Nico Schlotterbeck has admitted he is in no rush to sign a new Borussia Dortmund contract, saying he will “see where it leads”, as Bayern Munich and Real Madrid monitor the defender’s situation. Dortmund want him tied down until 2030, but fresh doubts over his long-term plans have reopened transfer speculation.
Borussia Dortmund boss Niko Kovac has leapt to the defence of his summer signing Jobe Bellingham after a costly mistake from the Englishman allowed Bayern Munich to score the winner in Der Klassiker this weekend. Coming off the bench, Bellingham attempted to clear a cross from Luis Diaz, but the ball got caught under his feet, and Michael Olise capitalised on the mistake.
Bayern Munich made it seven wins from seven as they defeated rivals Borussia Dortmund in Der Klassiker on Saturday evening. The Bavarian giants were a class above Kiko Kovac's men at the Allianz Arena to continue their seemingly unstoppable march towards a second successive Bundesliga title as they opened up a five-point lead at the top of the table.
Bayern Munich have been told it would be a “must” to sign Borussia Dortmund defender Nico Schlotterbeck if contract talks with Dayot Upamecano collapse. With the Frenchman’s future uncertain and Liverpool monitoring the situation, Lothar Matthaus believes the German international could be the ideal replacement one who already knows the Bundesliga inside out.
Bayern Munich sporting director Max Eberl has made it clear that extending Dayot Upamecano’s contract is a top priority for the club. The French centre-back, who joined in 2021, is out of contract next June, and with several European giants circling, Bayern are trying hard to keep one of their key players beyond 2025. However, Upamecano’s high wage demands have made negotiations challenging.
Liverpool have reportedly made a decision on whether they will pursue a Nico Schlotterbeck transfer as contract talks with Borussia Dortmund continue to stall. The 25-year-old's negotiations with Dortmund have dragged on for months, with both sides yet to agree on fresh terms. The club is desperate to keep hold of one of their defensive cornerstones, but Schlotterbeck’s camp has been reluctant to commit, leaving Europe’s biggest teams circling with the hopes of a potential transfer.
Bayern Munich have reportedly opened talks with Koln over the signing of German wonderkid Said El Mala. The Bavarian club are said to be the most advanced in their pursuit of the youngster, but they face competition from English sides, as Koln had previously rejected a substantial summer offer from Brighton.
Borussia Dortmund sporting director Lars Ricken has warned defender Nico Schlotterbeck that, while he respects the player’s decision to delay signing a new contract, the German side will not allow the situation to drag on indefinitely. The German international, who has attracted interest from Bayern Munich and Liverpool, has a deal running until 2027.
Chelsea winger Estevao has been named among the list of nominees for the 2025 Golden Boy Award. The Brazil international will compete against the likes of Borussia Dortmund midfielder Jobe Bellingham and Real Madrid talent Franco Mastantuono for the trophy which was last won by Barcelona superstar Lamine Yamal, who is unable to defend his crown due to the competition’s rules.
Borussia Dortmund defender Almugera Kabar has submitted a transfer request to leave the German club. The 21-year-old has yet to make an appearance this season and does not feature in manager Niko Kovac’s plans. Kabar is reportedly looking for a loan move, with Brentford and three other English clubs expressing interest in signing him during the winter transfer window.
Nico Schlotterbeck is in no rush to commit his long-term future to Borussia Dortmund. According to reports from Germany, the Black and Yellow have already tabled a new offer for their star defender, but Schlotterbeck is adamant on not making a premature decision. The likes of Liverpool, Bayern Munich, and Real Madrid have expressed in signing the 25-year-old.
Jude Bellingham left his brother Jobe confused with a Frank Sinatra-themed Instagram post as Real Madrid star enjoys time off amid exile from the England national team. Bellingham has returned to action for Madrid after undergoing a shoulder injury in the summer. He is still working his way back to full match fitness and sharpness, which prompted Thomas Tuchel to overlook the midfield star in the Three Lions squad.
