Atletico set to sign Guimarares
Atletico Madrid are close to completing a deal to sign Brazilian midfielder Bruno Guimarares from Athletico Paranaense, reports Marca.
Diego Simeone's side will pay around €30 million (£25m/$33m) for the 22-year-old, who could join in January but is more likely to arrive in the summer.
Copa Libertadores winners Flamengo were also interested in Guimarares, prompting Atletico to step up their interest in the midfielder.
Haaland release clause revealed
RB Salzburg forward Erling Haaland has a €20 million (£17m/$22m) release clause in his contract, according to Bild via Calciomercato.
The Norway international is one of Europe's most in-demand strikers after scoring 27 goals in just 20 appearances for the Austrian side so far this season and that low release clause is only likely to fuel interest in his services.
Juventus and Manchester United are among the clubs linked with a move for the 20-year-old.
Inter Miami make offer for River star
Inter Miami have made a bid for River Plate midfelder Exequiel Palacios, reports Radio Continental.
The talented 21-year-old has played a key role in River's recent success that has seen the club reach back-to-back Copa Libertadores finals, with Marcelo Gallardo's side lifting the trophy in 2018.
German outfit Bayer Leverkusen have also been linked with a move for the Argentina international.
Atlanta announce Larentowicz signing
Guitan set for Boca transfer
Nicolas Gaitan looks set to return to former side Boca Juniors, despite being linked with moves to Aston Villa, West Ham United and Sheffield United recently.
In an interview with Portuguese outlet Record, Vice-President Christian Gribaudo confirmed the midfielder has agreed a deal to sign for Boca.
“I can confirm that we have a deal with Nico Gaitan, a club-trained player and our DNA. I am very happy to be able to say that he will be our player from January,” said Gribaudo.
Everton sack Silva
Everton have sacked manager Marco Silva after just 18 months in charge at Goodison Park.
The 42-year-old departs after Wednesday evening's 5-2 thrashing against Merseyside rivals Liverpool saw the club drop into the Premier League relegation zone.
Chicago Fire on the lookout for sporting director
Chicago Fire are in the process of hiring a new sporting director.
The Athletic claim the MLS side have hired an consulting firm to look for a potential candidate.
Fati's father rules out loan move
Ansu Fati’s father says the Barcelona youngster will not leave the club on loan in January.
“Why would he leave on loan? He is young, he has to be learning with the best,” he said.
“He knows he is still young. He is grounded with his head up and feet on the ground.
Pochettino to consider next move
Mauricio Pochettino will return to Europe next week as he considers his next move following his dismissal by Tottenham, according to Sky Sports.
The 47-year-old has been visiting family in his native Argentina following his sacking as Spurs boss last month.
A number of clubs have been linked with a move for Pochettino, including Tottenham's north London rivals Arsenal and Manchester United.
Diaz rejects loan move
Real Madrid midfielder Brahim Diaz has rejected a loan move to Getafe, according to Onda Cero via Daily Mail.
The 20-year-old has struggled for regular action since joining Los Blancos from Manchester City in January.
Getafe have offered him the chance to get some regular first-team football, but Diaz is not keen on the move.
Cincinnati sign veteran midfielder
FC Cincinnati have signed midfielder Haris Medunjanin.
The 34-year-old was the club's first selection in the end-of-year waivers draft last month.
Chelsea hold Zaha talks
Chelsea are interested in signing Wilfried Zaha from Crystal Palace next summer, according to The Independent.
Chelsea’s director of football Marina Granovskaia is believed to have held talks with agent Federico Pastorello over a possible move for the Ivory Coast winger.
Zaha was heavily linked with a move to Arsenal and Everton last summer but ultimately stayed at Selhurst Park.
Gallardo staying at River
Marcelo Gallardo will stay on as River Plate boss and fulfill his contract until 2021, according to Diario Sport.
