Manchester United's hopes of keeping teenage sensation JJ Gabriel, nicknamed 'Kid Messi', have been given a massive boost as Arsenal's supposed interest in the player has been labelled as "premature". The 15-year-old, widely tipped as one of the most gifted players to emerge from United's academy since Marcus Rashford, has agreed to commit his immediate future to Old Trafford after a tense behind-closed-doors meeting with United chiefs Jason Wilcox and Omar Berrada.
Arsenal are reportedly ready to sell £45 million ($60m) star Gabriel Jesus this coming January, though Gunners fans have been told to "expect a quiet January window" after a spending big money over the summer. When Gabriel Jesus joined the Gunners in July 2022, he was billed as the man to restore Arsenal's firepower and spearhead a new era at the Emirates.
Thomas Tuchel admits that Bukayo Saka has given him a nice "problem", with the Arsenal winger starring for England against Wales after seeing club colleague Noni Madueke miss out through injury. Saka, making his first appearance for the Three Lions since facing Senegal in June, scored a stunning goal for the Three Lions as they eased to a 3-0 victory over geographical neighbours at Wembley Stadium.
Bukayo Saka is "starting to feel good again" after continuing his injury comeback on the international stage with an England goal. The Arsenal superstar sent Wembley into raptures with a thunderous strike as the Three Lions swept aside Wales 3-0 in a commanding friendly victory that had redemption written all over it.
Bukayo Saka etched his name into history on Thursday night, becoming Arsenal’s all-time leading men’s goalscorer for England after netting a stunning strike against Wales. Just a day after celebrating five years since his Three Lions debut, the 23-year-old produced a trademark curling finish to register his 13th goal for the national team and surpass Gunners' legend Cliff Bastin’s record.
William Saliba revealed how he's already "taken revenge" against Enzo Fernandez for the World Cup defeat with Arsenal. The French defender, now a pillar at both Arsenal and for Didier Deschamps’ national side, says France aren’t intimidated by anyone, not even Lionel Messi’s world champions.
An assistant to the agent of striker Viktor Gyokeres has revealed that Manchester United agreed a higher fee than what Arsenal paid for the Swedish hitman. The Gunners won the race to sign Gyokeres earlier this year having been linked with the former Sporting striker and now-United star Benjamin Sesko. However, Sporting would have preferred to sell to United, who offered more for the player than Arsenal.
Former Tottenham midfielder Jermaine Jenas has explained how he almost ended up joining Spurs' fierce north London rivals Arsenal. Speaking on episode eight of the Beast Mode On Podcast with Adebayo Akinfenwa, Jenas recalls how he would've loved the chance to play under Arsene Wenger, leading to the former England international needing to prove his loyalties to disgruntled Spurs fans.
Martin Odegaard and Arsenal have been given a concerning injury update after seeing the midfielder suffer medial collateral ligament damage. The Norway international picked up that knock during a Premier League clash with West Ham. In what has been a frustrating season on the fitness front for the Gunners captain, he is now facing another spell on the sidelines.
Liverpool defender Ibrahima Konate has teased international team-mate William Saliba about Arsenal’s Premier League title hopes, with two French defenders locking horns again in a bid to establish domestic dominance in the English top-flight. That crown currently resides at Anfield, but a thrilling start to the 2025-26 campaign suggests that north London heavyweights are ready to compete for major honours once again.
William Saliba explained his decision to sign a new Arsenal contract and snub Real Madrid despite "lacking trophies" with the Gunners. The French defender could have chased the bright lights of Madrid. He could have swapped north London for the glamour of the Santiago Bernabeu. But when Los Blancos came knocking, Arsenal’s defensive powerhouse slammed the door shut; and he has no regrets.
