Jude Summerfield

News writer & editor
Articles by Jude Summerfield
  1. Why Liverpool are stalling in push for €100m-rated Diomande

    Liverpool are holding off from making a transfer move for RB Leipzig star Yan Diomande due to contractual complications. The Reds are thought to be keen on the 19-year-old Ivory Coast international, who has scored seven Bundesliga goals so far this season, but the Merseysiders will wait to make their play due to some uncertainty over his personal situation. RB Leipzig reportedly value Diomande at €100 million (£87.15m/$118m), with the German side not looking to sell him unless a truly lucrative offer arrives.

  2. Former club drop Vinicius transfer bombshell amid Saudi links

    The president of Flamengo has revealed his club's stance on re-signing Real Madrid star Vinicius Junior as speculation continues to surround the future of the Brazil international. The forward's contract at the Santiago Bernabeu expires next year and he looked unlikely to pen an extension during Xabi Alonso's brief spell in charge of Los Blancos. Now, Luiz Eduardo Baptista has admitted his side can't commit to a deal with Vinicius any time soon.

  3. Lionel Messi & sons get special gift from Neymar

    Neymar and Santos have sent signed No.10 shirts to Lionel Messi and his sons, Thiago, Mateo and Ciro, highlighting the two stars' favoured shirt number. The duo starred together at Barcelona and later linked up again at French giants Paris Saint-Germain and they have remained good friends ever since. A social post from Santos praised both Messi and Neymar alongside all-time Brazil great Pele.

  4. Man Utd make shock Maguire contract decision ahead of expiry

    Harry Maguire is "increasingly likely" to sign a new contract with Manchester United after resurrecting his career under interim manager Michael Carrick. The England international's contract is due to expire in the summer but he has impressed in recent weeks, forming an effective centre-back partnership with Lisandro Martinez in the Red Devils defence. The 32-year-old has been given a route back into the United team due the recent injury suffered by Matthijs de Ligt.

  5. Bayern 'convinced' over Kane renewal despite cryptic update

    Bayern Munich are said to be "convinced" England captain Harry Kane will sign a new contract with them despite rumours of a potential transfer to the Premier League or Saudi Pro League. The striker left Tottenham in 2023 to join the Bavarian giants and has been a big hit in Germany, scoring 123 goals for Bayern in less than three seasons. However, his current contract is due to expire in 2027 and is said to contain a clause which could see Kane leave this summer for just £57 million ($78m).

  6. Salah in talks with Saudi giants over summer transfer

    Mohamed Salah is reportedly in talks with Saudi Pro League giants Al-Ittihad over a potential move in the summer transfer window. The Egyptian has been a long-term target for Saudi Arabian clubs since the Public Investment Fund (PIF) first started pouring cash into the country's top league and Salah, who has endured a tetchy and difficult season at Liverpool, is wanted as their next marquee signing this year.

  7. Aluko accuses Woods of 'gaslighting' as public row escalates

    The public war of words between Eni Aluko and Laura Woods has continued, with the former England international hitting back at the ITV and TNT Sports presenter. Aluko has recently said her path towards punditry roles in the women's game has been blocked by England and Arsenal legend Ian Wright, leading to Woods quipping that "caps don't win automatic work". Now, Aluko has claimed Woods' comments have left her feeling "gaslit".

  1. Ronaldo left out of Al-Nassr squad again

    Cristiano Ronaldo has been left out of Al-Nassr's squad for their clash with Al-Ittihad on Friday night. The Portuguese legend's relationship with the Saudi Pro League appears to be in ruins, with the former Real Madrid and Manchester United star reportedly threatening to quit and leave after the Public Investment Fund facilitated a transfer for Karim Benzema from Al-Ittihad to Al-Hilal, the latter of whom are Al-Nassr's direct rivals for the league title this season.

  2. 'Ridiculous!' - Liverpool branded 'suckers' for £60m Jacquet deal

    Liverpool have been branded "suckers" for deciding to fork out £60 million on young French defender Jeremy Jacquet. The Premier League champions usurped Chelsea in the race for the 20-year-old, who spent the second half of last season on loan at Ligue 2 side Clermont Foot, and he will arrive on Merseyside in the summer. Now, the Reds have been mocked for handing Rennes such a huge sum of cash for a young prospect.

  3. Yamal's on fire! Teen leads Barca into Copa semis

    Barcelona secured safe passage through to the semi-finals of the Copa del Rey with a 2-1 win over Segunda Division outfit Albacete on Tuesday. The Catalan giants were made to wait until the 39th minute before Lamine Yamal opened the scoring, and Ronald Araujo later netted the second of the night, though Javi Moreno's strike set up a nervy ending to the encounter.

  4. Former Ronaldo team-mate delivers Man Utd return verdict

    A former team-mate of Cristiano Ronaldo has delivered his verdict on the Portuguese legend potentially returning for a third spell at Manchester United. The 40-year-old has reportedly become unhappy at Al-Nassr, believing owners the Public Investment Fund (PIF) have favoured its other three teams ahead of his own. Ronaldo could seek a fresh move in the coming months as he targets hitting 1,000 career goals before he retires.

  5. Truth behind Mateta's failed AC Milan medical revealed

    The cause of Jean-Philippe Mateta's failed medical with Italian giants AC Milan has been revealed after the French striker's move away from Crystal Palace collapsed at the end of the January transfer window. The 28-year-old was keen to secure an exit from Selhurst Park and looked to be inching his way towards a switch to San Siro. However, issues became apparent during medical checks and Mateta remains a Palace player.

  6. Saudi Pro League's transfer plan for Salah revealed

    Mohamed Salah has reportedly emerged as Saudi Pro League side Al-Ittihad's number one priority to replace Karim Benzema. The Egyptian has long been a target for Saudi Arabian clubs and has endured a disappointing campaign so far, hitting out at Liverpool in December before jetting off to the Africa Cup of Nations. The 33-year-old signed a new contract with the Reds last April but his future is up in the air having only scored six club goals this season.

  7. Kante goes on STRIKE in attempt to force Fenerbahce transfer

    N'Golo Kante reportedly refused to turn up for training with Saudi Pro League side Al-Ittihad on Tuesday after a move to Turkish giants Fenerbahce collapsed. The France international was set to fly to Istanbul to wrap up the transfer, but an administrative error from Al-Ittihad apparently stopped the deal from going through. There is still a chance of the transfer being completed, with Turkiye's transfer window not closing until Friday, February 6.

  8. Injured Saka set to miss crucial run of Arsenal games

    Arsenal forward Bukayo Saka has been set a potential return date as he recovers from an injury which ruled him out of his side's Premier League clash with Leeds United on Saturday. The England international was included in Mikel Arteta's starting XI but appeared to suffer a groin complaint in the warm-up at Elland Road and was replaced in the Gunners team by Noni Madueke. Saka is not expected to feature in Arsenal's Carabao Cup semi-final second leg with Chelsea on Tuesday night but his club are optimistic that he won't be out of action for too long.