Leicester appoint new Head of Recruitment
Leicester City have confirmed Lee Congerton as their new Head of Senior Recruitment on their official website.
The 45-year-old enjoyed success in the same role at Celtic and has previously worked with Chelsea, Liverpool, Sunderland, Wrexham and Hamburg.
He has a working relationship with Brendan Rodgers from his time in Scotland and with Chelsea.
Bolton to lose Connell
Bolton look set to lose wonderkid Luca Connell amidst their financial difficulties, according to The Sun.
The 18-year-old holding midfielder, who can also operate at left-back, has made 12 appearances in all competitions this season.
He is out of contract at the end of this season and is free to move for just a compensation fee.
Tielemans expects Monaco return
Youri Tielemans has said that he expects to return to Monaco following his loan spell with Leicester City, according to VTMNieuws.
The Belgian midfielder has impressed at the King Power Stadium scored five goals and registered three assists in 12 Premier League appearances.
Rumours have emerged linking him with a permanent deal in England, but he may return to Ligue 1, where his parent club Monaco have endured a difficult season.
Foderingham to seek first-team football
Rangers goalkeeper Wes Foderingham has said that he is planning talks with manager Steven Gerrard over his future at the club, according to Sky Sports.
The 28-year-old has made just six appearances all season and does not want to remain back-up to first-choice stopper Allan McGregor.
He is line to start the Old Firm after McGregor was sent off late on against Hibernian.
Wimbledon release seven players
AFC Wimbledon have released seven players following their narrow League One survival.
Deji Oshilaja, Tom Soares and Andy Barcham depart, while Alfie Egan, Osaze Urhoghide, James O’Halloran and Kane Crichlow were the other players released.
Negotiations are ongoing with Will Nightingale, Kyron Stabana and Joe McDonnell, while Egli Kaja will train with the club after the expiry of his loan.
Man Utd monitoring Manolas
Manchester United are monitoring Roma defender Kostas Manolas, whose prospective move to Juventus has been put on hold, according to Corriere di Torino.
Juventus would reportedly prefer to sign Mattijs de Ligt or Raphael Varane instead and are exploring a deal for those two instead, with the Greek centre-back an option if they fail in their pursuit of the previous two.
As a result, Manchester United are among the clubs to have been put on alert, with Manolas reported to have a €36m (£31m/$40.5m) release clause.
Hoeness angry at Werner questions
Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness responded angrily to reporters asking him if he was watching RB Leipzig's Timo Werner on Saturday.
The striker has been linked with a move to Bavaria but Hoeness was reluctant to talk about the links after Bayern narrowly missed out on secuiring the Bundesliga title.
Valverde insists he has Barca backing
Barcelona head coach Ernesto Valverde insists he has the support of the club's president.
Valverde has led Barca to the La Liga title and a Copa del Rey final this term but speculation surrounds his future after the Catalan's shock defeat to Liverpool on Tuesday.
And Valverde admits he is still struggling to come to terms with that results.
'Ozil bleeds Arsenal', insists agent
Mesut Ozil's agent insists the former Germany international "bleeds Arsenal" and will stay at the Emirates until his contract expires.
The Gunners are reportedly keen to get Ozil off their books due to his £350,000-a-week wages.
But Dr Erkut Sogut told Turkish Football Ozil feels welcome in north London.
Bale left out of Real squad
Gareth Bale has been left out of the Real Madrid squad to face Real Sociedad amidst rumours Zinedine Zidane wants him sold.
The player's agent has said Bale wants to stay at Santiago Bernebeu regardless of his first-team opportunities.
Speculation he will leave Madrid this summer is growing, though.
Inter close in on €50m Rakitic
Inter are closing in on a €50 million (£43m/$56m) move for Barcelona midfielder Ivan Rakitic, Goal understands.
The Nerazzurri are desperate to mount a Serie A title challenge and see the Croatian as a step towards a squad that can compete with Juventus.
Rakitic has made 51 appearances in all competitions as Barcelona won La Liga, reached the semi-finals of the Champions League and are in the Copa del Rey final.