The 43-year-old is River's most successful manager having won 10 trophies during his five years in charge, including two Copa Libertadores.
That led to speculation he could move a high profile move to Europe, but the former Argentina international will remain in Buenos Aires until the end of his contract.
'Bale too good for China'
Steve McManaman has urged Gareth Bale not to move to China if his Real Madrid career does prove to be over.
The Welshman has long been linked with a Real exit as he struggles to win favour with the club's fans and head coach Zinedine Zidane.
China had been mooted as a possible destination for the former Tottenham man, but McManaman hopes that he returns to the Premier League if he is to leave the Spanish capital.
Everton chief holds players meeting
Everton owner Farhad Moshiri addressed a meeting with the club's players after training on Thursday with manager Marco Silva on the brink of the sack, reports Sky Sports News.
Moshiri travelled up from London to discuss Silva's future with the rest of the board in wake of Wednesday's 5-2 defeat against Merseyside rivals Liverpool that left Everton in the Premier League relegation zone.
Goal understands former boss David Moyes is in contention to make a shock return to Goodison Park if the Toffees decide to make a change.
Conte confirms he snubbed Roma
Inter boss Antonio Conte has revealed that he turned down an offer to take over at Roma.
The approach, led by then-director at the club Francesco Totti, was made prior to the Italian making the move to Inter.
But Conte claims that he decided against the move as it wasn't the right time, with the former Chelsea boss eventually making the move to the Nerazzurri ahead of the 2019-20 campaign.
Solskjaer sack talk rubbished by McTominay
Scott McTominay isn't paying attention to media speculation over Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's future amid reports he could be sacked.
Speculation is rife that the Norwegian could be moved on at Old Trafford, with Mauricio Pochettino having been linked with the top job at the club.
But McTominay insists that the players "love" Solskjaer and that they're not listening to any rumours that may have been surfacing in the press.
Ljungberg offers backing to Pepe
Real Salt Lake made Kreis u-turn
Jason Kreis was reportedly offered the Real Salt Lake job only for the club's owners to retract the decision, ESPN journalist Taylor Twellman is reporting.
Freddy Juarez was announced as the new manager on December 3 although Kreis was apparently in line to take over before that offer was pulled, after the USMNT U-23 coach offended the club's decision makers with a counter offer.
Haaland has £17m release clause
Erling Haaland, who has been linked with big-money moves to leading sides across Europe, is said to have a release clause in his Red Bull Salzburg contract of just £17 million ($22m).
German publication Bild have made that claim, with the likes of Manchester United now said to be stepping up their efforts to put a January deal in place.
Burnley & Blades eye non-league star
Burnley and Sheffield United are monitoring teenage sensation Paddy Lane, according to Football Insider.
The 18-year-old has been starring for Hyde United and could be offered a step up to the Premier League from the Northern Premier League.
Man City meet with Dembele representatives
Blues keen on Barcelona star
Manchester City officials have met with representatives of Barcelona winger Ousmane Dembele, reports El Desmarque.
The France international has been linked with a move away from Camp Nou for some time, with Paris Saint-Germain and Chelsea also said to be keen on securing his services.
Bale back to Spurs?
Atletico agree £25m Guimaraes deal
Atletico Madrid have a £25 million ($33m) agreement in place for Athletico Paranaense midfielder Bruno Guimaraes, claims Marca.
The 22-year-old is said to have rejected the offer of a new contract at his current club, paving the way for a January move to be made.
Watford leading loan race for Wickham
Watford are leading the race to take Conor Wickham on loan from Crystal Palace, according to The Telegraph.
The 26-year-old forward will be allowed to leave Selhurst Park in January as he looks to find regular game time, with Nottingham Forest also said to be keen on doing a deal.
Arsenal join battle for Adeyemi
Arsenal have joined Liverpool and Barcelona in the transfer scramble for Karim Adeyemi, according to Sport.
