Lampard addresses Zaha, Chilwell & Ake links
Chelsea have been linked with a number of reinforcements as they looks to solidify their position in the Premier League's top four after the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) announced that the club's ban had been cut in half, meaning the Blues are now free to spend in the winter transfer window.
Three of those most heavily linked have been Leicester City left-back Ben Chilwell, Bournemouth centre-back Nathan Ake and Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha.
Lampard was asked about the trio at his press conference on Friday and conceded that he is looking to improve his squad next month.
Leipzig boss Nagelsmann opens up on Haaland talks
RB Leipzig manager Julian Nagelsmann has confirmed he has had talks with in-demand Red Bull Salzburg forward Erling Braut Haaland, as transfer speculation continues to mount.
The 19-year-old Norwegian sensation is one of the most wanted men in world football, thanks in no small part to his eight goals in the Champions League group stage.
Manchester United are targeting him in the January transfer window, but are expected to face significant competition with the likes of Borussia Dortmund and Chelsea also linked with his signature.
Valverde hails 'historic' Pedro as talk of Barca return builds
Ernesto Valverde has described Pedro as a "historic" Barcelona player after the Chelsea winger claimed he would like to return to Camp Nou.
Pedro told Ser Catalunya this week that he would love to go back to the club where he won 20 major trophies, including five La Liga titles and three Champions Leagues, between 2008 and 2015.
The 32-year-old has only played four times in the Premier League under Frank Lampard this season and, with his contract expiring at the end of the season, it has been suggested the Spain international could be allowed to leave next month.
Giroud closing on Inter move
Olivier Giroud is reportedly closing on a move to Inter from Chelsea, according to L'Equipe.
The 33-year-old striker finds himself behind Tammy Abraham and Michy Batshuayi and would be afforded more game-time in Antonio Conte's two-striker system.
Inter are thought to be close to an agreement with the player over personal terms, while Lyon cannot afford his wages and Crystal Palace are a less glamorous option.
Milner pens new Liverpool deal
James Milner has signed a new three-year contract with Liverpool which will keep him at the club until 2022.
The midfielder, who has been with the Reds since joining from Manchester Cityon a free transfer in 2015, said in October that he was hopeful new terms could be agreed to extend his four-year stay on Merseyside.
His previous deal was due to expire at the end of the current season, but the England international will now remain at Anfield for an additional two years.
Chelsea could use buyback option on Boga
Chelsea could use their buyback option for Sassuolo's Ivory Coast winger Jeremie Boga, as reported by the Mail.
The 22-year-old has been the subject of interest from Barcelona but the Blues could hijack any transfer once their ban is lifted in January.
Villa interested in Besiktas's Vida
Aston Villa are interested in signing Besiktas and Croatia defender Domagoj Vida in January, as reported by Takvim.
The central defender has been a mainstay of the Croatia national team in recent years and was a member of their 2018 World Cup squad.
His club Besiktas were beaten 4-0 by Villa's rivals Wolves in the Europa League on Thursday.
Campell to sign new Dons contract
Scotland Under-21 midfielder Dean Campbell will give Aberdeen a boost by signing a new long-term contract, as reported by the Daily Record.
Campbell’s contract runs until the summer of 2021 but the Dons have offered him an improved deal to reward him for displays.
Aberdeen are fourth in the Scottish Premiership after making a solid start to the season.
Bordeaux boss Sousa responds to Arsenal links
Bordeaux boss Paulo Sousa says that he is trying not to think too much about his future amid links to managerless Arsenal.
While his side have performed strongly in Ligue 1 this season – they sit fifth on 26 points and are fighting for a place in the Champions League next term – boardroom tensions mean that he finds his post less secure than one might imagine.
The Gunners, meanwhile, are reported to have made an approach for the 49-year-old, who has also caught the eye of Everton, having previously coached in England with QPR, Swansea City and Leicester City.
Guardiola rules out Ake move, says Man City won't buy in January
Pep Guardiola has dismissed a potential move for Bournemouth defender Nathan Ake and insisted that Manchester City will not be doing any business in the January transfer window.
