Transfer news & rumours LIVE: Juventus in sensational Ronaldo swoop

Comments()
Getty Images
Goal takes a look at the biggest transfer news and rumours from the Premier League, La Liga, Serie A and beyond

Juventus in sensational Ronaldo swoop


Cristiano Ronaldo could be Juventus bound this summer, according to reports from Tuttosport.

The Real Madrid ace has reportedly rejected the opportunity to remain at the Santiago Bernabeu, where he has snubbed a deal worth €31.5m (£27.9m/$36.9m).

Both Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester United have been linked with the five-time Ballon d'Or winner.


Lazio demand too much for Milinkovic-Savic


Juventus have rejected a counter-offer from Lazio in their pursuit of Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, Tuttosport claims.

The Rome-based side reportedly asked for Rodrigo Bentancur as part of a part-exchange deal in which they also demanded €100 million (£89m/$117m).

Despite the rejection, it is said that talks between the clubs are amicable and hopes are high that a deal can eventually be struck.


Sarri to be announced before July 9


Maurizio Sarri will be announced as Chelsea's new manager before the players return for pre-season training on July 9, the Guardian reports.

It is said that Antonio Conte has written up a pre-season plan for the Blues in case he stays in charge, but the club hope to have their managerial situation cleared up before those not at the World Cup head back to Cobham.


Bayern join race for Martial


Bayern Munich are the latest side to join the race to sign wantaway Manchester United attacker Anthony Martial, the Daily Star claims.

With Franck Ribery and Arjen Robben close to the end of their careers, Martial is seen as a good successor due to his ability to play anywhere across the front line.

Tottenham, Paris Saint-Germain and Juventus have also been credited with an interest in the 22-year-old.


Kroos turns down Man Utd


Real Madrid's Toni Kroos has promised Real Madrid that he will not push to join Manchester United this summer, according to Mundo Deportivo.

The German has long been linked with a move to Old Trafford to link up with Jose Mourinho, but the report claims he intends to see out his contract at the Bernabeu, which runs until 2022.

The midfielder is also said to have previously turned down the opportunity to work with Pep Guardiola at Man City.


Newcastle in talks to sign Townsend


Newcastle are in talks with Crystal Palace over a possible swoop for Andros Townsend, The Sun reports.

The English attacker left St. James' Park two seasons ago following the Toon's relegation, but could be in line for a return.

The player has publicly stated that he is happy at Selhurst Park but the club could be willing to let him go for the right price as they look to add new faces to the squad.


Burnley eye Collins move


Burnley are looking at bringing in former West Ham icon James Collins on a free transfer, The Sun claims.

The tabloid asserts that Sean Dyche is looking for cover for Ben Mee as he makes plans for pre-season training and could offer the 34-year-old centre-back a one-year deal after he was released by the Hammers.


Chelsea to make £65 million Alisson bid


Chelsea are preparing to bid £65 million ($86m/€73m) for Roma goalkeeper Alisson, reports the Daily Mail .

The Blues eye Alisson as a replacement for Thibaut Courtois, who they expect to depart for Real Madrid this summer.

Chelsea will want £50m for Courtois, but expect they can land Alisson after Roma's demands drove off both Real Madrid and Liverpool.


Liverpool resume Fekir talks


Liverpool have resumed negotiations for Lyon playmaker Nabil Fekir, according to the Mirror .

The France international nearly completed a move to Anfield earlier in the summer, with an interview already done with the club’s media team, LFC TV.

The £53 million ($70m/€60m) deal fell apart due to concerns over Fekir’s knee but Liverpool now believe a compromise can be reached.


Arsenal ready to finalise Torreira signing


Arsenal are nearing the end of negotiations to bring in midfielder Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria, reports the Daily Mail .

The £25 million ($33m/€28m) fee for the Uruguay international is close to being agreed and the Gunners could be ready to announce once Uruguay’s World Cup campaign ends.

Uruguay will play in the quarter-finals against France on July 6.


Tottenham join Quintero chase


Tottenham are the latest team to contact Porto over Colombia international Juan Fernando Quintero, reports La Nueva .

The attacker, who is on loan at River Plate, has also drawn the interest of Real Madrid as he has stood out at the 2018 World Cup.

However, River Plate can trigger a clause to make the move permanent for £3 million ($4m), allowing them to turn around and sell Quintero to one of his European suitors for a huge profit.


Karius to remain Liverpool first-choice


Loris Karius is set to retain his place in the Liverpool XI next season after preferred transfer target Alisson has been priced out of the club’s plans, reports the Sun .

Karius looked likely to be replaced after his calamitous Champions League final, but Roma goalkeeper Alisson has been deemed too expensive for the Reds.

Meanwhile, Stoke City’s Jack Butland is to remain with the relegated club, leaving Karius in position to keep his place in the team.


Napoli won’t sell stars to Chelsea


Maurizio Sarri's delay in taking over as Chelsea manager is due to Napoli demanding he not try to sign any of their players, reports the Mirror .

The club do not want to lose their manager and players like Kalidou Koulibaly to Chelsea, especially as they are resigned to Jorginho departing for Manchester City.

So the Serie A side are trying to make certain Sarri cannot raid his former club for stars upon his appointment at Stamford Bridge.


Man Utd bid on Fekir


Manchester United look to step up to land Nabil Fekir after his transfer to Liverpool fell apart, reports Le Progres .

Liverpool tried to get Lyon to drop the price £5 million ($7m/€6m), claiming an issue with the France international’s knee.

Offers for Lyon playmaker continue to come in, with the latest from Manchester United.


Inter chase Dembele


Inter Milan are increasing their interest in Tottenham midfielder Moussa Dembele, according to the Daily Mail .

Having landed Radja Nainggolan from Roma, Inter now want to pair him with the Spurs midfielder and plan further meetings with Dembele's agents next week.

Dembele has one year left on his Spurs contract, but the London club would want over €23 million (£20m/$26m) for the midfielder, who also has interest in China.


Liverpool after Vazquez and Asensio


Liverpool are interesting in not only Marco Asensio but also his Real Madrid team-mate Lucas Vazquez, reports Marca .

Vazquez also has admirers at Chelsea, Arsenal and AC Milan, though the latter’s European ban will make a move unlikely.

However, Vazquez is happy at Real Madrid, where he has a very high release clause.

Article continues below

Newcastle to bring back Townsend


Newcastle are looking to bring back Andros Townsend to the club as they prepare to move Matt Ritchie on, reports the Sun .

Newcastle manager Rafa Benitez was impress with Townsend in his time with the club a few years ago, but lost him when the Magpies were relegated from the Premier League.

Now Crystal Palace will listen to an £18 million ($24m/€20m) offer for Townsend, who Newcastle looks at as a Ritchie replacement as he seems set on a £15m move to Stoke City.

Close