Bruno Fernandes has been warned off a move to Barcelona that would see him link up with Lamine Yamal and Pedri. The Manchester United captain continues to see a transfer in 2026 speculated on, with leading teams in Europe and Saudi Arabia said to be monitoring his situation. Pedro Mendes has told his fellow Portuguese why a switch to Camp Nou would be the wrong choice.
Mohamed Salah has, as he generates plenty of headlines at Liverpool, been nominated for a top award that has previously been won by Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Erling Haaland. The Egyptian superstar, who is facing questions of his future at Anfield, is one of the nominees for a prize that will be handed out at the 2025 BBC Sports Personality of the Year gala.
Marc-Andre ter Stegen has finally been included in the Barcelona matchday squad for their Champions League clash against Eintracht Frankfurt, marking the end of a nightmare seven-month exile that has been plagued by a serious injury and intense speculation regarding a behind-the-scenes conflict with the club's hierarchy over his long-term future.
Lionesses and Tottenham Women's star Jessica Naz has been ruled out for the remainder of the season after suffering a devastating ACL injury - the second of her career. The 25-year-old limped off during Spurs’ Women’s Super League victory over Aston Villa on Sunday, and scans confirmed a rupture in the anterior cruciate ligament of her right knee.
In 1969, at the age of 23, George Best wanted to focus solely on the essentials. Just football, just his job. So he turned his back on his two other great passions, alcohol and women. His sobering conclusion: "It was the worst 20 minutes of my life." A Manchester United legend, that quote sums up Bet's rebellious attitude towards football, and life in general.
Fabio Capello has delivered a damning verdict on Juventus' tactical failure against Napoli, suggesting that Luciano Spalletti’s side played with fear against Antonio Conte’s high-flying team. The Bianconeri were simply unable to cope with the "speed and pressure" imposed by the hosts during a damaging defeat that may prove key in the Serie A title race, the ex-England manager argued.
Benjamin Sesko’s agent has delivered an update on the injured Manchester United striker, as he prepares to rejoin the fold at Old Trafford, while backing Ruben Amorim to deliver a Premier League title challenge. The Red Devils remain a work in progress for now, but £74 million ($99m) frontman Sesko forms part of ambitious short and long-term plans.
Paul Scholes believes Arsenal’s title bid will falter once again unless Mikel Arteta finds a way to improve his team's record in the Premier League’s biggest fixtures. The former Manchester United midfielder issued a pointed critique after Arsenal were beaten in agonising fashion by Aston Villa on Saturday, leaving their position at the top of the table looking increasingly fragile.
Barcelona legend Gerard Pique has singled out Marcus Rashford as the biggest surprise in La Liga so far this season following his move from Manchester United, though the former defender admitted that Real Madrid superstar Kylian Mbappe is currently operating "on another level" compared to the rest of the competition. The Frenchman has made a blistering start to the campaign in Spain, averaging a goal a game for Xabi Alonso's team.
Things haven't been easy for Manchester United as of late. The Red Devils went into Sunday's clash with West Ham having lost three of their last four games in all competitions, a run that has seen them fall well behind the pace in the Women's Super League title race and weakened their incredibly strong position in the Champions League, ahead of two very tough final games in the league phase, starting with the hosting of eight-time winners Lyon on Wednesday. The return of Phallon Tullis-Joyce, then, could not have been better timed.
Adrien Rabiot has hailed his stunning strike against Torino as the "play that changed the game," sparking a dramatic AC Milan comeback that saw Christian Pulisic score twice to seal a 3-2 victory and send the Rossoneri back to the summit of Serie A.
Lionel Messi is considered to be “better than ever” as questions continue to be asked of his participation at the 2026 World Cup. The Argentine superstar is yet to confirm his involvement, but the door will always be left open for him. Ariel Ortega sees no reason why the eight-time Ballon d’Or winner cannot form part of a global title defence, with any fears regarding his presence in MLS being calmed.
Ruben Amorim has revealed that a blunt and emotionally charged half-time team talk was the catalyst for Manchester United’s much-needed 4-1 victory at Molineux on Monday night, after his side briefly flirted with embarrassment against struggling Wolves. The two teams went in level at the break, but the Red Devils fired in three goals in the second half to walk away with all three points.
Real Madrid manager Xabi Alonso has left the door open to a potential future move to Liverpool, admitting that while he is focused on his current role, "you never know what can happen" in football, amid intense speculation linking him with a return to Anfield. The coach's response comes amid claims he is in danger of being sacked, while questions have been asked of Arne Slot's future at the Merseyside club.
Kylian Mbappe is in danger of missing Real Madrid's massive Champions League clash with Manchester City due to an injury to his left leg. The French striker was absent from Los Blancos' open training session the day before the game against Pep Guardiola's side at the Santiago Bernabeu, handing yet another headache to under-pressure Real coach Xabi Alonso.
