Torres eager for Barcelona and Man Utd target Griezmann to stay at Atletico

Comments
The Spaniard is hopeful the Colchoneros can keep hold of their prized asset amid reported interest from two of Europe's superpowers

Fernando Torres is hopeful Atletico Madrid can keep hold of Antoine Griezmann amid reported interest from Barcelona and Manchester United.

Atletico reported Barca to FIFA over their alleged pursuit of the France striker, who is said to have rejected the advances of Jose Mourinho's side in pre-season.

And Torres, who is keen to extend his own deal which expires at the end of the campaign, believes Atletico can retain Griezmann's services.

"Atletico can sign and retain the world's best players, as we have shown," he told Radio Marca.

Fernando Torres Antoine Griezmann Atletico Madrid

"Griezmann is still here at the club and we all want him to stay of course, but you would have to ask him on his future and what he wants to do next."

Article continues below

Griezmann, who has scored five goals in La Liga so far this season, has a contract at the Wanda Metropolitano until June 2022.

On his own future, Torres said: "I want to stay here forever, I have a half year on my contract, and it does not depend on me."

Atletico are currently second in La Liga, six points behind leaders Barca, and take on Espanyol on Friday.

Next article:
USWNT wins Concacaf Women's Championship with 2-0 victory over Canada
Next article:
Seattle Sounders clinch 10th straight playoff trip with win over Orlando City
Next article:
JSSL's Venetia Tan shows off her keepy-uppy skills
Next article:
Jamaica qualifies to Women's World Cup for first time after beating Panama in penalty shootout
Next article:
West Ham sweat on Arthur Masuaku’s fitness ahead of London derby
Close