Tranmere sack manager Jackson
Chivas drop three players for 'breaking team rules'
Walker suggests future Sheffield United moveGetty
Manchester City star Kyle Walker hinted that he could one day line up for Sheffield United.
"My mum and dad live here, so if I’d celebrated they probably would have got a lot of stick," he said after scoring his side's only goal against the Blades on Saturday, as reported by the Sun.
“I’m a Sheffield United fan, so I couldn’t.
“My first game for Aston Villa was here and I scored with my left peg.
"I seem to like this ground… hopefully, we never know in the future."
Inter want €20m for Eriksen
Inter are willing to part ways with Christian Eriksen for a fee of €20 million (£18m/$23m), according to reports.
The attacking midfielder has not lived up to expectation at the Nerazzurri and was taken off an hour into Saturday's 2-2 draw against Parma.
AC Milan, Roma and Lazio are all said to be interested in signing him and Inter have set a low asking price.
Free agent Cabaye looking for new club
Former Newcastle and Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Yohan Cabaye hopes to find a new club in the near future.
The 34-year-old has been a free agent since leaving Saint-Etienne in July and is training on his own to keep fit while he searches for a way back into the game.
"I have a few contacts, a few leads," he told Telefoot. "I always want to continue, I miss it. I hope to be able to find a project or a challenge very soon. I still want to play, I hope I can say next time that I have signed somewhere."
Gattuso meets with Napoli chiefs as renewal nears
Gennaro Gattuso is edging closer to signing a new contract with Napoli.
Sky Sport reports the coach met with president Aurelio De Laurentiis and sports director Cristiano Giuntoli on Saturday to discuss an extension to his current deal, which expires at the end of the season.
Ancelotti insists Kean will return to Everton
Carlo Ancelotti has insisted that on-loan PSG striker Moise Kean will return to Everton next season.
After a difficult opening season with the Toffees, Kean has scored four goals in four games while on loan with the Paris outfit.
“We decided to allow him to go on loan, to play more, to have more opportunity to play more. He is showing his quality and he will be back next season," Everton head coach Ancelotti said at a press conference.
Stevanovic to join Man City in JanuaryGetty/Goal
Teenage winger Filip Stevanovic will move to Manchester City from Partizan Belgrade in January for a fee of £6 million (€6.5m/$8m).
Stevanovic could still return to Partizan on loan or make a temporary move elsewhere when his move to City is completed.
Manchester United, Real Madrid, Liverpool, Bayern Munich, Chelsea, Juventus, AC Milan, Borussia Dortmund and Inter had all been credited with an interest in Stevanovic.
Guardiola rules out Barca return
Pep Guardiola has ruled out the possibility of returning to Camp Nou, insisting his "period as Barcelona manager is over".
Guardiola's future with City has become a major talking point as he enters the final year of his contract.
Though he has been tipped to make a sensational return to Camp Nou, Guardiola has insisted that is not in the cards.
Lille boss Galtier dismisses reports of Lyon switch
Lille coach Christophe Galtier has denied reports that he is close to leaving the club for Lyon.
La Voix du Nord reported on Friday that he is a target for the French side to replace Rudi Garcia, but Galtier says he is not thinking about his next job.
"These are just rumors and I'm focused on our very important game [against Lyon," he said. "People who know me know very well that I am very focused on my team and the game."
Chelsea to bid for Malmo defender Ahmedhodzic
Chelsea are plotting a £8 million ($10m) bid for Malmo centre-back Anel Ahmedhodzic, Expressen reports.
The 21-year-old has impressed since his breakthrough at Danish side Hobro last year before making the switch to the Swedish outfit this year.
The Blues have been monitoring him for some time and are ready to offer him a five-year contract if they can agree a fee with Malmo.
Kondogbia set for Atletico Madrid medical
Atletico Madrid are close to completing the signing of Geoffrey Kondogbia from Valencia.
The midfielder will have a medical at the capital club on Sunday after the two clubs came to an agreement over a transfer fee, reported by Cadena SER to be at least €15 million (£13m/$17m).
- Real Madrid eager to sell Spain midfielder-
Isco wants to reunite with Ancelotti at Everton
Real Madrid midfielder Isco is keen to join Carlo Ancelotti and James Rodriguez at Everton, The Mirror claims.
The Spanish giants want to offload 28-year-old, who has been reduced to a limited role under Zinedine Zidane.
The Spain international is expected to leave on loan with an obligation to buy for around £18 million ($23m), and he has made Everton his favoured destination.
'Mbappe should join Real Madrid, but Camavinga must stay at Rennes'
Former France and Arsenal star Robert Pires believes Kylian Mbappe would benefit from a move to Real Madrid, but warned Rennes' rising star Eduardo Camavinga against joining the Spanish giants.
Madrid have been heavily linked with bids for both players, with Paris Saint-Germain star Mbappe said to be a top priority for next summer, while 17-year-old Camavinga is reportedly wanted by Los Blancos as well as several other top European teams.
