Goal revealed on Sunday that talks to take the 23-year-old to Old Trafford have broken down , the Red Devils appearing to be refocusing their attentions on Toby Alderweireld.
Everton, who were another of those keen on taking the South American to England , have also walked away from transfer discussions after being frustrated in their efforts to do a deal.
Mina is now facing an uncertain future, with Barca looking to move players on after taking their collection of centre-halves to six with the signing of Clement Lenglet.
And the club’s vice-president, Jordi Mestre, is giving little away when it comes to possible movement ahead of the summer transfer deadline.
Quizzed by ESPN on Mina’s situation, he said: "It's top secret.
"We have to be very careful because Yerry Mina arrived last season and he's very young, but we will see. We will see. The final opinion [on if he stays or goes] is with the coach [Ernesto Valverde]."
Barca boss Valverde has kept his cards close to his chest when it comes to his plans for Mina.
After seeing the defender net three times for his country at World Cup 2018, he said: "Yerry's a great player.
"As he showed, he's also a goalscorer, but what we want, above all, is [for him] to defend.
"Maybe with the national team they want him to score goals, and that does also interest us, but, above all, we need him to defend. We already have players that score goals."
Mina has previously expressed a desire to remain at Camp Nou and battle Gerard Pique, Samuel Umtiti and Lenglet for starting spots.
He told reporters in July: "I have offers but I want to succeed at Barca."