Chelsea have been advised to brace themselves for Cole Palmer and Enzo Fernandez transfer bids, with Tony Dorigo telling GOAL that domestic and European rivals will be ready to test the Blues’ “resolve”. Failure to secure qualification for continental competition in 2026-27 will leave the Premier League heavyweights vulnerable to raids from afar, with key men already attracting admiring glances.
Sunderland have enjoyed a memorable first season back in the Premier League, but that has not stopped rumours of managerial change from surfacing - with Thomas Frank being linked with the Black Cats on the back of his surprising flop at Tottenham. Stadium of Light legend Michael Gray has addressed the “crazy” talk of change on Wearside during an exclusive interview with GOAL.
Jarrod Bowen is being tipped to make a huge transfer decision that will keep wife Dani and father-in-law Danny Dyer happy, with Glen Johnson telling GOAL why the England international is likely to remain at West Ham. Opportunities to leave have presented themselves to the goal-scoring winger, but personal and professional ties to the Hammers remain strong.
Chelsea have seen old adversaries Tottenham suffer a humbling fall from grace, but could the Blues find themselves on the same slippery slope in a season of three managers and potential failure to qualify for Europe? Blues legend Ruud Gullit hopes that fate can be avoided, with the Dutchman explaining to GOAL how Paris Saint-Germain need to be used as a source of inspiration.
U.S. Men's National Team midfielder Tanner Tessmann will miss the final two games of Lyon's Ligue 1 season after suffering a muscle injury, manager Paulo Fonseca revealed Friday. The injury comes just weeks ahead of the World Cup, with Tessmann widely expected to be in contention for a starting USMNT role this summer.
Manchester United will need to find a playmaking successor to Bruno Fernandes at some point and, amid links to Elliot Anderson, Rene Meulensteen has told GOAL that Nottingham Forest star Morgan Gibbs-White may be the man to tick that box. One raid on the City Ground for an England international midfielder is already being mooted, but should the Red Devils be eyeing a different target?
Robbie Keane would be a “great addition” for Celtic, Michael Gray has told GOAL, with the former Hoops loanee being backed to bring a coaching quality to Parkhead that any return for Ange Postecoglou would lack. The Old Firm giants find themselves back in the market for a new head coach, with a couple of familiar faces figuring prominently in collective thoughts.
Former Chelsea and Liverpool defender Glen Johnson has told GOAL why Xabi Alonso would be taking a big risk by agreeing to fill “the hottest seat in world football” at Stamford Bridge. With strong ties to Anfield, the World Cup winner is said to be in contention for a Premier League return in west London. Rafa Benitez has previously trodden that path, and proved how difficult it can be to win over supporters that will demand immediate results.
Liverpool manager Arne Slot has delivered a significant triple injury boost ahead of Saturday’s Premier League clash with Chelsea, confirming that Alexander Isak is set to return to the matchday squad. The Reds boss also moved to ease concerns surrounding Ibrahima Konate and Florian Wirtz after both players were notable absentees from training earlier this week.
Cristiano Ronaldo could grace the 2030 World Cup, former Manchester United coach Rene Meulensteen has told GOAL, as a home finals in Portugal are “not too far” away for the history-making GOAT. The Al-Nassr superstar may be 41 years of age, but the evergreen frontman has proved over the course of his remarkable career that anything is possible and he likes nothing more than making a mockery of biological and sporting logic.
Pep Guardiola has confirmed Manchester City are close to agreeing a new deal with Phil Foden while also expressing hope that Josko Gvardiol will extend his stay. Speaking ahead of the Premier League meeting with Brentford, the Catalan coach confirmed that while agreements are nearing completion, the final paperwork has yet to be signed.
Arsenal’s Premier League title ambitions have been hit by a significant setback with the news that Jurrien Timber may not feature again this season. The Dutch defender has been out of action for nearly two months, and his recovery timeline has proven far more complex than the club initially anticipated.