Sarri keen on Chelsea stay
Maurizio Sarri has reiterated his commitment to Chelsea amidst speculations surrounding his future, according to Gazzetta dello Sport.
The Blues boss has insisted he will not be returning to Italy, despite reports linking him with Roma.
The Italian is insistent he can coach this side into a team that matches his philosophy but admits he needs more time to work with the squad, particularly the defence.
Llorente to leave Real Madrid
Marcos Llorente is considering offers from a number of clubs as he seeks to leave Real Madrid, according to AS.
Arsenal, Manchester United, Sevilla and Atletico Madrid are among the clubs rumoured to be interested in the 24-year-old midfielder.
Llorente is reportedly more interested in a move away from Spain, putting Premier League sides Arsenal and United in pole position for his signature.
Silva to return to AC Milan
Andre Silva is set to return to AC Milan after his professionalism has been called into question at loan club Sevilla, Goal understands.
The striker hit the ground running, netting a hat-trick on his debut before going on to score seven goals in as many games, leading to reports that his €38 million (£33m/$43m) buy option would be activated.
However, a combination of poor form, injuries and reports of unprofessional behaviour appear to have damped the La Liga club's interest in the Portugal forward, and he looks set to return to parent club AC Milan at the end of the season.
Conte wants Lukaku at Inter
Antonio Conte has made Romelu Lukaku one of his top targets at Inter as he reportedly prepares to sign a contract at San Siro, claims the Mail.
Lukaku has fallen down the pecking order since Jose Mourinho's departure from Old Trafford.
The Belgian is apparently seen as a replacement for Mauro Icardi, who looks set to depart Inter.
Milan not willing to pay €35m Saint-Maximin fee
AC Milan will not meet Nice's €35 million (£30m//$39m) asking price for striker Allan Saint-Maximin, according to Calciomercato.
The Serie A side have been monitoring Saint-Maximin for a number of months and are reportedly set to open talks for the forward.
His current contract runs out in 2020, so Nice could be keen to cash in on the 22-year-old.
Allegri set for Juve talks
Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri has confirmed he will speak with the club's chairman, Andrea Agnelli, about his future this week.
The Italian's job has come under scrutiny since the Serie A side crashed out of the Champions League quarter-finals to Ajax.
Allegri insists he has an excellent rapport with Agnelli.
Former Tottenham youngster joins Brentford
Former Tottenham academy player Nick Tsaroulla has joined Brentford on a one-year deal, the Championship club have confirmed.
The 20-year-old left Spurs at the end of 2017-18 and moved to the Bees on a free transfer after a successful trial.
He will link up with Brentford's B Team.
PSG make De Gea offer
Paris Saint-Germain have submitted an offer for Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea, says French journalist Geoffroy Garetier.
Thomas Tuchel has already hinted PSG need to sign a world-class keeper this summer.
Gianluigi Buffon looks set to leave Parc des Princes while Alphonse Areola has shown inconsistent form in recent weeks.
Leicester appoint former Chelsea and Celtic scout
Buffon set to leave PSG
Gianluigi Buffon will dpart Paris Saint-Germain at the end of the season, claims Marca.
The goalkeeper joined on a one-year deal last summer with an option of a one-year extension, but the Parisians will not be taking that up.
Conte agrees three-year Inter deal
Antonio Conte has agreed to join Inter on a three-year contract, Tuttosport claims.
The former Juventus, Chelsea and Italy boss has emerged as the Nerazzurri's top candidate to replace Luciano Spalletti, having also considered Jose Mourinho.
They have held talks with the Italian, who will sign a deal worth around €10 million per season.
Watford & Newcastle in race for Oudin
Reims attacker Remi Oudin is the subject of a three-way battle between Watford, Newcastle and Fiorentina, L'Equipe says.
The 22-year-old has scored 10 times in 34 Ligue 1 appearances this season to attract interest from elsewhere. Reims are demanding €12 million (£10m/$13m) for the player, whose contract expires in 2021.
Pochettino wants €20m a year from Juventus
Mauricio Pochettino has told Juventus he wants a €20 million per year salary to take over as head coach next season, Corriere dello Sport claims.
