OM eye Man City youngster
Marseille are interested in signing Manchester City teenager Issa Kabore, according to Telefoot La Chaine.
The French side are keen to recruit another right-back to act as cover for Hiroki Sakai after selling Bouna Sarr to Bayern Munich over the summer.
Kabore is currently on loan at Belgian side KV Mechelen but City could be persuaded to sell the youngster in January for around €5 million (£.4.5m/$6m).
Boateng 'surprised' by Bayern exit reports
Bayern Munich defender Jerome Boateng has admitted that he was “surprised” by reports that suggested he is ready to leave the club.
Reports in the local media suggested Bayern were ready to release the centre-back at the end of his deal in June and make a move for France centre-back Dayot Upemcano of RB Leipzig.
Boateng, though, has been taken aback by these claims.
Real consider Ramos alternatives
Real Madrid are on the look out for potential defensive recruits should Sergio Ramos fail to agree a new contract, reports Sport.
The 34-year-old Spain international is out of contract at the end of the season and remains locked in discussions over fresh terms.
If not agreement can be reached then Manchester City's Eric Garcia and Villarreal's Pau Torres are seen as alternatives for Los Blancos.
Neuhaus links to Bayern leave Gladbach director fuming
Borussia Monchengladbach sporting director Max Eberl has played down the prospect of Florian Neuhaus leaving the club to join Bayern Munich.
Many of the Bundesliga’s top players find their way to the Allianz Arena, with Robert Lewandowski, Serge Gnabry and Leon Goretzka just three of the names the German champions have plucked from rivals in recent years.
Eberl reacted angrily to the proposition that Neuhaus could do the same, with the 23-year-old having impressed in Germany’s international friendly victory over the Czech Republic in midweek.
Red Devils leading Carmo chase
Manchester United are interested in signing Braga defender David Carmo, according to ESPN.
Red Devils boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is keen to add a left-sided centre-back to his squad and has made the 21-year-old one of his prime targets.
Roma and Fiorentina were among the sides to express an interest in Carmo over the summer, but no deal materialised.
Sunderland agree takeover deal with 22-year-old
League One side Sunderland have agreed a takeover deal with a consortium led by minority shareholder Juan Sartori and Kyril Louis-Dreyfus - the 22-year-old son of former Marseille owner Robert, reports the Guardian.
Black Cats owner Stewart Donald, who has been looking to sell the club for more than a year, is set to keep 15% of his shares as part of the deal.
Louis-Dreyfus is one of three heirs to his father’s fortune following his death in 2009 and is estimated to have a trust fund worth more than £2 billion ($2.6bn).
Deschamps talks Ronaldo to PSG
France boss Didier Deschamps has been tight lipped on rumours linking Juventus' Cristiano Ronaldo to Paris Saint-Germain.
“He’s been one of the best players in the world for a very long time,” he said. “Is he likely to come to Paris? I don’t know. I won’t guess what he might do or might not do.”
‘Why shouldn't Neuhaus stay with us?’ - Gladbach director fumes as star midfielder linked with Bayern move
Borussia Monchengladbach sporting director Max Eberl has played down the prospect of Florian Neuhaus leaving the club to join Bayern Munich.
Tosun not interested in Beskitas return
Cenk Tosun has no intention of quitting Everton to return to Besiktas, according to the striker's father.
Besiktas president Ahmet Nur Cebi revealed earlier this week that he wanted to bring the Turkey international back to the club.
However, Tosun's father Senol told Asist Analiz that his son his happy at Goodison Park for now and retains the faith of Toffees manager Carlo Ancelotti.
Real to discuss Ramos future on Monday
Real Madrid president Florentino Perez and Los Blancos captain Sergio Ramos will make announcement about the defender's future on Monday, reports AS.
Ramos has been in discussions over a new deal for several weeks, though negotiations have been hampered by financial issues at the club caused by the coronavirus crisis.
The 34-year-old, whose current deal expires next summer, has previously expressed his desire to end his playing career in Madrid, though French champions PSG have reportedly made a lucrative offer for his services.
Liverpool must strengthen in January after Gomez injury - Redknapp
Joe Gomez’s injury has put an “enormous amount of stress” on the Liverpool squad and Jurgen Klopp should consider signing a new defender in January, says Jamie Redknapp.
The 23-year-old is expected to miss much of the rest of the season after undergoing surgery on a knee injury suffered on international duty.