The 17-year-old has been catching the eye during a loan spell at Liefering, with parent club RB Leipzig now bracing themselves for bids from leading sides across Europe.
Ibrahimovic's return to Milan in doubt
Zlatan Ibrahimovic's proposed move to AC Milan is back in doubt, claims Calciomercato, due to the Swede's salary demands.
The veteran striker was expected to complete a return to San Siro after severing ties with MLS side the LA Galaxy, but no deal has been agreed as yet.
Milan & Prem side want Sousa
Bordeaux boss Paulo Sousa's situation is being closely monitored by AC Milan and an unnamed Premier League side, l'Equipe claims.
It is said that Roma were keen to sign the former Portugal internation for their dugout before hiring Paulo Fonseca but ultimately failed in their attempts.
Now, Milan have added Sousa to their list of potential replacements for Stefano Pioli, while there could also be interest from the English top flight.
Everton poised to part with Silva
Everton are poised to sack Marco Silva following their Merseyside derby humiliation, with David Moyes primed for a surprise return to Goodison Park.
Sources have told Goal that Everton will hold a board meeting on Thursday, at which the manager’s position will be top of the agenda. It looks increasingly unlikely that Silva will be in charge for Saturday’s home game with Chelsea.
And it is understood that Kenwright’s preference would be for Moyes to be installed on a short-term basis.
Foxes chasing Brest midfielder
Leicester City are interested in signing Brest defensive midfielder Ibrahima Diallo, according to l'Equipe.
It is said that the Foxes are keen to get the 20-year-old on board in the winter but that the Ligue 1 side will not allow him to leave in January.
Should Diallo eventually decide to leave France, Leicester could face competition with Sevilla, who have also been credited with an interest.
OM still keen to sell Strootman
Marseille will look to offload Kevin Strootman in the January transfer window, l'Equipe reports, having already tried to do so in the summer.
The Dutchman, who joined the club in 2018 for €28 million, has struggled to impress since arriving at the Stade Velodrome and his high wages only serve to further frustrate critics.
The 29-year-old is said to have a good relationship with coach Andre Villas-Boas but will be put on the market regardless.
Yates extends Forest deal
Arsenal to use Bellerin as Demiral makeweight
Arsenal are willing to include Hector Bellerin in a bid to prise Merih Demiral away from Juventus, according to Sport.
The Gunners are looking to edge in front of Manchester United when it comes to landing the highly-rated defender and are prepared to part with a Spanish full-back in order to sweeten the deal.
Sancho has no plans to leave Dortmund
Jadon Sancho is being heavily linked with the likes of Chelsea and Liverpool, but Sport Bild claims he has no intention of leaving Borussia Dortmund.
The England international was said to have grown frustrated at the German giants, with a January return to his homeland mooted as a result.
Madrid to include Vinicius in Mbappe bid
Blancos ready to raid PSG
Real Madrid are planning on including Vinicius Junior in any bid they make for Kylian Mbappe, claims AS.
The Liga giants have made the Paris Saint-Germain striker their top target and will look to use a Brazilian forward as a makeweight in a record-breaking swoop for a World Cup winner.
Man Utd table £21m bid for Kulusevski
Manchester United have joined the race for Atalanta midfielder Dejan Kulusevski, reports the Daily Star, with a £21 million ($28m) bid tabled.
The Sweden international is currently on loan at Parma and has seen his performances attract interest from Liverpool, Inter and Juventus.
Solskjaer to stay on at Man Utd?
Cavani's situation at PSG sad, admits Tuchel
Paris Saint-Germain head coach Thomas Tuchel said he is saddened by Edinson Cavani's situation as the out-of-favour forward struggles for game time.
Cavani – out of contract at the end of the season – came off the bench in PSG's 2-0 Ligue 1 victory against Nantes on Wednesday.Read the full story on Goal!
Silva in the dark over Everton future
Everton manager Marco Silva understands why questions are being asked about his position after seeing his side slump to a 5-2 defeat against Liverpool on Wednesday.