The Argentine has been identified as a top candidate to succeed Massimiliano Allegri, after previous suitors Real Madrid and MAnchester United appointed new coaches.
But Pochettino has demanded a huge salary from the Serie A champions as he looks to capitalise on the interest.
PSG target Herrera leaving Man Utd
Manchester United have confirmed Ander Herrera will leave the club at the end of the season.
The midfielder's contract expires this summer and he has been linked with a move to Paris Saint-Germain.
Allardyce set for return to management?
Sam Allardyce could be on his way back to management with former club Bolton, The Sun reports.
Chinese group Shandong Luneng are lining up a takeover of the financially stricken team, who have been relegated to League One.
The potential owners want ex-England and West Ham boss Allardyce to take over and he may be willing to make a return to the game.
Tottenham ready €30m Andre Gomes bid
Premier League side also interested in Malcom
Tottenham will make a €30 million offer for Barcelona midfielder Andre Gomes in the next transfer window, so says Sport.
Gomes is on loan from Barcelona and is looking for his next move, with the London side eager to snap him up.
The club have already held talks with the 25-year-old and he wants to join Mauricio Pochettino's team, who are also interested in signing Malcom from the Catalan side.
Real Madrid step up chase for €45m Mendy
Real Madrid are closing in on the signing of Lyon left-back Ferland Mendy, Marca says.
The Spanish club have been interested in the 23-year-old for months as they see him as an ideal successor to Marcelo, while the France international would jump at the chance to join.
Madrid are also interested in his team-mate Tanguy Ndombele, but Manchester United star Paul Pogba is the bigger priority for midfield.
Inter plot bid for Man City's Danilo
Inter are eyeing a summer bid for Manchester City full-back Danilo, but will give Antonio Conte the final decision, Calciomercato claims.
The Italian side have already started talks with Danilo's agents over a four-year contract and the Premier League club are willing to sell him.
But Inter will wait until they confirm ex-Juventus and Chelsea boss Conte as their new coach and give him the final call on a move.
Several clubs battle for Ligue 1 midfielder
Nimes midfielder Téji Savanier is on the radar of several clubs after a strong season in Ligue 1, according to le10sport.
Multiple Ligue 1 sides, including Monaco, Saint-Etienne and Montpellier are after the 27-year-old.
However, Nimes will not sell easily, as they recently signed Savanier to a long-term deal through 2022.
Sancho turns down £100m Man Utd move
Jadon Sancho has no interest in a £100 million ($130m) move to Manchester United this summer, according to the Sun.
Multiple clubs in England and in Europe maintain an interest in the young star but Borussia Dortmund officials are certain he will stay another term.
Even if the winger were interested, Dortmund will reject all offers for him, as they view him as a key first-team player next season.
Weah chose U-20 World Cup over Scottish Cup final
Tim Weah's stay at Celtic was cut short because he preferred to remain with the United States U-20 World Cup team, rather than play in the Scottish Cup final, according to the Scottish Herald.
U.S. U-20 coach Tab Ramos agreed to let Weah return to Celtic and then rejoin the squad after their group stage opener, but the forward wished to remain with the youth national team.
Celtic boss Neil Lennon deemed that insufficient commitment to the club and ended Weah's loan prior to the club's Premiership final two games.
Man Utd passed on De Ligt due to weight concerns
The Red Devils believed family history could lead to problems for the teenager down the road
Manchester United ended their pursuit of Ajax star Matthijs de Ligt because of concerns over the centre-back's weight, according to ESPN.
The Red Devils were among the many teams interested in the 19-year-old prior to the season, but stopped their chase at the time because of concerns his family history could lead to weight issues.
While the club are again interested in De Ligt, they are not seen as favourites to land him with Barcelona seen as the most likely destination.
Tottenham to target Bolton teenager
Tottenham will be among the Premier League teams hoping to sign Bolton teenager Luca Connell with the team headed to administration, according to the Sun.
The 18-year-old Ireland youth international is out of contract this summer and can leave with his new club just paying a training compensation to Bolton.
Beyond Spurs, Everton, Wolves and Norwich are interested in Connell, while Southampton and Brighton had offers rejected in January.