He joins Virgil van Dijk, Trent Alexander-Arnold and Fabinho on the sidelines, which could now force Klopp into the winter transfer market.
No offers for Sands - so far
There have been no formal offers for James Sands, but the New York City FC midfielder is expected to leave should the right bid come in, reports MLS Soccer.
Teams from Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands are believed to be interested in the 20-year-old US youth international.
NYCFC are in no rush to sell the player, but will not stand in his way if an acceptable offers comes in.
Fire snap up Offor
Chicago Fire have announced the signing of Nigerian striker Chinonso Offor from Latvian side FK Rigas Futbola.
The 20-year-old has signed a three-year deal, with the club holding the option of a fourth.
Making moves in attack.— Chicago Fire FC (@ChicagoFire) November 13, 2020
Welcome to Chicago, Chinonso Offor. pic.twitter.com/4H9pGYDVov
Raul Jimenez confirms Man Utd approach
Juve were also interested in Wolves star
Raul Jimenez has confirmed that Manchester United made contact over signing him in the summer and has refused to rule out a move to Old Trafford in the future.
The Wolves forward told TUDN: "One day I woke up and Juventus wanted me, another Manchester United and what I know is that there were approaches made. But an agreement was never reached and nothing was closed. I'm very happy at Wolves."
He added: "It (a move) did not happen this time. If it happens at some point then it will have to be what is best for me, for Wolves and the team that I join. But I am very happy at Wolves and being considered a very important player."
Sancho insists Man Utd rumours didn't affect form
Jadon Sancho has sought to shut down talk of his intense links to Manchester United being a source of distraction, with the Borussia Dortmund winger adamant that he has merely suffered a "little dip" at the start of the 2020-21 campaign.
He told ITV Sport when asked if his performances had suffered due to the constant links with United: "No, I don’t think so.
"I feel like every player has a little dip during their career and I feel like I’m going through that at the moment. It’s just how I’m bouncing back [that matters] and I’m just happy to have managers that have faith in me and keep sight of me."
Lawrenson expects Liverpool to buy new centre-back
Liverpool’s hand has been forced by defensive injuries, admits Mark Lawrenson, with the Reds legend expecting money to be spent as Joe Gomez and Virgil van Dijk have been sidelined and Joel Matip is “like a willow tree” that could break in the wind.
Lawrenson told talkSPORT: “Matip is a decent player but he’s like a willow tree; he occasionally gets blown over and he’s not fit for two or three weeks, so he’s another worry.
“Some of the younger players have come in and they’ve done absolutely fine, but I think you’re looking at Matip, if fit, with the likes of Fabinho or maybe even Henderson [playing in defence] at some stage.
“But I would think it will force the manager’s hand in the January transfer window.
“He’s going to have to go out and buy somebody, and it won’t be a difficult conversation with the owners. They’ll realise what’s going on; the great thing about them is they’ve got this sporting franchise in America and they know people lose form and get injured, so it’s case of who he’s going to bring in.
“We’re all going to play the game now going into January – who are Liverpool going to sign?”
Monchi tells Man City why 'magnificent' Kounde bid failed
Manchester City tabled a "magnificent" bid for Jules Kounde over the summer, Sevilla director Monchi admits, but the Blues missed out on a deal because their offer still fell short of the 21-year-old’s valuation.
He told El Desmarque when explaining the decision to shun a big-money approach: "We did what we thought was fair and in defence of the interests of the club, also in an ambitious way, because many people would have chosen to accept that offer.
"We value pros and cons and believe in the player, that has been key. We believe in the projection of a 21-year-old boy with a lot of ground to make up.
"Despite being a magnificent offer, very, very good, it did not satisfy the requests or what we thought of the player.
"Perhaps it was not what he was worth, because possibly that offer was close to what he was worth at that moment but we also have to think about what he can be worth [in the future]."
Januzaj wanted by Seagulls and Saints
Former Manchester United winger Adnan Januzaj is wanted back in the Premier League by Brighton and Southampton, claims Het Laatste Nieuws.
The Belgium international is currently on the books of La Liga side Real Sociedad.
Liverpool to open Van Dijk & Fabinho talks
New deals lined up for Reds duo
Liverpool are set to discuss new contracts with Virgil van Dijk and Fabinho from March 2021, claims Fabrizio Romano.
Both men have been nursing untimely injuries of late, but there value to the cause at Anfield is obvious and they will be rewarded with offers of fresh terms.
