Jude Summerfield

News writer & editor
Articles by Jude Summerfield
  1. Ronaldo misses another game as Al-Nassr reach quarter-finals

    Cristiano Ronaldo missed another Al-Nassr game on Wednesday as the Portugal international was left out of the squad for the 1-0 win in the AFC Champions League Two against Turkmenistan side Arkadag. The victory ensured the Saudi giants reached the quarter-finals of the competition, having won the first leg by the same scoreline. Manager Jorge Jesus named a weakened starting XI, with none of his big hitters playing from the beginning.

  2. Arsenal are cracking up! Raya rush of blood proves disastrous

    Arsenal slipped up again in the Premier League title race as a late Tom Edozie strike helped Wolves claim a dramatic 2-2 draw on Wednesday. Bukayo Saka headed the Gunners ahead early on before Piero Hincapie doubled their lead shortly after half-time. Hugo Bueno's stunner made it a nervy final 20 minutes for Mikel Arteta's side before a calamitous mistake from David Raya allowed Edozie to equalise courtesy of a ricochet off Riccardo Calafiori.

  3. American billionaire buys new Man Utd shares

    American billionaire Leon Cooperman has upped his stake in Manchester United to 2.9 million shares. The 82-year-old first invested in the Red Devils around the time Sir Jim Ratcliffe was planning his takeover at Old Trafford and has recently acquired shares from a British investment firm. He is also not thought to be mounting a takeover bid of his own any time soon.

  4. Gordon joins Kane in exclusive Champions League club

    Anthony Gordon has joined Harry Kane in an exclusive Champions League goal club after scoring four times during Newcastle United's 6-1 win at Qarabag in the Champions League. The Magpies winger struck his quadruple in the first half of the first leg of their knockout round play-off in Baku, effectively sealing Eddie Howe's side's place in the next round with more than a game still to play.

  5. Infantino 'shocked and saddened' by Vinicius racial abuse allegations

    FIFA president Gianni Infantino says he is "shocked and saddened" by the allegations of racism from Vinicius Junior against Gianluca Prestianni. Real Madrid's Champions League clash with Benfica was paused for ten minutes after referee Francois Letexier initiated the anti-racism protocol before the fixture resumed. A strike from Vinicius proved to be the only goal of the game in a 1-0 win for Los Blancos.

  6. Ex-Premier League striker reveals he was 'The Secret Footballer'

    Former Premier League striker Dave Kitson has revealed he was the 'Secret Footballer', a pseudonym he used to pen articles and books during his playing career without revealing his identity. The series focused on what goes on behind the scenes in elite-level football, with topics ranging from matchdays to transfers and contracts. Many punters attempted to unmask the author while he was still playing, but Kitson has now confirmed he was behind the phenomenon.

  7. Benfica legend accuses Prestianni of lying about 'racist act'

    Benfica legend Luisao has criticised Gianluca Prestianni for lying about what he allegedly said to Vinicius Junior during Real Madrid's victory in Portugal on Tuesday night. The Champions League game was halted after the Brazilian reported racist abuse to referee Francois Letexier, but Benfica and manager Jose Mourinho have since defended Prestianni and accused Vinicius of inciting racism. Argentine midfielder Prestianni has also claimed Vinicius and his team-mates misheard the words he insisted he used.

  1. Why Liverpool are stalling in push for €100m-rated Diomande

    Liverpool are holding off from making a transfer move for RB Leipzig star Yan Diomande due to contractual complications. The Reds are thought to be keen on the 19-year-old Ivory Coast international, who has scored seven Bundesliga goals so far this season, but the Merseysiders will wait to make their play due to some uncertainty over his personal situation. RB Leipzig reportedly value Diomande at €100 million (£87.15m/$118m), with the German side not looking to sell him unless a truly lucrative offer arrives.

  2. Former club drop Vinicius transfer bombshell amid Saudi links

    The president of Flamengo has revealed his club's stance on re-signing Real Madrid star Vinicius Junior as speculation continues to surround the future of the Brazil international. The forward's contract at the Santiago Bernabeu expires next year and he looked unlikely to pen an extension during Xabi Alonso's brief spell in charge of Los Blancos. Now, Luiz Eduardo Baptista has admitted his side can't commit to a deal with Vinicius any time soon.

  3. Lionel Messi & sons get special gift from Neymar

    Neymar and Santos have sent signed No.10 shirts to Lionel Messi and his sons, Thiago, Mateo and Ciro, highlighting the two stars' favoured shirt number. The duo starred together at Barcelona and later linked up again at French giants Paris Saint-Germain and they have remained good friends ever since. A social post from Santos praised both Messi and Neymar alongside all-time Brazil great Pele.

  4. Man Utd make shock Maguire contract decision ahead of expiry

    Harry Maguire is "increasingly likely" to sign a new contract with Manchester United after resurrecting his career under interim manager Michael Carrick. The England international's contract is due to expire in the summer but he has impressed in recent weeks, forming an effective centre-back partnership with Lisandro Martinez in the Red Devils defence. The 32-year-old has been given a route back into the United team due the recent injury suffered by Matthijs de Ligt.

  5. Bayern 'convinced' over Kane renewal despite cryptic update

    Bayern Munich are said to be "convinced" England captain Harry Kane will sign a new contract with them despite rumours of a potential transfer to the Premier League or Saudi Pro League. The striker left Tottenham in 2023 to join the Bavarian giants and has been a big hit in Germany, scoring 123 goals for Bayern in less than three seasons. However, his current contract is due to expire in 2027 and is said to contain a clause which could see Kane leave this summer for just £57 million ($78m).

  6. Salah in talks with Saudi giants over summer transfer

    Mohamed Salah is reportedly in talks with Saudi Pro League giants Al-Ittihad over a potential move in the summer transfer window. The Egyptian has been a long-term target for Saudi Arabian clubs since the Public Investment Fund (PIF) first started pouring cash into the country's top league and Salah, who has endured a tetchy and difficult season at Liverpool, is wanted as their next marquee signing this year.

  7. Aluko accuses Woods of 'gaslighting' as public row escalates

    The public war of words between Eni Aluko and Laura Woods has continued, with the former England international hitting back at the ITV and TNT Sports presenter. Aluko has recently said her path towards punditry roles in the women's game has been blocked by England and Arsenal legend Ian Wright, leading to Woods quipping that "caps don't win automatic work". Now, Aluko has claimed Woods' comments have left her feeling "gaslit".

  8. Ronaldo left out of Al-Nassr squad again

    Cristiano Ronaldo has been left out of Al-Nassr's squad for their clash with Al-Ittihad on Friday night. The Portuguese legend's relationship with the Saudi Pro League appears to be in ruins, with the former Real Madrid and Manchester United star reportedly threatening to quit and leave after the Public Investment Fund facilitated a transfer for Karim Benzema from Al-Ittihad to Al-Hilal, the latter of whom are Al-Nassr's direct rivals for the league title this season.