Pochettino wants to discuss future with Levy
Mauricio Pochettino will delay talks with chairman Daniel Levy over his future as Tottenham manager until after next month's Champions League final and is demanding a 'clear' plan for the future.
Pochettino, previously linked with the Manchester United and Real Madrid jobs, hinted ahead of the match in Amsterdam that he would consider quitting the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium if his players pulled off a "miracle" and lifted the famous trophy.
And after keeping alive Tottenham's hopes of winning their first piece of European silverware since going all the way in the 1983-84 UEFA Cup, the 47-year-old fell short of committing himself to another season in north London until he meets face-to-face with Levy.
Late season success won't keep Hazard at Chelsea - Sarri
Maurizio Sarri is doubtful over whether Chelsea's top-four Premier League finish, qualification for the Champions League and place in the Europa Leaguefinal will help to keep Eden Hazard at his club.
Hazard is keen on a transfer to Real Madrid in a switch which he has publicly described as a 'dream move', which would allow him the chance to play under childhood idol Zinedine Zidane.
However, despite a chance at silverware in the Europa League and a guarantee of Champions League football next year, Sarri doesn't believe his side's late-season success will be a factor in Hazard's mind.
Juventus want Pochettino
A move for the Tottenham boss will not come cheaply
Juventus want to make Mauricio Pochettino their head coach if the Argentine leaves Tottenham, according to Corriere dello Sport.
It may cost the Serie A champions €20m (£17m.$22.5m) if they are to land their man, however.
The Spurs manager has previously been linked with Real Madrid and Manchester United, but both jobs have recently been handed to Zinedine Zidane and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, respectively.
Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd to battle for £60m Maguire
The Premier League trio are battling for the English centre-back's signature.
Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United are all interested in signing Leicester City defender Harry Maguire, valued at £60m (€69m/$78m), according to The Sun.
Chelsea's looming transfer ban may keep them out of the running unless it is overturned, while Arsenal will need to qualify for the Champions League will affect their ability to compete financially, although central defence is a problem area for the Gunners.
Manchester United have the financial clout to bid but Solskjaer appears to be looking primarily at lower-cost options. However, defence is a real issue for the Red Devils, too.
Bayern Munich look for medical clearance to sign Hudson-Odoi
Bayern Munich are still interested in signing Callum Hudson-Odoi from Chelsea but will look for doctors to sign off on him before committing to a purchase, according to Bild.
The 18-year-old winger was the subject of a failed bid from the Bavarian outfit but they want to be sure that he will recover from his ruptured Achilles, sustained against Burnley.
There was speculation that interest had cooled following the teenager's injury, but if he passes various checks then the reigning Bundesliga champions will look to come back in for Chelsea's newly-crowned Young Player of the Year.
No way back for Bale at Real Madrid
Bale's relationship with both Real Madrid fans and manager Zinedine Zidane is so fractured that it appears to be past the point of repair, according to AS.
The Welshman was left out entirely against Villarreal after failing to net in his previous seven league games.
However, Bale does not appear keen to leave the Spanish capital, and Los Blancos are struggling to find a buyer due to the forward's huge wages.
City to buy Joao Felix if they offload Jesus
Manchester City will look to sign Benfica wonderkid Joao Felix, but only if they can sell Gabriel Jesus, according to A Bola.
However, City are unwilling to match the teenage forward's staggering €120m (£104m/$135m) release clause.
Benfica, reluctantly, are aware that they will struggle to keep hold of their young star and will look to make as large a profit as they can, and may be willing to accept some players in part-exchange.
Solskjaer looking to re-work Man Utd squad with cheaper deals
Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is hoping to re-work his squad with cheaper deals and avoid big-money moves unless necessary, according to The Sun.
Paul Pogba, Romelu Lukaku and Angel DI Maria have all been purchased for massive fees as the club has sought to recover from Sir Alex Ferguson's retirement - a model the Norweigan is looking to move away from.
United are set for a major overhaul in the summer, with many senior stars either out of contract or linked with moves away from the club, but it appears that it will be talented youngsters rather than marquee signings that will replace them at Old Trafford.