Neymar still longing for Barcelona transfer
Brazilian star wants Camp Nou return
Neymar is still longing for a return to Barcelona, claims Sport, with the Brazilian eager to avoid signing a new contract at Paris Saint-Germain.
The South American appeared to have settled into life at Parc des Princes after much speculation surrounding his future, but it is claimed that would welcome the chance to head back to Camp Nou.
Real Madrid not ruling out Bale return
Real Madrid are not ruling out the prospect of welcoming Gareth Bale back into their squad, claims AS.
The Welshman is currently taking in a loan spell back at Tottenham, having been frozen out in Spain, but he remains tied to a contract with the Blancos through to 2022.
Depay desperate for Barcelona move
Memphis Depay is desperate to secure a switch to Barcelona during the winter transfer window, reports Mundo Deportivo.
The Dutch forward is currently on the books at Lyon and hopes he will be freed to head for Camp Nou in January, despite the Ligue 1 outfit's reluctance to sell in the middle of a season.
Dybala contract talks in danger of breaking down
According to Gazzetta dello Sport, talks between Paulo Dybala and Juventus are in danger of breaking down.
A new contract for the Argentine is said to have been in the pipeline for some time, but no paperwork has been signed and he is weighing up his options once more.
Napoli defender reveals he turned down Celtic and Standard Liege
Napoli defender Amir Rrahmani has revealed he rejected offers from clubs in Scotland and Belgium before moving from Hellas Verona to Naples in January.
The centre-back - who has been loaned back to Verona for the 2020-21 season - says he is willing to wait for his chance at Napoli and reward their faith in him.
The 26-year-old Kosovan said: "Napoli have invested a lot in me. I had offers from Celtic and Standard Liege but in the end I chose to sign for Napoli. This is the most important step of my career.
"They had a strategy to sell Koulibaly but coronavirus changed the scenario. I've been told that I'm still an important member of the squad and that my time will come soon."
'Real Madrid interested in Szoboszlai'
Real Madrid are interested signing of Red Bull Salzsburg’s Dominik Szoboszlai, according to AS.
The 20-year-old Hungarian attacking midfielder, who on Thursday night scored the winning goal against Iceland to send his nation to the European Championships, has been linked with Arsenal and RB Leipzig among other leading European clubs.
Real Madrid have been linked with several creative midfield targets as they search for a successor to Luka Modric - and at a reported €30 million, Szoboszlai would be an affordable option for the Spanish giants.
‘Barcelona need to sign one or two strikers’
Barcelona need to “try and sign one or two strikers” in the January transfer window if they have any ambition of challenging for the Champions League crown, says Rivaldo.
He told Betfair: “I thought Barcelona should sign someone before Ansu Fati's injury, so now I think it even more. The club should try to sign one or two strikers if they want to fight for the Champions League.”
The Brazilian added: “Koeman should have more options in attack to manage a line-up which is sufficiently decisive and competitive in big games, in important ties.
“Ansu was playing well, he was gaining confidence and becoming more influential in the team, his absence is another headache for the coach.”
‘Liverpool have to spend a lot of money on Upamecano’
Liverpool’s injury struggles mean they have to now be giving serious consideration to spending “a lot of money” on RB Leipzig centre-half Dayot Upamecano, says Steve Nicol.
Nicol told ESPN FC: “Oh my goodness, [Liverpool's title chances] drop a good 20, 25 per cent from where they were, without Van Dijk.
“I think right now Liverpool absolutely, because of this injury, have to go out and spend a lot of money. I think this forces them into it and they should go and get Upamecano.”
Spurs have extension option on Bale
Tottenham could keep Real star
Tottenham have the option to extend Gareth Bale's loan spell for a second season, reports football.london.
Spurs brought a familiar face back onto their books from Real Madrid over the summer and could keep the Welshman on beyond the end of the 2020-21 campaign.
Liverpool cooling interest in Kabak
Liverpool do not see Schalke defender Ozan Kabak as someone who can make an immediate impact at Anfield, reports The Mirror.
That means that the Reds will likely turn their attention elsewhere in January if Jurgen Klopp does call for reinforcements at centre-half.
Torino an option for Torreira in January
Lucas Torreira could secure a permanent move to Torino in the winter transfer window, claims Tuttosport.
The midfielder is currently taking in a loan spell at Atletico Madrid from Arsenal, but the former Sampdoria star remains keen on returning to Italy.
Real hoping Odegaard can convince Haaland
Real Madrid hope Martin Odegaard can convince fellow Norwegian Erling Haaland to make a move to Santiago Bernabeu.