Bayern Munich head coach Vincent Kompany has offered a glowing assessment of Freiburg following their historic progression to the Europa League final. Despite his own side’s recent disappointment in European competition, the Belgian tactician insisted that their rivals represent a blueprint for success in the modern game.
Bournemouth have suspended defender Alex Jimenez from their Premier League clash with Fulham after social media posts allegedly showing messages with a minor surfaced online. The club confirmed the matter is under investigation and said the player will not be included in the matchday squad.
Real Madrid starlet Endrick has taken French football by storm, but it isn't just his prowess on the pitch that is making headlines. The teenage sensation recently stunned fans and media alike by conducting a full interview in fluent French, despite having only joined Lyon on loan just over four months ago.
Fulham find themselves in a state of limbo regarding the future of manager Marco Silva as interest from Chelsea continues to intensify. Despite a long-standing contract offer on the table, the Portuguese tactician is taking his time to evaluate his next move while the Blues consider him for their vacant head coach role.
Ismael Kone has addressed his past clash with Roberto De Zerbi, insisting their relationship is now on good terms despite their time together at Marseille ending in disaster. The Canada international admitted their disagreement came from differing football views but revealed the pair recently met in London to clear the air.
Bayern Munich have been dealt a fresh injury setback with the news that Alphonso Davies is set for another spell on the sidelines. Head coach Vincent Kompany confirmed the blow during his pre-match press conference ahead of the Bundesliga trip to Wolfsburg.
Diego Moreira hailed teammate Emanuel Emegha after the striker attempted to calm furious supporters following Strasbourg’s Conference League semi-final exit. Boos and insults echoed around Stade de la Meinau despite the club’s historic European run following their defeat to Spanish side Rayo Vallecano on home soil on Thursday.
Bayern Munich have officially confirmed their interest in Tornike Kvaratskhelia, the younger brother of Paris Saint-Germain superstar Khvicha. The 16-year-old prospect from Dinamo Tbilisi recently visited the German giants' campus to showcase his skills under the watchful eye of the club's coaching staff.
Bayern Munich’s European dreams ended in heartbreak as they were outclassed by Paris Saint-Germain across two legs of their Champions League semi-final. While the Bavarians have enjoyed domestic dominance, the defeat has prompted a scathing review of Vincent Kompany’s tactical approach and player selection on the highest stage.
Premier League legend Nicky Butt has warned Arsenal that Paris Saint-Germain will be almost impossible to beat when the two sides meet in the Champions League final later this month. Butt believes Mikel Arteta must consider dropping striker Viktor Gyokeres in favour of more pace to exploit the French champions' defensive vulnerabilities on the counter-attack.
Tijjani Reijnders could be heading back to Serie A just one year after joining Manchester City. The Dutch midfielder has fallen out of favour under Pep Guardiola, with Juventus monitoring his situation ahead of the summer transfer window.
Jean-Philippe Mateta has broken his silence on the collapse of his proposed move to AC Milan, admitting the failed transfer had a significant psychological impact on him. The Crystal Palace striker was on the verge of a high-profile switch to San Siro during the winter window before medical concerns brought negotiations to a halt.
Real Madrid have opened an extraordinary disciplinary investigation into Federico Valverde and Aurelien Tchouameni following a violent training ground altercation that resulted in the Uruguayan being hospitalised with a head injury. Both players now face severe internal sanctions, including a total suspension from employment and a significant deduction of salary.
Borussia Dortmund have finalised a clean break with long-serving sporting director Sebastian Kehl, reaching a mutual agreement to terminate his contract effective immediately. The move leaves head coach Niko Kovac without a key boardroom ally as the club undergoes a significant structural shift ahead of their final home match of the season.
Lothar Matthaus has urged Vincent Kompany to stick with his attacking philosophy despite Bayern Munich’s elimination from the Champions League by Paris Saint-Germain. The German icon believes Bayern’s entertaining style should not change despite defensive concerns exposed by their 6-5 aggregate defeat in the semi-finals.