midfielder but whether he stays at the club next season remains to be seen.
Three years on from his seismic arrival at Chelsea after one of the most dramatic transfer sagas in recent memory, Enzo Fernandez is facing an uncertain future at Stamford Bridge. Supposedly growing disillusioned with life under BlueCo, the midfielder has been linked with some of Europe's biggest clubs - and his current employers are said to be willing to do business.
Liam Rosenior has confirmed that the virus sweeping through the Chelsea squad has claimed yet another victim. The Blues have seen several players ruled out due to illness over the last week and it continues to be an issue for the new Chelsea head coach as he prepares to take charge of his team in the Champions League for the first time on Wednesday night at Stamford Bridge.
Chelsea manager Liam Rosenior has addressed rumours that star midfielder Enzo Fernandez has attracted interest from both Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain. Speculation has emerged that the Blues could be willing to sanction the sale of their World Cup-winning midfielder if the right offer comes along, with the two clubs believed to be keen on the Argentina star.
Chelsea have softened their stance on Enzo Fernandez, with reports indicating the Blues are willing to sanction a blockbuster exit in 2026 for the 'right price'. Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain are now on red alert, preparing to test the waters for the World Cup winner as they look to capitalise on this unexpected development at Stamford Bridge.
Enzo Fernandez has explained how Lionel Messi is allowing him to live out a âPlayStationâ dream. The Argentine midfielder looked up to an iconic countryman when seeking to forge his own professional career. Fernandez could never have imagined at that point what the future would have in store - with World Cup glory being savoured alongside Messi at Qatar 2022.
Enzo Fernandez is reporting âconsidering his futureâ at Chelsea following the departure of Enzo Maresca as manager. The Blues took the decision to part with the Italian tactician on New Yearâs Day, with Liam Rosenior now calling the shots at Stamford Bridge. It is being suggested that World Cup winner Fernandez could be lured away from west London, with Paris Saint-Germain among his many suitors.
Chelsea interim boss Calum McFarlane admits that Enzo Marescaâs sudden sacking on New Yearâs Day caused âshockâ in the Bluesâ dressing room. Everyone at Stamford Bridge has, however, realigned their focus as it remains important to avoid any distractions. Senior stars in west London, such as captain Reece James, are being credited with âdragging the group togetherâ.
It has not been a happy New Year for Manchester City. Pep Guardiola's side ended 2025 on Arsenal's coat tails at the top of the Premier League, but 2026 got off to a frustrating start as they drew at Sunderland to slip four points behind the Gunners. And after a brilliant performance against Chelsea ended with another frustrating draw on Sunday, City are now six points off the pace and two centre-backs down.