England international Ivan Toney has returned to Saudi Arabia and training with club side Al-Ahli after being arrested in London over an alleged headbutt in a nightclub. The striker was spotted being led away in handcuffs by police following a brawl in the English capital. However, he has now returned to work with the Saudi Pro League side ahead of a fixture on Friday against Damac.
Gareth Bale has downplayed rumours that he had a bad relationship with Cristiano Ronaldo at Real Madrid. The Welsh star played alongside the Portuguese icon for five seasons at Los Blancos, and together they won multiple La Liga and Champions League titles. For all the criticism that came the winger's way in Spain, he says he never had any issues with any of his team-mates at the European giants.
Former Arsenal star Nicolas Pepe has used a Dragon Ball Z analogy to explain the GOAT battle that continues to rage between Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi. The Portuguese superstar is considered to be Vegeta to Messi’s Goku, with Pepe claiming that the eight-time Ballon d’Or-winning Argentine “slaps everyone” when it comes to the greatest of all-time debate.
England international Ivan Toney was led away in handcuffs after allegedly headbutting another reveller in a London nightclub. The 29-year-old striker, who now plays his club football in the Saudi Pro League for Al-Ahli, was looking to enjoy an evening out with friends during a visit to his homeland. He found himself caught up in an unfortunate incident that saw said festivities cut short.
Manchester United could be in line for a cash boost courtesy of Mason Greenwood, with it claimed that a €100 million (£87m/$116m) bid from the Saudi Pro League has been tabled for the 24-year-old forward. If Marseille were to accept that offer, and Greenwood agreed personal terms, then the Red Devils would be due 50 per cent of any fee that is generated from a sale.
It’s the bromance of the year that no one could have predicted but President of the United States, Donald Trump, has issued another message, gushing in his praise for Cristiano Ronaldo. The pair met at the White House earlier this year at high-profile event involving world business leaders and Trump described CR7’s appearance at the event as a “real honour”, and POTUS has now revealed details of a recent phone call.
Cristiano Ronaldo is being backed to grace a seventh World Cup, with FIFA’s flagship event heading to Portugal - as one of several co-hosts - in 2030. If the all-time great were to make that event, then more history would be made. Nuno Gomes can see that prospect appealing to CR7, with a contract extension having already been signed at club level with Al-Nassr.
Cristiano Ronaldo has expanded his booming business empire by announcing a major investment in Perplexity, the fast-growing AI platform positioned as a leading rival to ChatGPT. The Portugal legend unveiled the partnership, highlighting his belief in curiosity, innovation and technology. His move marks another high-profile step into the tech sector as he strengthens his portfolio off the pitch.
Mohamed Salah’s future at Liverpool has been thrown into fresh doubt after Arne Slot dropped the Premier League icon for consecutive matches, prompting renewed interest from the Saudi Pro League. The division’s leadership is reportedly prepared to fund a major bid for the 33-year-old, with previous negotiations and Salah’s strong ties to SPL officials viewed as key factors in a possible move.
Roberto Martinez has revealed what makes Cristiano Ronaldo special, with Portugal’s national team boss explaining the GOAT mentality that has allowed CR7 to break all kinds of records. The legendary forward is still going strong at 40 years of age, with Adebayo Akinfenwa’s ‘Beast Mode On’ podcast being informed of why a unique character has been able to enjoy such longevity.
Cristiano Ronaldo could play for Portugal beyond the 2026 World Cup, Wes Brown has said in an exclusive interview with GOAL. Ahead of the group stage draw for next summer’s finals, a former Manchester United team-mate of the five-time Ballon d’Or winner has explained why he could have more Hollywood storylines and another major tournament left in him.
A former Saudi Arabian sports minister has unleashed a withering assessment of the Saudi Pro League, claiming Cristiano Ronaldo is the only foreign player in the competition justifying their wages. Prince Abdullah bin Mosaad lauded Ronaldo's unparalleled ability to bring global exposure to the league. The 40-year-old extended his stay in the country when he signed a new two-year deal with Al-Nassr in the summer.
Ivan Toney’s much-speculated reunion with former Brentford boss Thomas Frank is increasingly unlikely, with the striker reportedly now expected to remain at Al-Ahli beyond January, and potentially beyond next summer. The 29-year-old forward has adapted seamlessly to life in the Saudi Pro League since joining the Jeddah club in 2024 for around £40 million ($53m), and a potential return to English shores is currently not on the cards.
Cristiano Ronaldo has been tipped to excel as a taekwondo kickboxer after investing in MMA promotion WOW FC, with boxing star Ryan Garcia insisting the Al-Nassr icon’s elite footwork could translate directly into the cage. Garcia praised Ronaldo’s “LeBron James–like longevity” and remarkable physique, fuelling fresh debate over the 40-year-old’s potential future beyond football.
Cristiano Ronaldo is making a move into MMA, with the Portugal icon announcing a new job in a link-up with UFC legend Ilia Topuria. At 40 years of age, and with his glittering football career entering its final chapters, Ronaldo has made one of the clearest statements yet about life after football. The Al-Nassr star says the new project "represents values I truly believe in - discipline, respect, resilience."
