Birmingham City have been outlining their exciting vision for the future of the club, and that could include bringing home-grown superstar Jude Bellingham back to his roots. England international Bellingham left his boyhood team in 2020 when joining Borussia Dortmund, and is now on the books of Real Madrid. He could retrace steps to the West Midlands at some stage.
Arsenal legend Ian Wright believes England is "not ready for a black superstar" like Jude Bellingham amid a wave of ongoing criticism for the midfielder. The Real Madrid star has endured limited game time for the Three Lions in recent months and was criticised for his reaction to being substituted in Albania. Now, however, ex-striker Wright has leapt to the defence of the 22-year-old.
Former Real Madrid and Chelsea midfielder Claude Makelele has stepped down from the Miss Universe judging panel just days before the event in Thailand amid allegations that the competition is rigged. The ex-France international was named as a judge for the event last month as he swapped the football pitch for the runway, but has now decided to quit the position.
Thibaut Courtois admits that Cristiano Ronaldo has “more of a winning mentality” than current Real Madrid talisman Kylian Mbappe. The Blancos’ free-scoring No.10 is, however, considered to be working on that side of his game. In time, the French forward could go on to enjoy a similar standing at Santiago Bernabeu to that which Portuguese GOAT Ronaldo continues to boast.
Thibaut Courtois admits that Lamine Yamal “lit a bit of a fire” under the latest Clasico clash between arch-rivals Real Madrid and Barcelona. Said contest took place at Santiago Bernabeu on October 26. Ugly scenes unfolded at the end of a 2-1 victory for the hosts, with teenage wonderkid Yamal attracting plenty of attention during the post-match skirmishes.
Kylian Mbappe’s withdrawal from France’s squad due to ankle inflammation has ignited controversy once again after the Real Madrid star was spotted in Dubai during the international break. Instead of returning to Madrid for medical checks, the forward spent several days at a luxury hotel and visited a local padel club, reopening old debates in France about his absences.
Toni Kroos admits he understands the criticism over his former Real Madrid team-mate Vinicius Jr’s behaviour on the pitch, saying the forward’s hot-headed antics can be “annoying”. The Germany icon has weighed in on the conversation surrounding the winger, who issued an apology to Los Blancos’ supporters after reacting angrily to being substituted in last month’s El Clasico with Barcelona.
Former Real Madrid striker Mariano Diaz believes a move to Lyon could be the best step for Endrick if the Brazilian leaves the club in January, saying regular minutes matter more than staying on the bench at the Bernabeu. Mariano, who made the same move in 2017 after struggling for game time, says there is "life beyond" Madrid.
La Liga president Javier Tebas has hit out at Real Madrid for hosting an NFL game at the Santiago Bernabeu, accusing the club of hypocrisy after leading the protest against Barcelona’s proposed league fixture against Villarreal in Miami. Tebas said Madrid fought the idea 'as a crusade of integrity," yet welcomed the NFL to their iconic stadium.
Real Madrid’s teen sensation Franco Mastantuono has weighed into the GOAT debate and risked the wrath of the Bernabeu faithful by claiming former Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi deserves that title, not Cristiano Ronaldo. Messi and Ronaldo have traded titles and accolades at the world’s biggest clubs and at international tournaments for years, but Mastantuono believes his Argentina colleague has the edge as the finest player in history.
Franco Mastantuono has admitted that Lamine Yamal is currently winning the battle of the Clasico teenagers, but warns he is still developing following his arrival from River Plate in the summer. The Argentine has now spoken openly about his struggles with the pubalgia injury that has disrupted him in recent weeks and has also been troubling Barcelona’s Yamal.
James Maddison dressed his eldest son, Leo, up in a Jude Bellingham Real Madrid kit. In a pair of wholesome snapshots taken at home, Maddison's boy throws his arms wide in pure, unfiltered delight while wearing a blue Real Madrid third strip, complete with the midfielder’s name and the iconic No.5 plastered across the back.
