Are you 24 or older?

Help us verify your age by providing an honest response. This site contains gambling advertising for 24+.

Age-restricted content

You’re not old enough to view betting content. You’ll be redirected to the homepage.

alt
Cristiano Ronaldo Al Nassr 2025Getty

Cristiano Ronaldo seals Saudi stay! Portuguese superstar agrees one-year contract extension with Al-Nassr just days after celebrating 40th birthday

Article continues below

Article continues below

Article continues below

  • Ronaldo agrees to extend Al-Nassr stay
  • Will stay in the Saudi league until June 2026
  • Portuguese star turned 40 last week
Follow GOAL on WhatsApp! 🟢📱
  • WHAT HAPPENED?

    Ronaldo, who joined the Saudi giants in January 2023 on a two-and-a-half-year deal, would have seen his contract run out at the end of the 2024/25 campaign. However, an Al-Nassr official has reportedly told the AFP that the Portuguese star has agreed to extend his stay for another year and the new deal will run until June 2026.

  • Advertisement
  • WHAT HAS BEEN SAID

    Speaking AFP, the official said: "The sides have agreed on the renewable extension of Ronaldo's contract, but it has not been signed yet. An announcement will be made over the coming days."

  • Cristiano Ronaldo Al Nassr 2025Getty

    THE BIGGER PICTURE

    The news of Ronaldo's extension comes less than a week after he turned 40. The ex-Manchester United and Real Madrid star marked his milestone birthday with a goal against Al Feiha in a crucial Saudi Pro League clash on February 6 as Al-Nassr won the clash 3-0.

  • ENJOYED THIS STORY?

    Add GOAL.com as a preferred source on Google to see more of our reporting

    Add as preferred source on Google
  • Al Nassr v Al Fayha - Saudi Pro LeagueGetty Images Sport

    WHAT NEXT FOR AL-NASSR?

    Al-Nassr will be back in action on Thursday as they take on Al-Ahli in a league clash away from home.