Antonio Conte has told the press that he is still "happy to work" at Chelsea amid talk that the Italian is displeased by the club's transfer policy.
Conte had made it clear with recent comments that he "does not have a big impact" on the transfer market, having seen the likes of fan favourite Nemanja Matic sold without much in the way of reinforcements being brought in over the summer, while both Manchester clubs spent big in order to challenge for the Premier League title.
As such, the manager's long-term future had been brought into question , with many already speculating who will take over at Stamford Bridge in the summer. Conte, however, has tried to calm the waters.
“That [my future] is not something I want to discuss with you,” the 48-year-old told the press on Friday, “Nothing has changed.
“I am happy to work with my players and for this club.”
Whether Conte is merely attempting to appease those above him in the club hierarchy will remain to be seen until the summer, though fans and pundits alike have been calling for the club to perform better in recruitment windows, with even club legend Frank Lampard expressing fears that his former side are being left behind .
Nevertheless, the Blues boss remained on message when addressing the press on Friday, insistent that he will do his utmost to get the best out of the players he has at his disposal.
“I think it is right to have this type of situation," Conte went on.
“I am repeating the same things, I am the coach and my task is to do the best for the club and try to improve these players.
“The players are happy because they want to play and play every game."
Chelsea return to action on Sunday when they host Newcastle United in the FA Cup. Kick off is at 1330 UK.