Ruben Amorim says Manchester United are ready to enter the January transfer market but only if the “perfect” player is available. The Red Devils continue to be linked with a host of central midfielders but the Portuguese head coach has suggested the club are even prepared to strengthen in another area of the pitch, provided the signing is one for the long term.
Carlos Baleba has addressed talk that speculation over a summer move to Manchester United has impacted his form. The Cameroon international was heavily linked with a switch to Old Trafford over the summer as Ruben Amorim pushed to strengthen his side in the middle of the park. However, United failed to agree a fee with Brighton, and the transfer ultimately failed to materialise.
Manchester United have reportedly learned the current price tag for a long-term midfield target who has been billed as a replacement for Casemiro. Ruben Amorim wants to invest in a new central midfielder after identifying the position as a weak spot in his lineup. United have prepared a six-man shortlist for the January transfer window.
Ruben Amorim is determined to make Manchester United stronger as they reportedly target two priority signings, including a Premier League star. The Portuguese head coach is determined to reshape a squad that finished a dire 15th last season, United’s lowest-ever finish in the Premier League era. Since replacing Erik ten Hag in November 2024, Amorim has battled inconsistency and has overseen a turbulent first year in charge.
Carlos Baleba has been backed to become Manchester United's own Rodri despite Casemiro's resurgence at Old Trafford. In recent weeks, the Brazilian has reminded fans exactly why he’s one of the finest defensive midfielders of his generation. Yet, Ruben Amorim feels that he needs to add more steel in midfield, and a summer bid for Baleba has not been ruled out.
Brighton head coach Fabian Hurzeler has revealed tough love has been the key to helping Carlos Baleba return to form ahead of Saturday’s clash with Manchester United. The Cameroon international was wanted by the Red Devils in the summer, but they opted to walk away from discussions after learning the south coast club's valuation of the midfielder.
The revolving door of transfers at Manchester United shows no sign of stopping as it has been revealed Ruben Amorim is chasing six potential targets when the coming windows open in January and in the summer. The focus will be on midfield signings with a number of high-profile stars potentially heading to Old Trafford as the club attempt to build a squad capable of challenging for the Premier League title.
Manchester United have switched their attention to Elliot Anderson after failing to sign Brighton's Carlos Baleba, as Ruben Amorim eyes a midfield overhaul. The 22-year-old Nottingham Forest dynamo has become one of the most sought-after names in English football following his breakthrough into the Three Lions squad. United had already been monitoring Adam Wharton of Crystal Palace and revisiting interest in Baleba, but it is now being reported that Anderson has emerged as the standout target.
Manchester United may have a secret agent on their hands in Bryan Mbeumo, with the Red Devils winger said to be urging Cameroon international team-mate Carlos Baleba to join him at Old Trafford. United remain in the market for another proven performer to operate in the heart of their midfield, with a big-money raid on Premier League rivals Brighton being mooted.
Manchester United are reportedly prioritising a move for Crystal Palace midfielder Adam Wharton after cooling their interest in Brighton’s Carlos Baleba. The Red Devils were keen to strengthen in the middle of the park by signing the Cameroon international in the summer but have now decided to rethink their shortlist following the 21-year-old’s difficult start to the 2025-26 season.
Brighton chief admitted there was interest from Manchester United for Carles Baleba and revealed why the Red Devils missed out on the £100m transfer. United boss Ruben Amorim had made the Cameroon powerhouse his No.1 midfield target as the Red Devils scrambled for reinforcements before the September 1 deadline. But Brighton refused to budge, slamming the door shut on a potential £100m mega deal that could have filled their coffers.
Manchester United are lining up a shock move for Crystal Palace star Adam Wharton as they gear up for a midfield reshuffle. United had looked to bolster in the middle of the park over the summer but were rebuffed in their efforts to sign Brighton's Carlos Baleba. However, they have since turned their attention to Wharton, with Kobbie Mainoo and Casemiro both on the Old Traffford chopping block.
Brighton boss Fabian Hurzeler admits that Manchester United's transfer interest in Carlos Baleba may have unsettled the midfielder after a difficult start to the season. The Red Devils were keen on signing the 21-year-old this summer but in the end, they were put off by his reported £115 million price tag. And after being taken off early against Tottenham, Hurzeler has fired a warning to Baleba.
Manchester United are not giving up on signing Brighton and Hove Albion midfielder Carlos Baleba, despite failing to land him in the summer transfer window.