Boasting just one league win across their past six matches, pressure is building on Silva, who had no answers when asked about his future at the club.
Arsenal poised to recall Nketiah
Eddie Nketiah is set to have his time with Leeds cut short as Arsenal look to arrange a second loan spell in January, according to the Daily Mail.
The attacker has struggled for regular game time under Marcelo Bielsa and the Gunners are keen to get him more minutes elsewhere.
Bristol City are expected to be one the clubs that may look to secure the 20-year-old's services.
Real Salt Lake make Luiz move permanent
MLS side Real Salt Lake have exercised their option to sign Everton Luiz permanently from Serie A club SPAL.
The 31-year-old made 27 appearances for RSL last season as he impressed as a defensive midfielder.
Real Salt Lake are also eager to secure the return of club captain Kyle Beckerman, who is currently off contract.
Moyes and Cahill eyed by Everton
Everton are considering replacing Marco Silva with David Moyes and Tim Cahill, reports the Liverpool Echo.
With Moyes a frontrunner to replace Silva, former striker Cahill is also being looked at as a new assistant manager.
The Toffees have moved into the relegation zone after losing 5-2 against Liverpool on Wednesday night.
Napoli president denies reports he's set to sack Ancelotti
Aurelio De Laurentiis claims he "didn't call anyone" as the Napoli president dismissed speculation that he is poised to sack Carlo Ancelotti amid links to Gennaro Gattuso.
Rumours of a dressing-room revolt against Ancelotti have emerged, with former Milan boss Gattuso lined up as his potential replacement, while ex-Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri and Luciano Spalletti have also been touted.
But outspoken owner De Laurentiis – whose Napoli are seventh and 17 points off the pace in Italy's top flight – rejected reports Ancelotti is on the brink.Read the full story on Goal!
Arsenal-linked Simeone nearing Atletico exit
Gunners could make a move for Argentine tactician
Diego Simeone could part ways with Atletico Madrid after a frustrating start to the 2019-20 campaign - according to Marca via the Mirror.
The Argentine, who has been linked with the vacant permanent manager's role at Arsenal, looks set to leave Wanda Metropolitano after falling out of favour with the club's board in recent weeks.
Simeone has been in charge of Atletico since 2011, winning seven trophies in total including one La Liga title.
River Plate star Martinez wanted by MLS duo
LA Galaxy and Inter Miami are both interested in signing River Plate midfielder Ignacio Martinez - according to AS.
The 29-year-old played under current Galaxy coach Guillermo Barros Schelotto while on Gimnasia La Plata's books in 2011.
Martinez helped River reach the Copa Libertadores final earlier this month, where they suffered a 2-1 defeat against Flamengo.
Inter eager to sign Mertens
Inter are ready to launch a bid for Napoli forward Dries Mertens - as per the Daily Mail.
The Nerazzurri are eager to partner the 32-year-old with fellow Belgian Romelu Lukaku in attack at San Siro.
Mertens will become a free agent at the end of his current contract next summer, but Napoli may also be prepared to sanction his departure in January.
Martinez responds to Barca and Man City links
Lautaro Martinez is delighted to be delivering success for Inter and insists he is happy in Serie A despite reported interest from some of Europe's biggest clubs.
Argentina international Martinez has scored 13 goals in 19 games across all competitions for the Nerazzurri this season, already trumping his tally of nine strikes in his debut 2018-19 campaign.
The 22-year-old's goals have fired Inter to the top of Serie A, a point clear of Juventus after 14 matches.
Read the full story on Goal.
Rakitic linked with Atletico Madrid
Barcelona midfielder Ivan Rakitic is the subject of interest from Atletico Madrid - according to ESPN.
The Croatian has also been linked with a return to Sevilla, as he seeks a move away from Camp Nou to start playing regularly again.
Rakitic has only started two La Liga matches for Barca this season.