- Sesko snubbed Man Utd move
- Signed for RB Leipzig instead
- Familiar with Leipzig's system
WHAT HAPPENED? The 20-year-old forward was strongly linked with a move to the Premier League in the summer as Manchester United were considered favourites to land him. But Sesko eventually completed a move from Red Bull Salzburg to RB Leipzig on a five-year deal that had previously been agreed.
WHAT THEY SAID: Speaking to Transfermarkt, Sesko said, "The thing is, I wasn't really involved in these kinds of conversations. But I think it was better to come here. It was very important for me to go to a place that plays a similar style of football. I already knew what I had to do and didn’t have to go through a whole learning process again."
THE BIGGER PICTURE: The youngster has had an impressive start to the season scoring three goals in six matches in all competitions for his club.
IN TWO PHOTOS:Getty Images
WHAT NEXT? Leipzig, who are fourth in the league at the moment, will next face Wehen Wiesbaden in the first round of the DFB Pokal on Wednesday.