Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo has issued a defiant message to Barcelona, ruling out a summer exit for star forward Julian Alvarez. The Argentine World Cup winner has emerged as a top target for the Catalan giants as they hunt for Robert Lewandowski’s long-term successor, but the capital club have made it clear that their record signing is not for sale under any circumstances.
Robert Lewandowski is facing a defining moment in his illustrious career as his Barcelona contract nears its expiration. The Polish striker has reportedly received offers from Atletico Madrid and AC Milan, among others, but is holding off on a decision until the club's presidential elections are concluded in March.
Rene Meulensteen claims Marcus Rashford could still return to Manchester United despite his spells at Aston Villa and Barcelona. The former coach insists the forward remains 'Red' at heart and suggests that the changing landscape at Old Trafford could open the door for a sensational homecoming, provided honest conversations are held between the player and the club.
The Metropolitano pitch has become a major talking point ahead of Atletico Madrid's Copa del Rey semi-final first leg against Barcelona. "Honestly, it's not in good condition," Koke admitted after Sunday's home defeat to Real Betis. "We slip, the turf comes up. Clearly, we have to play better, so it's not an excuse, but we're expected to perform at a high level and we need a pitch of that same quality to be able to do so."
Real Madrid and UEFA have announced that they have ended their legal dispute over the proposed Super League. The Spanish giants were the only club still signed up to the failed project, as Barcelona withdrew their support last week.
Barcelona defender Ronald Araujo has fuelled talk that the Catalan giants could move for Atletico Madrid striker Julian Alvarez in the summer transfer window. Hansi Flick's side are expected to be in the market for a new No. 9 to replace Robert Lewandowski, and Alvarez has been mentioned as a transfer target. Araujo has given his verdict on the Argentina star and thinks he's one of the best around.
Ronald Araujo has revealed his struggle with mental health, admitting he played through depression and anxiety for over a year before reaching a breaking point. The Barcelona defender, who recently returned to action after a spiritual retreat, says he has "hit rock bottom" and come back stronger, urging others to seek professional help when the pressure becomes too much to handle alone.
Barcelona have been dealt a severe injury blow ahead of their crucial Copa del Rey semi-final against Atletico Madrid, with Marcus Rashford officially ruled out of the tie. The England international suffered a knock to his left knee during the weekend's La Liga victory over Mallorca and has failed to recover in time for the trip to the Spanish capital.
Barcelona presidential candidate Victor Font has launched a scathing attack on Joan Laporta, describing the broken relationship with Lionel Messi as "unforgivable" while promising a "three-pronged" offensive to bring the Inter Miami star back. The opposition leader claims to have knowledge that the Argentine legend would be open to a sensational return if the conditions were right.
Cristiano Ronaldo has been told he "doesn't have the genius" of fellow footballing greats such as Lionel Messi, Diego Maradona and Ronaldo Nazario by former Real Madrid boss Fabio Capello. The Portugal and Al-Nassr superstar is still going strong at the age of 41, and remains on track to score 1,000 career goals before he retires, but has been told he's still not one of the very best.
Neymar and Santos have sent signed No.10 shirts to Lionel Messi and his sons, Thiago, Mateo and Ciro, highlighting the two stars' favoured shirt number. The duo starred together at Barcelona and later linked up again at French giants Paris Saint-Germain and they have remained good friends ever since. A social post from Santos praised both Messi and Neymar alongside all-time Brazil great Pele.
Lionel Messi had to “score all the time” at Barcelona or he “wasn’t happy”, a former team-mate of the Argentine GOAT has revealed. World Cup winner Samuel Umtiti worked with the eight-time Ballon d’Or winner at Camp Nou and got to witness up close the relentless drive that carries the very best in the business to the top of the global game.
Real Madrid president Florentino Perez is reportedly targeting a "dream" deal for Barcelona midfielder Pedri in a potential repeat of the Luis Figo transfer saga that rocked European football in 2000. Pedri has emerged as one of Barca's brightest stars since joining the club from Las Palmas in 2020, and Perez is said to be keen on luring him away from Real's arch-rivals.
Barcelona superstar Raphinha has taken aim at the “unfair” Ballon d’Or and FIFA Best snubs that he endured in 2025. The Brazil international starred for the Blaugrana last year as they landed the Liga title. He posted more than 60 goal involvements over the course of the campaign, but still missed out on the most prestigious of individual honours at glittering award ceremonies.
GOAL's Rebel United series focuses on players who prefer to swim against the tide, players such as Zlatan Ibrahimovic – an icon who not only disrupted the system, but also subjugated it...
Lamine Yamal has opened up on how he manages the immense weight of expectation at Barcelona and Spain, revealing that he actively tries to "disconnect" from the sport to maintain his sanity. The 18-year-old sensation also discussed his excitement for the upcoming World Cup in Mexico and his surprising love for Pokemon.
Lionel Messi continues to plan for a future in Barcelona, according to reports in Spain, with the Argentine GOAT intending to head back to Catalunya alongside wife Antonela Roccuzzo and their three sons. Messi bid farewell to Camp Nou in emotional circumstances in 2021. He is now working on a contract through 2028 with MLS Cup winners Inter Miami.
Marcus Rashford has seen a summer return to Manchester United speculated on - once a loan spell at Barcelona comes to a close - but it is claimed that the Red Devils are “still planning for the future without” the England international in mind. The expectation for now is that a purchase option on the 28-year-old forward will be taken up by La Liga title hopefuls.
Marcus Rashford appears to be playing his way towards a long-term future at Barcelona, as he enjoys an impressive loan from Manchester United, but upcoming presidential elections at Camp Nou could impact whether or not a purchase option on the England international is taken up. The expectation is that said clause will be triggered if Joan Laporta remains at the helm.
Joan Laporta has officially resigned as Barcelona president, but his departure is merely a strategic procedural move ahead of the upcoming club elections. The Catalan chief is seeking a fresh mandate from club members on March 15, leaving a management commission in charge as he prepares to battle Víctor Font and three other candidates for the top job at Camp Nou.
Joan Laporta has expressed his frustration over the ongoing delays to the Camp Nou renovation. The Barcelona president revealed that while the stadium should be finished by late 2026, the roof installation will push final completion into 2027, requiring a tricky period of inactivity that must be juggled with La Liga schedules to avoid a return to the stadium in Montjuic.
We still have a title race in England! Manchester City's hopes of winning the Premier League looked to be over after they fell behind to another stunning free-kick from Dominik Szoboszlai at Anfield on Sunday, but Pep Guardiola's men produce a sensational fightback to defeat Liverpool 2-1 and close the game to leaders Arsenal to just six points.
GOAL runs the rule over the British players earning a living away from their homeland, with plenty more stars deciding to leave their comfort zones in search of a better footballing life elsewhere. The Premier League is still obviously one of the world's most entertaining divisions and the Championship can prove fantastic for development, but there are more options out there.
Chelsea are being backed to win the transfer race for Atletico Madrid forward Julian Alvarez. The World Cup-winning Argentina international left English football when severing ties with Manchester City in 2024. A return to familiar surroundings is being speculated on, with it suggested that Stamford Bridge could be the South American’s next port of call.
Real Madrid manager Alvaro Arbeloa has accused Clasico rivals Barcelona of generating the “biggest scandal in the history of Spanish football”. The Blaugrana remain embroiled in the long-running Negreira case, with accusations being levelled at the Catalan giants of bribing match officials. No definitive conclusion to that saga has been reached, much to the bemusement of Arbeloa.