De Bruyne has missed seven of City's eight league games this season with a knee injury but he returned to training before the international break and has spent the past fortnight working his way back to full fitness.
Man City Injuries
City's plan had been for De Bruyne to make his first league start of the season at Tottenham a week on Monday, but with Ilkay Gundogan ruled out with injury the Belgian could make his comeback sooner.
Bernardo Silva is also a doubt after missing the second of Portugal's two most recent matches, but he did train at City towards the end of the week.
Danilo recently returned to action but suffered a fresh ankle injury while with Brazil in midweek, although Fabian Delph is ready to return.
Claudio Bravo is out until 2019 with an Achilles injury.
Man City Suspensions
Neither side have any suspensions.
Man City Potential Starting Line-Up
Benjamin Mendy returned to the XI at Anfield, meaning Pep Guardiola will be able to shake up his formation if he feels the need. Guardiola has used a variety of different shapes whenever Mendy is fit, particularly in home games, meaning City fans could be in for something new on Saturday.
That, however, is almost impossible to predict, so let's stick with something resembling a 4-3-3.
Aymeric Laporte is likely to start at centre-back, given he has played every Premier League minute so far this season - the only City outfield player to do so. John Stones played well at Anfield but Nicolas Otamendi or Vincent Kompany are more likely to partner Laporte given Burnley's aerial threat.
The midfield would pick itself if De Bruyne is fit and Bernardo Silva and Gundogan are ruled out, even if it means De Bruyne playing for an hour. That could provide an opportunity for Phil Foden to come on late in the game.
Guardiola demonstrated his trust in Riyad Mahrez by starting him at Anfield and the Algerian could be in line to start again, although with Mendy available and likely to be charged with getting further forward than he did on Merseyside, Guardiola could elect to play Gabriel Jesus alongside Sergio Aguero.
Leroy Sane has not tended to play while Mendy is at left-back, despite Guardiola's insistence that they can both feature at the same time.
Burnley Team News
Sean Dyche has close to a full squad for the game at the Etihad Stadium.
Stephen Ward (knee) and Ben Gibson (hernia) have been ruled out, although James Tarkowski is expected to shake off a groin problem.
Nick Pope has returned to training over the international break following his early season shoulder injury but is not ready for first-team action, with Joe Hart set to make his first appearance at the Etihad Stadium since leaving the club permanently in the summer.
TV Coverage and Kick-Off Time
Kick off is 3:00pm BST (10:00am ET) on Saturday. The game will not be shown live on television in the United Kingdom, but is available on NBC in the United States, and on various channels around the world.
Opta Match Facts
- Manchester City have won four of their eight Premier League games against Burnley (P8 W4 D3 L1), including each of their last two at the Etihad.
- Burnley are winless in 14 away league visits to Man City (P14 W0 D6 L8) since winning at Maine Road in March 1963 in a top-flight encounter.
- This will be the 100th meeting between Man City and Burnley in all competitions – City have won 44 of the previous 99, with 25 draws and 30 wins for the Clarets since their first meeting in October 1897.
- Manchester City are unbeaten in their last 33 Premier League games kicking off at 3pm on a Saturday (W29 D4). If they avoid defeat here, they’ll set a new record for longest unbeaten run at that timeslot in the competition.
- No side has a better win rate in Premier League games against reigning top-flight champions than Burnley do, with the Clarets having won four of their eight such games (Bournemouth and Manchester United also with 50% win rates).
- Man City’s Raheem Sterling has been involved in 14 goals in his last 12 Premier League appearances at the Etihad (9 goals, 5 assists), scoring in all three of his home league games this season.
- Man City striker Sergio Aguero has scored six goals in six games against Burnley in all competitions, scoring in each of his three appearances against the Clarets at the Etihad (four goals).