Former Manchester United, Newcastle, and Tottenham Hotspur striker Louis Saha has warned Lamine Yamal that he won't match the legacy of Lionel Messi because he doesn't have the same "obsession" with football as Cristiano Ronaldo. The Barcelona youngster has often been in the spotlight for the wrong reasons this season, with Saha the latest to fear that his potential could be wasted.
Al-Nassr star Cristiano Ronaldo is reportedly set to open a new private members club in Madrid. The Portugal icon is nearing the end of his career and it appears he is making more steps to prepare for life after football. Along with a host of business enterprises he already has, the 40-year-old forward is going into a new type of venture later this year.
Cruz Beckham has fiercely defended his father David after Cristiano Ronaldo claimed he was physically superior to the retired Manchester United legend. The Al-Nassr star is still playing at the age of 40 and boasts an impressive physique, an area he feels he has the beating of Beckham. But the ex-England captain's youngest son has hit back at the Portuguese in savage style.
Cristiano Ronaldo and Georgina Rodriguez have reportedly finalised a wedding venue that holds a special meaning for the Al-Nassr and Portugal superstar. The couple got engaged in August this year after Ronaldo proposed to his long-term girlfriend. They plan to tie the knot next summer, following the conclusion of the 2026 World Cup.
Portugal head coach Roberto Martinez has insisted that Cristiano Ronaldo still justifies his place in the national team ahead of the 2026 World Cup, highlighting not only his recent goalscoring form at international level but also the "hunger" that drives the 40-year-old five-time Ballon d'Or winner. Ronaldo is set to play at his sixth World Cup tournament, which is likely to be his last.
Cristiano Ronaldo scored a sensational overhead kick on Sunday night in the Saudi Pro League as table-toppers Al-Nassr maintained their perfect start to the 2025-26 season with a ninth win from nine games. The 40-year-old rolled back the years with an eye-catching acrobatic effort in stoppage time and promptly set a challenge for fans on social media after the victory for his side at Al-Awwal Park.
Al-Nassr continued their perfect start to the 2025/26 Saudi Pro League season with a spectacular 4-1 win over sixth-placed Al-Khaleej. It was the Joao Felix and Cristiano Ronaldo show yet again as the Portugal internationals bagged one goal each, taking their respective tallies for the season to 10 apiece. The Faris Najd have now bagged nine wins in nine games with 30 goals to their name.
Former Liverpool star Sadio Mane explained exactly why he's blown away by 'incredible' Al-Nassr team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo. Mane has shared a dressing room with Ronaldo for more than two years and has built a formidable partnership with the Portuguese legend in the Al-Nassr attack. Mane moved to Saudi Arabia in the summer of 2023, just six months after Ronaldo arrived at the club.
Cristiano Ronaldo's sisters have hit back at the Portugal icon's critics following his meeting with US president Donald Trump at the White House earlier this week. Ronaldo was invited to a formal dinner party organised by the US president in honour of Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman. The Al-Nassr star's White House visit divided opinion which saw plenty of criticism aimed at Ronaldo online.
Manchester United have been told that they should not ignore any “stupid“ transfer offers from the Saudi Pro League for Bruno Fernandes. Interest from that part of the world was shown in the Portuguese midfielder over the summer of 2025 and could be rekindled 12 months on, with the Red Devils needing to decide whether or not to cash in on a player that is now 31 years of age.
Sadio Mane says he rejected a move to Manchester United a year before signing for Liverpool. When the forward was impressing at Southampton, the Red Devils were keen on signing the Senegal international. But Mane has revealed he was "not convinced" by then-manager Louis van Gaal's assertion that he would be a first-team regular.
Galatasaray advisor and prominent agent George Gardi has dived into the behind-the-scenes developments with regards to the transfer to Leroy Sane to the Turkish heavyweights. The 29-year-old, who left Bayern Munich as a free agent at the end of last season, signed a three-year deal with Galatasaray after the club managed to convince him of his importance in the project.
Thibaut Courtois admits that Cristiano Ronaldo has “more of a winning mentality” than current Real Madrid talisman Kylian Mbappe. The Blancos’ free-scoring No.10 is, however, considered to be working on that side of his game. In time, the French forward could go on to enjoy a similar standing at Santiago Bernabeu to that which Portuguese GOAT Ronaldo continues to boast.
Cristiano Ronaldo put out a message on social media after attending a White House dinner with Donald Trump. The event was attended by influential figures from global business, technology and sport, and it marked Ronaldo’s first public appearance in the United States since 2016. The black-tie gathering was arranged as part of efforts to strengthen the expanding political and economic relationship between Washington and Riyadh. Ronaldo’s presence alongside the Saudi delegation once again highlighted how prominently the Al-Nassr forward now features in the kingdom’s soft-power and sporting strategies.
At an extravagant White House state dinner honouring Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman (MBS), U.S. President Donald Trump announced the presence of football superstar Cristiano Ronaldo. Acknowledging his youngest son Barron's admiration for the Al-Nassr and Portugal striker, Trump joked that the meeting had increased his son’s respect for him. Ronaldo was joined at the black-tie event by his fiancée Georgina Rodriguez, and they both posed for a selfie with Elon Musk at one stage.