Liverpool fans have flooded Mohamed Salah’s first social media post since his explosive interview in which he accused the Reds of throwing him under the bus during what has become a testing season for everybody at Anfield. The Egyptian also claims that his relationship with Arne Slot has broken down. Supporters have urged him not to make things “personal” and risk tarnishing his legacy.
Real Madrid manager Xabi Alonso has issued a defiant rallying cry ahead of his side’s crunch Champions League clash with Manchester City, insisting that the mood in the camp has shifted from anger to determination following the chaotic weekend defeat to Celta Vigo. The coach insists his side are "eager" to recover their form amid reports he could be sacked if they fail to win.
Manchester United captain Bruno Fernandes has joined Liverpool superstar Mohamed Salah and former Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas in an exclusive Premier League club. The Portuguese playmaker remains a talismanic presence for the Red Devils, with his match-altering ability on full display once again as Ruben Amorim’s side picked up three priceless points at Wolves.
German football legend Lothar Matthaus has issued a stark warning to Xabi Alonso, suggesting that Real Madrid superstars Jude Bellingham and Vinicius Junior may struggle to adapt to his rigid tactical demands after years of "freedom" under Carlo Ancelotti. The Spanish side's recent struggles have sparked claims the coach could be sacked, with his damaged relationship with the Brazilian a major point of contention.
Alejandro Garnacho has described his £40 million ($53m) transfer to Chelsea as a "step forward" while insisting he has no regrets about the acrimonious end to his Manchester United career. The 21-year-old, who was once regarded as one of the brightest prospects at Old Trafford, was allowed to leave in August after falling out of favour under head coach Ruben Amorim.
Former Arsenal star Nicolas Pepe has used a Dragon Ball Z analogy to explain the GOAT battle that continues to rage between Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi. The Portuguese superstar is considered to be Vegeta to Messi’s Goku, with Pepe claiming that the eight-time Ballon d’Or-winning Argentine “slaps everyone” when it comes to the greatest of all-time debate.
Barcelona's pursuit of Borussia Dortmund defender Nico Schlotterbeck has reportedly hit a stumbling block as the German international appears to favour a future move to Real Madrid or Bayern Munich, while internal doubts among the Catalan hierarchy have seen them hesitate to sanction a formal approach despite manager Hansi Flick's strong connection to the player.
Jurgen Klopp has reportedly emerged as a potential successor to Xabi Alonso at Real Madrid after the club’s disastrous 2-0 defeat to Celta Vigo. The German, who stepped away from frontline management after leaving Liverpool and now works as Red Bull’s global head of football, is reportedly one of two names under consideration to replace Alonso as Real Madrid weigh their options in what has rapidly become a full-blown crisis.
Next summer’s tournament in the United States, Canada and Mexico will be the first with an expanded group stage, but could we see an extra country qualify?
Fifteen years ago, Manchester City were so enamoured with the all-conquering Barcelona that they sought to replicate the same structure. They began by hiring chief executive Ferran Soriano and sporting director Txiki Begiristain, before eventually landing Pep Guardiola to manage the team. All that was missing was Lionel Messi - though they nearly signed the eight-time Ballon d'Or winner at the very start of the Abu Dhabi-led project by mistake!
Alisha Lehmann was happy to “back her boys” when wading into a heated handball argument during the latest round of Baller League fixtures. The Swiss forward, who is plying her club trade in Italy for Como Women, has teamed up with Maya Jama again - the Love Island-presenting partner of Manchester City defender Ruben Dias - to oversee events at MVPs United.
England international Ivan Toney was led away in handcuffs after allegedly headbutting another reveller in a London nightclub. The 29-year-old striker, who now plays his club football in the Saudi Pro League for Al-Ahli, was looking to enjoy an evening out with friends during a visit to his homeland. He found himself caught up in an unfortunate incident that saw said festivities cut short.
Former Premier League boss Gus Poyet has quit his post at South Korean club Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors days after his assistant manager departed amid a racism scandal. Poyet, who guided Jeonbuk to both the K League 1 title and the Korea Cup this season, informed the club he wished to terminate his contract after Mauricio Taricco was handed a severe punishment for what league officials deemed a racist gesture towards referee Kim Woo-seong.
It's not every day that this version of Arsenal lose. In fact, Saturday's late 2-1 defeat at Aston Villa was just their second defeat of the 2025-26 season, following on from August's 1-0 loss at Liverpool, a result which hasn't aged well at all in glorious hindsight. There's still, however, a feeling that the Gunners are under increasing pressure to deliver this season more than any before under Mikel Arteta.
Neymar's second spell at Santos has, for the most part, been a disappointment. The injury problems that have plagued the Brazilian's career followed him back home, and as a result, he has been unable to build up any proper rhythm. He only featured in 20 of Santos' 38 Serie A games in the 2025 season, scoring eight goals, and is still waiting for a recall to the Brazil national team squad after a two-year absence.