Rumours of extra reinforcements arriving in Manchester when the winter market reopens have been swirling, with Bournemouth defender Ake among those being linked with a move to the Etihad Stadium.
Guardiola is content to finish the season with his current squad, however, as he told a press conference on Friday: "The players who start the season will finish the season. No business."
Arteta being considered for Everton job
Everton are seriously considering offering former captain Mikel Arteta the chance to replace Marco Silva as head coach, according to the Liverpool Echo.
Alongside the Manchester City assistant manager, Carlo Ancelotti and former boss David Moyes are also being discussed.
Arteta is also thought to be a serious candidate for the vacant Arsenal jobart.
Lavezzi calls time on career
Ezequiel Lavezzi has announced his retirement on social media.
The 34-year-old Argentine forward has played for the likes of Napoli and Paris Saint-Germain and finishes his career in China with Hebei China Fortune.
Lavezzi has 134 career goals and 113 assists from 479 games.
I'd love to see Chilwell at Chelsea - Cole
Ashley Cole has backed Chelsea to sign Leicester City full-back Ben Chilwell, having been impressed by his performances at the King Power Stadium at the start of the season.
Chilwell's recent displays have not gone unnoticed, with the Blues keen on securing his services in January after having their FIFA imposed transfer ban lifted.
Chelsea legend Cole "would love to see" the Leicester ace move to Stamford Bridge in the new year, insisting he has the "quality" to succeed at one of English football's biggest clubs.
Read the full story on Goal.
Man Utd and Arsenal monitoring Kulusevski
Manchester United and Arsenal are keeping tabs on Atalanta midfielder Dejan Kulusevski ahead of the January transfer window - according to The Sun.
The Swede, who currently on loan at Parma, is valued at around £40 million ($53m).
Kulusevski has contributed three goals and five assists in 15 Serie A matches for Parma this season.
Haaland would be a dream signing for Dortmund – Hamann
Erling Haaland would be a perfect addition to Borussia Dortmund's ranks, former Germany international star Dietmar Hamann has argued.
The Red Bull Salzburg attacker has caught the eye with his goal-laden performances in Austria and the Champions League this season, attracting the attention of some of Europe’s biggest clubs.
While Manchester United and Juventus have been associated with the 19-year-old, reports suggest that a likelier destination for the youngster is the Bundesliga, where both Borussia Dortmund and RB Leipzig are vying for his services.
Read the full story on Goal.
Bentaleb could leave Schalke in January
Schalke midfielder Nabil Bentaleb is considering leaving the club in January - according to Calcio Mercato.
The 25-year-old has 18 months left on his contract with the German club and isn't believed to be interested in signing an extension.
Bentaleb has yet to feature for Schalke's senior team this season.
Odegaard reveals Barcelona tried to sign him
Martin Odegaard has revealed that Barcelona rivalled Real Madrid for his signature before he eventually plumped to sign for the Bernabeu side.
The Norwegian elected to leave Stromsgodset in 2015 to join up with the Liga outfit, but despite being hailed as one of the game’s great young talents, he was unable to make an immediate impression with Los Blancos.
Odegaard still only has one league appearance for Madrid to his name, while he has been shipped out on loan in three successive seasons, first to Heerenveen and Vitesse in the Netherlands, and now to Real Sociedad in Spain.
Read the full story on Goal.
Paredes - Can for a January swap?
PSG could swap midfielder Leandro Paredes for Juventus' Emre Can in January, reports Tuttosport.
Paredes has been a flop since arriving in France a year ago from Zenit St Petersburg, while Can feels he was kept in Turin under false pretences this season.
With both players unhappy, a move could suit.
Klopp commits himself to Liverpool
Jurgen Klopp has signed a new contract with Liverpool, keeping him at the club until 2024.
Gerrard pens new Rangers deal
Rangers manager Steven Gerrard has signed a contract extension that will keep him tied to the Ibrox club until 2024.
Atletico set to target Alonso in winter market
Atletico Madrid are hoping to lure Marcos Alonso to Wanda Metropolitano from Chelsea in January - according to Cope.