Como coach Cesc Fabregas believes that Argentine midfielder Nico Paz should not be restricted, describing him as an incredible talent. The former Barcelona and Arsenal midfielder compared Paz to a magician on the pitch, saying he can pull a trick out of his hat at any moment, which is why he should never be “caged”.
Florentino Perez has moved to reshape Real Madrid’s financial future, preparing to sell a 10% stake through a newly created commercial company after already securing €360 million from Bernabeu-related profits. The president outlined the plan to club members, insisting it will “protect us as an institution” and allow Madrid to raise funds without becoming a public limited sports company.
One of the best midfielders of his era, perhaps the greatest crosser of a football ever and a free-kick taker to rival the best the game has ever produced, David Beckham was a special player to say the least. And yet due to his off-field impact, one of the sport's great champions of the past 30 years is generally forgotten when it comes to referencing the true legends of the game.
Legendary former Real Madrid centre-forward Karim Benzema, who spent the dressing room with Los Blancos head coach Xabi Alonso for five seasons between 2009 and 2014, revealed that he likes the "style of play" implemented by the Spanish manager. Alonso succeeded the iconic Carlo Ancelotti in the dugout at the end of last season and has got off to a good start.
Kylian Mbappe’s feud with Paris Saint-Germain has exploded into one of football’s most expensive courtroom battles, with the Real Madrid star now demanding more than €260 million in compensation. PSG have countered with an even bigger €440m claim, as both sides accuse each other of breaches of contract, bad faith and unfair treatment in a case now before a Paris labour court.
Miami Dolphins star Jack Jones delivered a nod to Real Madrid legend Cristiano Ronaldo when gracing the latest NFL International Series game. Said contest took place at Santiago Bernabeu - a venue that Portuguese GOAT Ronaldo once illuminated. Jones took centre stage on this occasion and broke out CR7’s iconic ‘Siuuu’ celebration when delivering his own moment of match-altering brilliance.
Legendary former Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema has opened up on the possibility of a return to the club, with the Frenchman claiming that he can "never say no" to club president Florentino Perez. Benzema didn't rule out a reunion with his former employers, where he enjoyed a glorious 14-year spell before leaving for Al-Ittihad in the summer of 2023.
Former Real Madrid and France striker Karim Benzema has heaped praise on Kylian Mbappe's performance, but at the same time, he has acknowledged that he needs more support from his teammates. After emerging as the top goal-scorer in La Liga last term, the French forward has been in steaming form this season, already topping the scoring charts.
NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has confirmed that a game will return to Spain in the foreseeable future. The Santiago Bernabeu, home of La Liga giants Real Madrid, hosted the meeting between the Miami Dolphins and the Washington Commanders on Sunday, in which Miami claimed a 16-13 overtime win in the final international game of the 2025 season.
A renovated Santiago Bernabeu has played host to the first-ever NFL match played at the stadium, helping to elevate its status to a multi-purpose stadium and, Impressed with the revamped stadium, UEFA are reportedly planning to host a Champions League final at the Bernabeu in the near future.
Liverpool defender Ibrahima Konate admits that transfer speculation has left him in a “tight spot”, with questions continuing to be asked of how long he will remain at Anfield. The France international defender is into the final year of his contract, meaning that he could hit free agency in the summer of 2026. La Liga giants Real Madrid are being credited with interest.
For two seasons, signing Arda Guler looked like it might have been a mistake by Real Madrid. There were, in fact, reports that they really didn't want him in the first place, and that he was instead only brought to Santiago Bernabeu because Barcelona were so keen on signing 'The Turkish Messi' from Fenerbahce. Fast-forward, though, and that assumption now seems massively misguided.
Manchester City are reportedly prepared to challenge European giants Real Madrid and Juventus for the signature of Elche wonderkid Rodrigo Mendoza. The Spain U21 international, who has a €20 million release clause, has attracted widespread interest following his eye-catching performances in La Liga, with Arsenal also reportedly in the picture.