Castro re-signs with Glory
Perth Glory star Diego Castro has signed a two-year contract extension with the club.
The Spaniard, who turns 37 in July, has been with Glory since 2015 and won the Johnny Warren medal in the 2015/16 season.
Castro has scored six goals and contributed four assists for Perth this season as they wrapped up the Premiers Plate.
Tony Popovic has already locked in a number of other key players for next season including Andy Keogh and Jason Davidson, while also signing Bruno Fornaroli.
"I have had a fantastic emotional relationship with the members and fans since the first day I arrived here," Castro said.
"I want to keep that love story with the fans going.
"With Tony Popovic here, the future of the club is in the best hands possible and I'm so grateful for all the help that he has provided me with this year."
Reds stalwart Bruce Djite ends his playing career
Former Adelaide United striker Bruce Djite has retired from football after six months contemplating the decision.
The 32-year-old, who won an A-League championship with the Reds in 2016, said the opportunities available outside of football had convinced him to make the call.
“I’ve had a few opportunities come up that interested me more than going to training every day, so that’s when you know,” Djite told foxsports.com.au.
"You need that burning desire to be your best and to go to training every day, to improve every day - you’ve got to dedicate your life to it.
"I’d rather do different things, so that’s when I knew. When it’s not your ultimate priority and other things interest you more than running onto the field every day, you know."
Djite last played for Indonesian club PSM Makassar in 2018 but is best known for scoring 35 goals in 133 appearances for Adelaide United.
He is currently working regularly as a pundit on Fox Sports.
The Covert Agent: Mariners to sign Wanderers talent Abraham Majok
Central Coast Mariners have completed the signing of Western Sydney Wanderers attacker Abraham Majok with the official announcement to be made at the end of the season.Read the story.
Troisi could miss the rest of the season
Melbourne Victory star James Troisi might not play again this campaign after suffering a hamstring injury against Adelaide United.
The 30-year-old was forced from the field in the 32nd minute of Friday night's match with a tear in his hamstring.
Victory is saying the attacker will miss two weeks of football, meaning he would miss the last regular season game against Wanderers and a likely elimination final versus Melbourne City.
The former Socceroo would also be absent from Tuesday's Asian Champions League game against Guangzhou Evergrande and be in doubt for the away match versus Daegu in Korea on May 8.
Goalkeeper Lawrence Thomas is expected to return for the Guangzhou game after struggling with a knee injury for the past month.
Ritchie De Laet could return to Aston Villa
Currently on loan at Melbourne City, the Belgian defender's contract at Villa will expire at season's end.
Despite never establishing himself at Villa, Birmingham Live report De Laet could still be handed a contract extension by the club.
The 30-year-old has been in fine form for City this season, scoring seven goals across 23 A-League appearances.
English clubs circling for O'Neill
Sydney FC midfielder Brandon O'Neill continues to turn heads in Europe despite recently signing a contract extension with the Sky Blues.
O'Neill did sign a two-year contract extension with Sydney FC in February but has made no secret of his desire to eventually test himself in Europe.
"It's always been a dream of mine to play at the highest level possible and whether that is in the European league, or whatever, I'm driven and I'm determined to make that a reality," O'Neill said late last year.
"I do want to play overseas and that's just normal for any young lad that's played and who's trained in his national league and is wanting a fresh and new challenge.
"I'm the sort of guy that is never happy being happy, I want to be tested, I want to be challenged because that brings out the best in me."
Kruse eyeing Middle East move
Socceroos attacker Robbie Kruse is expected to depart German club Bochum at the end of June and is interested in a move to the Middle East.
According to The Daily Telegraph, the 30-year-old is open to all offers but is personally keen on securing a lucrative contract somewhere in the Middle East.
The region is no stranger to Australian players with current Socceroos Milos Degenek and Matt Jurman both contracted to Saudi Arabian clubs.
Sam Kerr nominated for BBC Women's Footballer of the Year
Matildas superstar Sam Kerr has been selected as one of the nominees for BBC Women's Footballer of the Year for the second consecutive year.
The 25-year-old striker has been nominated alongside Ballon d'Or winner Ada Hegerberg, Pernille Harder, Lindsey Horan and Saki Kumagai.
Kerr will be hoping to go one step better than last year, with England star Lucy Bronze claiming the award.
She has won the golden boots in both the W-League and NWSL in the past 12 months - and was also nominated for the inaugural women's Ballon d'Or.
"It would be great to win this award so I can share it with my team-mates. It's not all been about me," Kerr told the BBC.
"Winning this award would be a nod to all the girls who have helped me in the team and given us success over the last year."
The award will be presented on May 22.