While Pires believes the time is right for Mbappe, 21, to go to the Santiago Bernabeu, he feels it is too early for Camavinga to go.
Juventus overpaid for Chiesa, says MarchisioGetty Images
Juventus overpaid to sign Federico Chiesa from Fiorentina in the summer transfer window, according to Claudio Marchisio.
Juve paid Fiorentina an initial loan fee of €10 million (£9m/$12m) for Chiesa on October 5, with an option to buy for €40 million (£36m/$47m) included in the final agreement between the two clubs.
The 23-year-old rose through the youth ranks at Artemio Franchi Stadium before stepping up to the senior squad in 2016, and went on to score 34 goals in 153 games for La Viola.
Read the full story on Goal.
Partizan winger Stevanovic to join Man City in £6m deal
Teenage winger Filip Stevanovic will move to Manchester City from Partizan Belgrade in the January transfer window for a fee of £6 million (€6.5m/$8m).
The 18-year-old wide player has been linked with clubs across Europe since emerging for the Serbian side, but the Premier League outfit have won the race and will complete the deal for Stevanovic when the next transfer window opens in 2021.
Whether Stevanovic remains with City for the second half of this season remains to be seen, with a return to Partizan on loan or a temporary move elsewhere both likely options.
Read the full story on Goal.
Liverpool to revive interest in Koulibaly
Liverpool will revive their interest in Napoli's Kalidou Koulibaly in 2021 - according to Calcio Mercato.
The Reds may dip into the market for a new defender in January, with Virgil van Dijk set to miss the rest of the season through injury.
Koulibaly was on Liverpool's radar over the summer, and they will consider lodging a formal bid for the £70 million ($91m)-rated centre-back when the market reopens.
- Spanish giants in serious financial trouble-
Barca facing bankruptcy amid €190m wage bill
Barcelona are facing bankruptcy due to their €190 million (£171m/$221m) wage bill - according to RAC 1.
The squad must agree to a pay cut of 30 per cent by Thursday or else the club could be declared bankrupt in January.
Lionel Messi's situation is also a major concern because if he decides against signing an extension, Barca will have to pay him a bonus for reaching the end of his contract.
De Vrij set to commit future to Inter
Inter defender Stefan de Vrij is set to commit his long-term future to Inter - according to Don Balon.
Barcelona tried to sign the 28-year-old in the summer transfer window, but were ultimately unable to finalise a deal.
De Vrij will snub any future interest from Barca to extend his stay at Inter, with the Netherlands international in line for a new contract worth €5 million-per-year.
Simeone wants to bring Zapata to AtleticoGetty
Diego Simeone wants to bring Atalanta striker Duvan Zapata to Atletico Madrid - according to Calcio Mercato.
The Argentine boss sees the 29-year-old as the ideal man to partner Luis Suarez upfront at Wanda Metropolitano.
Atalanta will allow Zapata to leave if their €50 million (£45m/$58m) asking price is met when the transfer window reopens.
Origi set for Liverpool departureGetty Images
The Belgian has fallen further down the squad pecking order after Diogo Jota's arrival at Anfield in the summer transfer window.
Origi is contracted to remain at Liverpool until 2024, but is now considering his future ahead of the 2021 European Championships.
- Blues eyeing January deal for Germany international-
Chelsea set sights on GinterGetty
Chelsea have set their sights on Borussia Monchengladbach defender Matthias Ginter - according to Kicker.
The 26-year-old could be available for around £35 million ($45m) when the transfer market reopens in January.
Ginter would link up with fellow Germany internationals Timo Werner and Kai Havertz at Stamford Bridge if he decides to join Chelsea next year.
Arsenal interested in Salzburg star SzoboszlaiGetty
Red Bull Salzburg midfielder Dominik Szoboszlai is the subject of interest from Arsenal - as The Express reports.
The Gunners see the 20-year-old as a potential replacement for Mesut Ozil, who is being tipped to leave Emirates Stadium next summer.
Lyon's Houssem Aouar remains Arsenal's main target, but Szoboszlai is next on their list as Mikel Arteta looks to add a creative spark to his side.
Juve struggling to tie Dybala down to fresh termsGetty Images
Juventus are struggling to tie Paulo Dybala down to fresh terms - according to Calcio Mercato.
The Argentine, whose current deal expires in 2022, wants to be handed a new deal worth €15 million (£14m/$18m) per-season at the Allianz Stadium.
However, Juve can only offer Dybala €10m annually in the current financial climate, with a final agreement between the two parties still a long way off.
Guti lined up to replace Zidane in Real hot seat
Guti is being lined up to replace Zinedine Zidane in the Real Madrid hot seat - according to Don Balon.
Zidane finds himself under pressure after a mediocre start to the 2019-20 campaign which has seen the Blancos struggle in the Champions League.
Former Madrid midfielder Guti is being touted to succeed the Frenchman, with two more club legends, Xabi Alonso and Raul, also under consideration
Ramos demanding new two-year Madrid deal
Sergio Ramos is demanding a new two-year contract at Real Madrid - as The Sun reports.