The La Liga outfit want to bring in the Spanish full-back on an initial loan deal, with the option to make the move permanent next summer.
Alonso has only started five Premier League matches for Chelsea this season.
Man City eyeing Barca teenager Larios
According to SPORT, Manchester City are interested in signing Barcelona left-back Juan Larios.
Pep Guardiola is thought to be a keen admirer of the 15-year-old, who has been tipped for a bright future at the highest level.
Larios has already started playing for Barcelona's B team, despite being a few years away from signing his first professional contract.
Real Madrid consider sending Jovic out on loan
Real Madrid are considering sending Luka Jovic out on loan in January - according to Calcio Mercato.
The Serbian could be offloaded when the transfer market reopens after enduring a frustrating start to his career at Santiago Bernabeu.
Jovic has only managed to score one La Liga goal since moving to Madrid from Eintracht Frankfurt for £54 million ($72m) over the summer.
Atletico plot January swoop for Olmo
Atletico Madrid want to sign Dinamo Zagreb winger Dani Olmo in January - according to AS.
The Spanish giants are hopeful the 21-year-old can be brought in for a fee within the region of €35 million ($39m, £29m).
Liverpool, Manchester United and Manchester City have also been linked with Olmo, who scored five goals in 11 Champions League games for Dinamo this season.
Man Utd confident of signing Sancho in January
Red Devils hopeful of landing England star
Manchester United are confident of beating off the competition to sign Jadon Sancho from Borussia Dortmund, the Mirror reports.
Man City, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Chelsea are all interested in the winger, but the Red Devils are optimistic that they have the edge.
Leicester and Ajax watching 16-year-old Danish striker
Wahid Faghir of Vejle is attracting some top-level interest, including Leicester and Ajax, BT reports.
The Denmark Under-17 striker is getting interest from all over Europe, with clubs from La Liga and others from the Premier League keeping tabs on him.
Haaland to hold talks with Man Utd & Juventus
In-form Norwegian wanted by Premier League duo
Erling Braut Haaland will take time to mull over his options before making any transfer decision, the Guardian states.
The Norway international striker is set to leave RB Salzburg, with Dortmund and RB Leipzig among the leading candidates to sign him.
However, he will talk with Manchester United and Juventus before making any definitive call.
Palace join Giroud race
Crystal Palace are among the clubs vying to sign Chelsea's Olivier Giroud, according to the Mirror.
Out of favour at Stamford Bridge, he has also been linked to Atletico Madrid and Inter.
Ancelotti flies to London for Everton talks
Carlo Ancelotti will fly to London on Friday for talks with Everton owner Farhad Moshiri and chairman Bill Kenwright, reports The Sun.
Ancelotti, who was sacked by Napoli this week, has emerged as the leading candidate to take over as Everton's new manager.
The Toffees have acted quickly to show Ancelotti he is their priority, putting them ahead of Arsenal in the race for the Italian.
Chelsea interested in bringing back Ake
Chelsea are interested in bringing back their former defender Nathan Ake, reports The Athletic.
Ake came up through Chelsea's academy and joined Bournemouth on a permanent basis in 2017, with the Blues inserting a £40 million ($54m) buy-back clause in the deal.
With Frank Lampard's side considering activating that clause, Bournemouth are set to hold a meeting this week to discuss Ake's future.
Real Madrid to target Mbappe in 2021
The PSG star's current deal expires in 2022
Real Madrid have set the summer of 2021 as the time they will move for PSG star Kylian Mbappe, according to Sport.
Madrid have had a longstanding interest in the 20-year-old striker, but feel that a move for the France star is unrealistic in the coming summer.
Instead, they will look to bid for Mbappe in 2021, when he will be entering the final season of his deal at Parc des Princes.
Guardiola wants €75m Oyarzabal as Sane replacement
Man City boss Pep Guardiola wants to sign Real Sociedad star Mikel Oyarzabal should Leroy Sane depart the club, reports El Confidencial.
Bayern Munich have continued their pursuit of Sane, who has been out of action since August with a serious knee injury.
If City sell the Germany star they will reinvest the funds in the 22-year-old Spain international, who is valued at €75 million (£62m/$84m).
