Manchester United are ready to kickstart their summer transfer business with the impending arrival of Cristian Orozco. The Red Devils have reportedly scheduled a medical for the Colombian wonderkid as they look to finalise a deal that has been months in the making.
Liam Rosenior is on the verge of a return to the technical area as he prepares to take over the reins at Ligue 1 outfit Paris FC. The former Chelsea head coach has been out of work since his brief and difficult tenure at Stamford Bridge came to a disappointing end earlier this year.
Arsenal striker Gabriel Jesus has openly fuelled intense speculation linking him with a summer move to Juventus and AC Milan, confessing to a childhood dream of playing in Italy. Breaking his silence after being dropped by Brazil for the World Cup, the 29-year-old delivered a remarkably honest assessment of his campaign, admitting he fully agreed with Carlo Ancelotti's decision.
Alexander Isak remains a “magical player”, former Sweden international Stefan Schwarz has told GOAL, with the Liverpool striker being told what he needs in order to prove as much at Anfield. With a record-breaking price tag hanging around his neck, the former Newcastle frontman endured an injury-ravaged debut campaign on Merseyside that delivered just four goals.
Chelsea have launched a sensational attack on Enzo Maresca following the Italian's official unveiling as the new Manchester City manager. In an unprecedented move, the Blues released a scathing club statement that pointedly refused to even mention their former head coach by name after he agreed to succeed Pep Guardiola at the Etihad Stadium.
Iker Casillas has attempted to put aside his historic tension with Jose Mourinho after seeing the ex-Chelsea and Inter boss return to Real Madrid for a second spell. The legendary Blancos goalkeeper has issued a blunt statement on the appointment as Mourinho begins work ahead of the 2026-27 campaign.
The Golden Boot may not always lead to team success, but the race for the individual award this summer might be one of the most compelling in recent memory
Arsenal icon Cesc Fabregas is set for an emotional homecoming this summer after it was confirmed his Como side will travel to north London for a pre-season friendly. The former Gunners captain will lead the Italian outfit out at the Emirates Stadium on August 12 as both sides ramp up their preparations for the 2026-27 campaign.
Manchester City have officially entered a new era after confirming Enzo Maresca as their new head coach on a three-year deal. The former Chelsea boss has arrived at the Etihad Stadium to take on the monumental task of succeeding Pep Guardiola following the Spaniard's legendary decade-long reign.
Leeds United have been advised against inviting offers for USMNT star Brenden Aaronson, with Matt Kilgallon explaining to GOAL why the American forward was “like Lionel Messi” at times last season after finding his feet in English football. The all-action playmaker has finally won over a sceptical fan base at Elland Road, but is entering the final year of his contract.
Arsenal striker Viktor Gyokeres has broken his silence regarding his future at the club following reports that the club could use him as a makeweight to sign Atletico Madrid star Julian Alvarez. The Sweden international enjoyed a title-winning debut season in north London but now finds his place under scrutiny as Mikel Arteta looks to evolve his attacking options.
Juan Mata has completed a formal agreement to purchase a minority stake in A-League giants Melbourne Victory, further cementing his ties to Australian football. The deal also sees the ex-Man Utd star appointed as the chair of a newly established football committee, though he is yet to confirm if he will hang up his boots for good.
Everyone associated with Nottingham Forest is desperate to see the club continue to call the City Ground home for the foreseeable future. Peter Shilton knows how special that venue is, but has told GOAL why he - along with supporters and prominent boardroom members - will be wrestling with “wrench” and “necessity” emotions in an era of rising matchday revenues.
The relationship between Julian Alvarez and Atletico Madrid has reached a breaking point, with manager Diego Simeone reportedly losing patience with the Argentine forward. Following a series of public hints regarding a potential move to Barcelona, the Atleti boss is now ready to sanction an exit for a player who no longer seems committed to the cause at the Metropolitano.
Manchester United’s class of 2026 are not yet ready to compete for the Premier League title, Gary Pallister has told GOAL, but Michael Carrick is being credited with returning two crucial qualities to Old Trafford. The Red Devils surged back into the top four last season, securing Champions League qualification, and are in the hunt for a first domestic crown since 2013.
Chelsea midfielder Moises Caicedo has officially been named the new captain of Ecuador after Enner Valencia made the shock decision to step down from the role mid-tournament. The veteran striker handed over the armband in an emotional ceremony following the nation's successful progression to the 2026 World Cup knockout stages.
Former Manchester United striker Diego Forlan has delivered a blunt critique of Cristiano Ronaldo, claiming the legendary forward is currently a hindrance to Portugal’s World Cup ambitions. Despite leading his nation into the knockout stages, the 41-year-old’s performances have sparked debate among pundits and former colleagues alike.
Former England internationals Gary Neville and Ian Wright have voiced their serious "concern" for Bukayo Saka’s physical condition as the Three Lions prepare for the business end of the 2026 World Cup. The Arsenal star has been managing a persistent injury that appears to be limiting his impact on the global stage.
Cole Palmer has been made aware of what he needs to do in order to become a “great player”, with Frank Leboeuf admitting to GOAL that the Chelsea star’s World Cup snub with England will feel like a “big slap in the face”. The enigmatic playmaker remains a match-winner at Stamford Bridge, but his numbers have dipped year on year after making a dazzling start to his spell in west London.
Kai Havertz has issued a defiant response to Gary Lineker after the England legend labeled the current German squad as "one of the weakest" in the nation’s history. The Arsenal forward insisted that Julian Nagelsmann’s side are blocking out the noise as they prepare for the 2026 World Cup knockout rounds in the United States.
The atmosphere for the World Cup round of 32 tie between Brazil and Japan heated up off the field after controversial statements from Kento Shiogai. Marquinhos, captain of the Brazilian national team, did not shy away from responding to comments from Shiogai questioning Neymar's current level and the Selecao's collective strength.
Manchester United legend Paul Scholes has called on Thomas Tuchel to make a ruthless selection call by dropping Declan Rice for England’s World Cup knockout campaign. The former midfielder believes the Three Lions must adopt a more aggressive tactical approach if they are to bridge the gap to tournament heavyweights like France and Argentina.
Peter Shilton has explained to GOAL how VAR would have changed the course of history had it been around in 1986, as there would have been no ‘Hand of God’, individual wonder goal or World Cup win for Diego Maradona. Argentina’s mercurial No.10 quite literally carried his nation to global glory single-handedly on Mexican soil, with his most memorable performance being delivered against England at the quarter-final stage.
Jesse Marsch has delivered a defiant response to any critics who might see his management style as "performative" after Canada secured their first-ever World Cup knockout win. The former Leeds United boss was seen delivering an emotional huddle speech on the pitch following the dramatic round of 32 victory over South Africa.
Brian Brobbey would be a “great signing for Manchester United”, former Sunderland defender Matt Kilgallon has told GOAL, with a £50 million ($66m) transfer making sense for all concerned. The powerful Netherlands international striker is currently on 2026 World Cup duty, but he is now Premier League proven and could be on the move at club level before the latest window closes.
Manchester United starlet Kai Rooney has sent a clear message to his followers as he prepares to return to action following a frustrating period on the sidelines. The teenage sensation took to Instagram to share vibrant holiday snaps, proving he has been working tirelessly on his fitness while recharging his batteries.