Perhaps now more than at any other point in the modern history of football, the subject of stadia is increasingly dominant. Manchester United are trying to completely rebuild Old Trafford to the cost of £2 billion ($2.7bn). Spurs are six years into the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium experience and at last have a trophy to put in their new cabinet. Chelsea's dispute over land in west London continues to cast a shadow over the future and suitability of Stamford Bridge. Newcastle's Saudi owners are still deciding whether they should expand St James' Park or make use of the space on the adjacent land to start from scratch.
And then there was one. According to RAC1, Barcelona have withdrawn their support for the European Super League (ESL), leaving Real Madrid as the only remaining member of the original 'Dirty Dozen' still supporting the controversial project.
Chelsea fans have accused Arsenal of sabotaging the Blues' renovations after news emerged of their Emirates Stadium expansion plans that would see the Gunners play at Wembley while the works are ongoing. Arsenal could be making a shock move to the national stadium, with a brief relocation to the home of English football being considered as part of plans to increase the capacity of their current home.
Arsenal goalkeeper David Raya has been rewarded for his impressive form with an improved contract. It has been reported that the Spanish international's new deal represents an increase in remuneration from his reported £100,000-per-week wages. He has not agreed to extend his time at the north London club, with the new agreement expiring in 2028.
Piers Morgan, who has always been a loyal Cristiano Ronaldo supporter, has revealed the identity of the one sportsperson that he ranks higher than CR7. That honour goes to Australian cricket legend Shane Warne, with Morgan of the opinion that Ronaldo “would understand” having to play second fiddle to an iconic bowler that liked to make headlines on and off the field.
Arsenal could be making a shock move to Wembley Stadium, much like north London rivals Tottenham once did, with brief relocation to the home of English football being considered as part of plans to upgrade Emirates Stadium. The Gunners are looking to expand their current base, with overall capacity being pushed beyond 70,000 and back above old adversaries Spurs.
Viktor Gyokeres has been defended from critics that “don’t have a clue about football”, with Sweden manager Jon Dahl Tomasson of the opinion that his star striker remains in decent form. That is despite the prolific forward enduring a barren run at Arsenal on the back of his big-money move from Sporting over the summer. Gyokeres has failed to find the target through his last six appearances for the Gunners.
Former Spain midfielder Gaizka Mendieta has suggested that Mikel Arteta's record of achievement since being appointed by Arsenal in 2019 will give him his pick of jobs whenever he decides the time is right to leave the Emirates Stadium. One of those could be at Barcelona in the future, where Arteta made key strides in his formative years as a footballer.
Arsenal star Bukayo Saka is desperate to impress Thomas Tuchel as he earned his England call-up ahead of the upcoming international matches. Tuchel announced his 24-member Three Lions roster on Friday as he left out several top players, including Real Madrid's Jude Bellingham, Manchester City's Phil Foden and City loanee Jack Grealish, who has regained his form after joining Everton on loan.
Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta has issued a worrying update on Declan Rice after he was forced off during the 2-1 victory over London rivals West Ham. Rice was forced off in the 79th minute of the match at the Emirates and will now be assessed by Gunners medical staff.
Arsenal have revealed details of the injury suffered by Martin Odegaard in their Premier League win over West Ham, with the Gunners’ club captain sustaining medial collateral ligament damage. He will not be heading off with Norway during the international break, as medics in north London get to work, with no timeline being put in place for his recovery - after seeing fitness setbacks become an unfortunate theme in 2025-26.
Arsenal captain Martin Odegaard’s scheduled flight to join the Norway national team was cancelled after he suffered a fresh knee injury against West Ham. The midfielder left the Emirates in a brace following another setback, leaving the Gunners concerned over his fitness ahead of crucial domestic and international fixtures.
Liverpool have now lost three matches in a row for the first time under Arne Slot after they succumbed to a 2-1 loss at Chelsea on Saturday evening, ensuring they will go into the October international break only second in the Premier League table. The reigning champions of England can't have many complaints about the result either, with the Club World Cup winners outlasting them and striking at the death to settle the contest.