Borussia Dortmund have been handed a major boost ahead of their Bundesliga clash against Bayern Munich, with Serhou Guirassy back in full training after injury concerns. The Guinean striker, described by Niko Kovac as the team's “life insurance,” looks set to lead the line in Saturday’s highly-anticipated Klassiker clash after overcoming thigh problems.
Nico Schlotterbeck has hailed his German national team-mate and fellow centre-back Jonathan Tah as a "better defender" than him and explained why the duo make such a good pairing for Julian Nagelsmann's side. Bayern Munich are reportedly keeping tabs on Schlotterbeck's situation at Borussia Dortmund, where his contract expires in 2027, and could move to unite the pair at club level.
Manchester United are reportedly considering a move for Jude Bellingham's brother Jobe as Ruben Amorim sees the young midfielder as a perfect fit for his 3-4-2-1 system. Bellingham followed in his elder brother Jude's footsteps and signed for Borussia Dortmund in the summer transfer window from Sunderland but the youngster has struggled for regular game time in Germany under Niko Kovac.
Ex-Liverpool coach Jurgen Klopp will receive the 2025 Walther Bensemann Prize, a prestigious German football honour awarded to personalities who embody human values, intercultural understanding, and fair play beyond sporting success. The award celebrates Klopp’s leadership, authenticity and his enduring love for football’s roots, qualities that have made the German one of the most respected figures in world football.
Liverpool have reportedly held positive talks with Borussia Dortmund’s Nico Schlotterbeck as they accelerate their search for a new centre-back following Giovanni Leoni’s season-ending ACL injury. However, Bayern Munich are also keeping tabs on the Germany international, meaning the Reds could face stiff competition in the upcoming January transfer window.
Jude and Jobe Bellingham face a potentially unwelcome distraction away from the field, with the Daily Mail reporting that their parents have parted ways. It is claimed that Mark and Denise Bellingham have separated, having spent much of the last five years living apart as their time has been split between England, Germany and Spain - as they helped Jude and Jobe to thrive at club level. It is claimed that Mark is “growing close” to another woman.
Bundesliga heavyweights Borussia Dortmund are exploring defensive options in case star defender Nico Schlotterbeck leaves the club for Bayern Munich next summer. They have identified one strong candidate in the form of Chelsea defender Axel Disasi and a past connection with Dortmund coach Niko Kovac might help them in securing his services.
Mark Bellingham, the father of Jude and Jobe, has seen some of his behaviour branded “an absolute joke” by England legend Sir Geoff Hurst. Bellingham senior has been billed as “the most powerful man in English football”, given the prominence of his two sons, but has also generated lively debate with his antics behind the scenes - with officials at Borussia Dortmund being confronted at one stage after Jobe was substituted at half-time.
Borussia Dortmund striker Serhou Guirassy's release clause is set to drop significantly next summer, making him a cut-price target for Europe's elite. Barcelona are reportedly monitoring the 29-year-old, who has been in incredible form since joining the German club after a spectacular spell at Stuttgart, earning much praise from current coach Niko Kovac.
Chelsea have reportedly joined Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund in the race to sign Koln’s rising star Said El Mala. The 19-year-old winger, who only broke into the Bundesliga this season, has taken Germany by storm with his pace and dribbling skills, quickly turning into one of Europe’s hottest young talents.
Borussia Dortmund have been keeping a close eye on Ecuadorian wonderkid Justin Lerma since striking a deal to sign the teenager back in 2024. The young sensation is set to join the Bundesliga giants next summer once he turns 18 in a €4 million deal and the club's current plan is to immediately thrust him into the senior team after being impressed by his performances in his homeland.
Borussia Dortmund are set to offer Nico Schlotterbeck a huge new contract that could triple his wages as they look to secure his long-term future amid renewed Bayern Munich interest. The German defender, seen as a future captain and leader of the club, remains calm about his decision despite Dortmund’s push to extend his deal until 2030.
Borussia Dortmund are keen to ensure that Nico Schlotterbeck signs a new long-term deal with them as they see the centre-back as their "future captain". However, Germany legend Lothar Matthaus has urged his former club and Dortmund's rivals Bayern Munich to make a move for the German international, stating that he will form a great centre-back partnership with Jonathan Tah.