The Blancos have made the Borussia Dortmund striker one of their top targets for upcoming windows, with AS claiming that they may have a secret weapon in their ranks when it comes to talks.
Arsenal, Chelsea & Spurs all keen on Boateng
Premier League rivals battle for Bayern defender
Premier League rivals Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham are all keen on Jerome Boateng, claims Sport Bild.
The World Cup winner is all set to leave Bayern Munich as his contract runs down, with at least three sides looking to return the former Manchester City defender to England.
Ronaldo not interested in United return
Cristiano Ronaldo is fully focused on seeing out his contract at Juventus, and has no interest in returning to Manchester United.
It had been reported that Ronaldo was tempted by a return to United, who had made an approach, but AS state that the Portuguese is not interested in heading back to Old Trafford.
Ronaldo’s people say his preference is to see out his deal in Turin, which runs until 2022, but that a coronavirus vaccine could be a game changer in the transfer market and could see him consider a move to Paris Saint Germain.
Bilic future at West Brom still in doubt
Slaven Bilic is still on shaky ground as West Brom manager, reports the Mirror.
The Croatian is under increasing pressure with the Baggies in 18th place and still without a win this season.
Bilic has also seen his relationship with the club's board become strained in recent weeks.
Barcelona set provisional date for presidential elections
Barcelona intend to hold their presidential elections on January 24, according to Marca.
The club’s managing board met on Thursday to ratify plans and while the pandemic means the decision is still to be confirmed, the aim is to hold the elections in January - with ballots to be held in different locations to avoid mass gatherings of people.
Neymar seeking huge Barcelona payment
Neymar is seeking a €44 million (£39m/$51m) payment from Barcelona, according to Marca.The Paris Saint-Germain superstar’s legal team has presented an appeal against a court’s decision to make Neymar pay Barca €6.7m, with the forward seeking €44m on account of the club reneging on a bonus payment due to the Brazilian.
Sevilla rejected 'magnificent' City offer for Kounde
Sevilla rejected a €55 million (£49m/$64m) offer from Manchester City for defender Jules Kounde, according to eldesmarque.
City’s interest has been well documented, but Sevilla sporting director Monchi confirmed they turned down “a magnificent offer” as it did not reflect what they thought of the defender.
Real Madrid planning pay cuts for players
Real Madrid are putting the finishing touches to their budgets for 2021, with ESPN saying it will involve asking the playing squad to take pay cuts.
Clubs around the world are feeling the pinch due to the Covid-19 pandemic, and Real Madrid are not immune to the financial pain.
The exact figures have not yet been confirmed, but they will be communicated to club captains Sergio Ramos, Marcelo, Karim Benzema and Raphael Varane.
Eriksen casts doubt on Inter future
Christian Eriksen has admitted his move to Inter has not turned out as planned.
The midfielder made the move to Inter from Tottenham earlier this year, but told TV2 that he will consider his future in January.
Upamecano tops Liverpool's defensive wish list
The Reds are currently suffering an injury crisis
RB Leipzig star Dayot Upamecano currently tops Liverpool's wish list, according to The Athletic.
The Reds are currently in the midst of a defensive injury crisis, with Joe Gomez and Virgil van Dijk out with long-term problems.
Alongside Upamecano, Liverpool are also considering a move for Brighton’s Ben White, Schalke’s Ozan Kabak, and Torino’s Bremer.
Wolves frustrated as Traore stalls on deal
Wolves are growing “increasingly annoyed” with Adama Traore over his failure to sign a new contract, according to 90min.
A deal has been on the table for some time and Wolves expected the player to ink the contract but it is still unsigned and is a “source of frustration” at Molineux.
Sporting raise Nuno Mendes release clause
Sporting CP have increased the release clause of Nuno Mendes from €45 million (£40m/$52m) to €70m (£62m/$81m), according to Record.
The teenager is reported to be a target for Manchester United, and they will now have to dig deep if they want to land the left-back.
Reyna agrees deal to 2024 with Dortmund
Teenage U.S. sensation Gio Reyna has agreed terms on a new deal with Borussia Dortmund, according to CBS Sports.
Reyna turns 18 on Friday and the report says the deal, which will tie the midfielder to the club until 2024, will be announced imminently.
Feyenoord extend Sinisterra’s contract
The Colombian forward’s deal was due to expire next year, but the Eredivisie club have now tied him to a deal until the summer of 2023.