The Spain captain wants to remain at Santiago Bernabeu until at least 2023, but the Blancos are only willing to offer him a one-year extension.
Ramos has just entered the final year of his current deal, and has been linked with a move to Serie A.
Barca will reignite interest in Garcia in winter window
Barcelona will reignite their interest in Manchester City defender Eric Garcia in the winter transfer window - according to ESPN.
The Blaugrana saw a summer bid for the 19-year-old rejected, but he will be available for €20 million (£18m/$23m) when the market reopens.
Garcia's current contract at City is due to expire on June 30, 2021, and Barca are hopeful the Blues will drop their asking price to avoid losing him on a free transfer.
Napoli prepared to grant Milik a January transfer
Napoli are prepared to grant Arkadiusz Milik a transfer away from the club in January - according to Calcio Mercato.
Both parties want to arrange a deal before 26-year-old's current contract runs down next summer, with the striker seeking a spot in Poland's squad for the 2021 European Championships.
Tottenham and Atletico Madrid have both been linked with Milik, who has yet to feature for Napoli this season.
Neymar won't pursue Barca return again
Paris Saint-Germain superstar Neymar won't pursue a return to Barcelona again next year - according to Foot Mercato.
The Brazilian pushed for a move back to Camp Nou in the summer of 2019, but the two clubs were unable to reach an agreement on a final fee.
However, Neymar is now ready to commit his future to PSG through to 2027, having rediscovered his best form at Parc des Princes last season.
Lampard impressed by Ziyech since Chelsea move
Frank Lampard has been impressed with Hakim Ziyech's personality since joining Chelsea in a £37 million ($48m) move from Ajax, particularly relating to his 'inner confidence' and ability to connect with people.
Chelsea signed the 27-year-old in February and he joined up with the squad in July but his early career in west London has been disrupted by a twisted knee sustained in the club's only pre-season game away at Brighton.
Ziyech has since recovered and made his first start for the club in the 4-0 away win over Krasnodar in the Champions League. He marked the occasion with a goal and Lampard is glad to have the Morocco international amongst his options.
Ferreira appointed Palmeiras boss
Brazilian club Palmeiras have confirmed the appointment of Abel Ferreira as their new manager.
Ferreira, 41, has previously impressed during spells in charge of Braga and PAOK.
Guardiola out to extend Man City stayGetty
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has declared his desire to stay at the club should the results prove good enough.
“I am incredibly happy here,” Guardiola said on Friday. "I am delighted to be in Manchester and hopefully I can do a good job this season to stay longer.”
The Spaniard's current contract extends at the end of the season and he has reportedly been hesitant to commit.
Contract negotiator to leave Arsenal
Arsenal's director of football operations Huss Fahmy is set to leave the club, reports The Telegraph.
Fahmy joined the club in 2017 and has played a key role in recruitment and contract negotiations at the Emirates.
Groningen in talks with El Khayati
Eredivisie side FC Groningen are in discussions with free agent Abdenasser El Khayati, according to NOS.
El Khayati was recently released by Qatar SC and has a strong relationship with Groningen trainer Danny Buijs.
Garcia wants to 'tackle' Koeman to keep Barca away from Depay
Lyon boss Rudi Garcia has joked that he wants to "tackle" Barcelona manager Ronald Koeman in order to prevent the Catalan club from snatching away in-form attacker Memphis Depay in a mid-season transfer raid.
The Netherlands international, who joined Lyon in 2017, has been in excellent form for his club in Ligue 1 so far this term, notching five goals and three assists to put him in the upper bracket of player performances over the opening weeks of the 2020-21 campaign.
The highly-rated 26-year-old and club skipper was linked during the transfer window with a move to join his former national team boss Koeman at Barcelona. But despite the lack of European football at Parc Olympique Lyonnais this season, Depay stayed put for at least the first half of the campaign.
- The Serbian prodigy looks bound for the Etihad-
Man City beat Man Utd to Stevanovic
Manchester City have edged out Manchester United to secure an €8 million (£7m/$9m) deal for Filip Stevanovic, according to Fabrizio Romano via the Here We Go podcast.
The 18-year-old attacker has impressed over the past year for Partizan and scored seven league goals last season to attract attention from Manchester.
Calhanoglu turned down Juventus
AC Milan star Hakan Calhanoglu turned down a summer offer from Juventus as he holds out for a move to Manchester United, claims BILD.
The Red Devils have been courting Calhanoglu for a few months and are hoping to sign him on a free transfer in 2021.
Donnarumma back in AC Milan contention after negative Covid-19 test
Congo stepping up Wan-Bissaka pursuit
Manchester United right-back Aaron Wan Bissaka is being targeted by DR Congo to commit to playing for the country instead of England, reports The Sun.
Congo's assistant coach has claimed they've been talking as recently as this week with Wan-Bissaka yet to play a senior game for England.