Solskjaer’s resurgence sees Pochettino's Man Utd hopes fade
Manchester United's upturn in form has helped Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s position become more secure, reports The Sun.
The club's resurgence means that Mauricio Pochettino's hopes of landing the position at Old Trafford are fading, with Arsenal and Everton still hoping to land the former Spurs boss.
The Man Utd board have been impressed with Solskjaer’s performances of late and now want to give him time to build.
Bradley re-signs with Toronto FC
Toronto FC captain and U.S. international Michael Bradley has signed a new contract with the Canadian side.
The 32-year-old joined TFC from Roma in 2014 and has gone on to lead the club to five trophies as the team’s captain.
“I feel so attached to the city of Toronto, the club, the team. I love it here and I am really proud of what we’ve been able to do over the past six years,” Bradley said.
Smith signs first pro deal with Arsenal
Goalkeeper Tom Smith has signed his first professional contract with Arsenal.
The 17-year-old played a major role as the Gunners U18 side won the league last season.
Smith has also featured for Arsenal's U23 team as he continues his development with the club.
Fellaini rules out Mourinho reunion at Tottenham
Marouane Fellaini has said he will not move to Tottenham in January to reunite with former boss Jose Mourinho.
Fellaini, who is now with Chinese Super League side Shandong Luneng, was a key player under Mourinho when the pair were at Manchester United.
But the Belgian says he is happy in China and is not looking to move back to England.
Todibo hoping to stay at Barcelona
Jean-Clair Todibo wants to stay at Barcelona despite hardly featuring this season, according to Le10Sport.
The defender joined the club from Toulouse in January, but has managed just three appearances in all competitions in 2019-20.
Bayer Leverkusen, AC Milan, Watford and Southampton are all in the mix to land the 19-year-old should he depart Camp Nou.
Solskjaer: Man Utd need 'two or three' new signings
Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has said he hopes to make “two or three” new signings in the January transfer window.
United have been light on attacking options after failing to replace Romelu Lukaku and Alexis Sanchez, who both joined Inter in the summer.
And despite some impressive form from the club of late, Solskjaer is hoping for reinforcements next month.
Rakitic wants Juventus move in January
Barcelona midfielder Ivan Rakitic has made Juventus his preferred destination in January, according to Calciomercato.
Juventus have been eager to sign the Croatia international since the summer and are still pursuing him.
While Inter are also in contention to sign him, Rakitic has decided it is Juve he wants, but the Turin side want to offload one of their current midfielders before making a move.
Man City eye Pochettino with Guardiola free to leave this summer
Club chiefs consider ex-Spurs boss as replacement
Pep Guardiola could leave Manchester City at the end of the season because of a clause in his contract.
Guardiola’s contract expires in 2021 but the Daily Mail reports he would be allowed to walk away a year early.
Man City's hierarchy are considering former Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino to replace the Spaniard should he leave in the summer.
Barcelona & Atletico eye AC Milan defender
Barcelona and Atletico Madrid are tracking AC Milan captain Alessio Romagnoli, Calciomercato says.
The 24-year-old defender has played every minute of Serie A football this season for Milan and has caught the attention of the Spanish giants.
But Milan do not want to let him go and hope to tie him down to a new deal.
Gordon not in Celtic contract talks
Celtic goalkeeper Craig Gordon says he is not in talks with the club over a new contract.
The Scotland international played on Thursday for the first time since September and his contract expires at the end of the season.
"I have not had any contact from Celtic, any offers, any talks whatsoever," he said after their Europa League defeat to Cluj. "I just want to play football and we will see how it progresses. But I have not spoken to them as yet."
Ancelotti free to join new club this season
No compensation due to Napoli after sacking Italian
Carlo Ancelotti is free to return to management this season as his next club will not have to pay compensation to Napoli.
The Italian was sacked by the Serie A side this week despite a 4-0 win over Genk which secured their spot in the knockout round of the Champions League.
And the Daily Mail claims he has hired an agency in London called Base Soccer to sort out his next move amid claims he could join Arsenal.