Former Manchester United midfielder Kleberson has told GOAL why current Paris Saint-Germain boss Luis Enrique would be the perfect candidate to fix an Old Trafford “rollercoaster”. The Red Devils are in the market for a new boss after sacking Ruben Amorim, and the Premier League giants are being urged to go all in for a Champions League-winning coach.
Bruno Fernandes has reportedly made a definitive decision on his Manchester United future with another transfer window open. It has been revealed that the Portuguese midfielder, who continues to generate talk of interest from the Saudi Pro League, has a £57 million ($76m) release clause in his contract that can be triggered by teams outside of the Premier League.
Manchester United suffered more humiliation on the back of their FA Cup third-round defeat to Brighton, with it being revealed that Bruno Fernandes’ X account was hacked. The Portuguese playmaker, who is club captain at Old Trafford, played the full 90 minutes of the 2-1 loss to the Seagulls. Bizarre posts appeared on one of his social channels a few hours later, including an anti-INEOS message, but he was not responsible for their sharing.
Bruno Fernandes' Manchester United team-mates 'fear' the Portuguese has had enough of the turmoil going on at Old Trafford and will quit the Red Devils for pastures new after the World Cup this summer. The 31-year-old previously claimed he was "hurt" and "sad" that the club were willing to sell him last year and team-mates reportedly would not blame him if he were to move on at the end of the season.
Bruno Fernandes is set to return from injury when Manchester United face Burnley on Wednesday in their first game since head coach Ruben Amorim was sacked. Former United midfielder Darren Fletcher is taking charge of the game as interim coach and he confirmed that the captain is in contention to play for the first time after suffering a muscle injury at Aston Villa on December 21.
In an interview with The Business podcast released on October 9, Manchester United part-owner Sir Jim Ratcliffe vowed that Ruben Amorim would get "three years to demonstrate he is a great coach", while stressing the need for patience in the club's "long-term plan". Yet here we are, barely three months later, and Amorim has been unceremoniously kicked out of Old Trafford, with United having communicated their belief that "it is the right time to make a change" in order to "give the team the best opportunity of the highest possible Premier League finish".
Manchester United players have jumped onto social media channels to thank Ruben Amorim and wish him well for the future after he was sacked in dramatic fashion during an early-morning meeting with club bosses. And while there was clearly lots of warmth towards the exiting manager from most of the squad, there was silence from a few other notable United stars.
Manchester United have been told that Antoine Semenyo could become another Cristiano Ronaldo or David Beckham for them, with the Ghana international poised to leave Bournemouth in the January transfer window. The Red Devils form part of that £65 million ($87m) race, and Dwight Yorke has urged them to pip Premier League rivals to a much sought-after signature.
January is often described as the grimmest month of the year, but it can also be a time of renewal, a moment to make a fresh start. And for football clubs, the opening of the January transfer window provides an opportunity for clubs to breathe new life into their disappointing campaigns and invest for the future.
Ruben Amorim has praised Bruno Fernandes for his exemplary attitude while he is out injured. The Manchester United captain suffered a soft tissue injury against Aston Villa, ruling him out for the busy festive period. He still attended United's 1-0 win over Newcastle and Amorim said he continues to take a deep interest in the team, watching training sessions after doing his recovery work.
As we head into Christmas, it's time to review the Premier League season so far. Each side has played 17 games out of 38 and we've got a good idea of who will be fighting for what this year. Arsenal boast a two-point lead at the top from Manchester City and a further one from Aston Villa, while Wolves already seem destined for relegation at a Derby-esque pace.
Manchester United boss Ruben Amorim has issued fitness updates on midfield pair Bruno Fernandes and Kobbie Mainoo ahead of their Boxing Day welcome of Newcastle. United kick off festivities on Friday night as they look to bounce back from their 2-1 defeat at Aston Villa on Sunday afternoon and get their top-four push back on track having claimed one from point from their last two games.
Manchester United's reported stance on Kobbie Mainoo's future has been revealed, with Ruben Amorim seeing his midfield options reduced further after a serious injury to Bruno Fernandes. The playmaker suffered what has been described as a "soft tissue" problem that forced him to come off at half-time in United's 2-1 defeat to Aston Villa. The injury is expected to sideline Fernandes for several weeks, while Mainoo missed the Villa game entirely due to a calf issue.
Pure excitement has been the theme of this Premier League season. Arsenal, Manchester City and Aston Villa are locked in a three-way title race while practically the rest of the division is competing for a European place. Indeed, the table is so crowded it feels more like the Championship than the top-flight, with back-to-back wins being all it takes to propel teams from 15th to the top five.
Manchester United are a better footballing side under Ruben Amorim, that is undeniable. They move the ball far quicker and with a purpose that was largely lacking under the Portuguese manager's bumbling predecessor Erik ten Hag, whose poor decision-making set the club back years. Fans are getting proper entertainment in exchange for their money and time again, which means Amorim has hit the minimum requirement 13 months into his reign.
Ruben Amorim fears Manchester United are going to “struggle” after club captain Bruno Fernandes was added to their list of absentees, but the Portuguese will not be demanding that club bosses make funds available in the January transfer window. Instead, in a bleak warning to supporters, the Red Devils are planning to battle through with what they have.