Burnley & Union Berlin challenge Feyenoord to Linssen signing
Burnley have entered the race to sign Vitesse star Bryan Linssen.
Feyenoord tried to land the winger a few weeks ago, but the 29-year-old but he was disappointed by their offer and knocked them back.
Voetbal International reports the Rotterdam side are lining up another attempt to sign Linssen, but they now face competition from the Premier League as well as German side Union Berlin.
Celtic star Ntcham off to Southampton?
Southampton are considering making a move for Celtic midfielder Olivier Ntcham.
Daily Record reports the Premier League side expect to lose Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg to either Tottenham or Everton and are eyeing the 24-year-old as his replacement.
Barkley wants Chelsea stay amid Newcastle interest
Ross Barkley wants to remain at Chelsea despite talks Newcastle are plotting a bid for him.
The Telegraph says the Magpies have made the midfielder a top target, but Football Insider reports they will have a difficult time convincing him to make the jump as he wants to stay with the Blues.
Barca, Man City & Juve to miss on Michut
Paris Saint-Germain have offered Edouard Michut a contract as they look to fight off interest from Barcelona, Manchester City and Juventus.
The French giants have been in negotiations with the 17-year-old for more than two weeks and are confident they can tie him down to his first professional deal.
PSG are offering a three-year contract to the midfielder, who is one of the most treasured talents in the club’s youth system.
Henderson set for extended Sheffield United loan
Manchester United will allow Dean Henderson to stay with Sheffield United until the 2019-20 season is ended, report the Telegraph.
His loan deal had been set to expire in June, following an impressive season with the Blades.
Sheffield United are just two points behind Manchester United in their unexpected quest for European football.
Villas-Boas to remain at Marseille - but won't sign new deal
Andre Villas-Boas will stay as manager of Marseille for the 2019-20 season, report l'Equipe, but he won't sign a new contract.
Marseille confirmed in a statement last week that the Portuguese had been offered a new deal in order to end a period of "chronic instability" at the club.
Now, it is reported he has been convinced to stay in charge by the dressing room, but he won't accept the club's contract offer.
Twitter poll to decide goalkeeper's fate
Scottish Premiership side Livingston will apparently use the results of a Twitter poll to decide whether or not to offer 37-year-old third-choice goalkeeper Gary Maley a contract extension.
📋| Quite possibly a football first but we’re giving you the chance to decide on the future of goalkeeper @Maley1Gary.— Livingston FC (@LiviFCOfficial) May 25, 2020
With his contract expiring next month, we’re leaving it in the hands of the fans as to whether or not we offer “Stretch” an extension.
Stay or go - you decide!
Benitez signs new Nice deal
Kouassi leaves Celtic for Genk
Eboue Kouassi has joined Genk on a permanent deal from Celtic.
The 22-year-old has been on loan with the Belgian side since January and they have activated their option to sign him outright on a four-year contract.
Inter postpone move for €30m Musso
Inter have paused their pursuit of Udinese goalkeeper Juan Musso, Calciomercato reports.
The Nerazzurri see the shot stopper as the ideal replacement for Samir Handanovic, but Udinese's €30 million (£27m/$33m) asking price and the coronavirus crisis have forced them to put the move on hold.
AC Milan are also interested in him as they expect Gianluigi Donnarumma to leave in the near future.
Bernardeschi wants Juventus stay
Federico Bernardeschi wants to stay at Juventus despite the club's desire to offload him this summer.
The 26-year-old has been declared surplus to requirements at the Italian giants and they are looking for a buyer, but his agent told Calciomercato that he has "no intention of leaving".
Real Madrid and Barcelona target Camavinga will cost €75m
Rennes set asking price for 17-year-old
Rennes are holding out for around €75 million (£67m/$82m) for rising star Eduardo Camavinga, Mundo Deportivo says.
The 17-year-old has impressed since his breakthrough in Ligue 1 and has caught the attention of many of Europe's top teams, including Barcelona and Real Madrid.
Neville expecting more Premier League dropouts
Gary Neville is optimistic the Premier League will vote to restart the season soon, but he expects more players to drop out.
The United Kingdom government has given Premier League teams the green light for "close-contact" and "competitive" training amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Former Manchester United captain Neville is glad a return to action is on the horizon, but he feels more stars will follow the lead of Chelsea midfielder N'Golo Kante and Watford forward Troy Deeney, who have opted not to train for personal reasons.
Inter should keep Sanchez - Sosa
Inter should be looking to keep Alexis Sanchez “for another year”, says Ruben Sosa, with the Manchester United flop considered to still have plenty to offer if given regular game time.
The Chile international has been denied those opportunities throughout a loan spell at San Siro.due to injury.
But Sosa thinks that the club should look to keep him for another season yet.
Greed may steer Lautaro to Barca - Sosa
Financial factors may be driving Lautaro Martinez towards Barcelona, claims Ruben Sosa, with the Inter forward told that he is already “part of a great team”.
The 22-year-old has offered no indication that he will be pushing for a switch to Camp Nou, but others are doing that for him.
Sosa however fears that Barca's financial offers will prove too tempting for the star.
Selling Kepa never a viable option for Chelsea
Offloading Kepa Arrizabalaga was never a viable option for Chelsea, reports The Athletic.
The Spaniard, who is the most expensive goalkeeper in world football, was linked with a move after losing his place in the Blues side, but now appears set to stay put.
Arsenal drawing up transfer plans
Arsenal are, according to football.london, in the process of piecing together their plans for the next transfer window.
The club's head of football, Raul Sanllehi, has held talks with leading clubs across Europe when it comes to the shape of the next market - with Covid-19 hitting finances hard.
Man City not convinced by Semedo
Manchester City have expressed interest in Barcelona defender Nelson Semedo, but are not convinced by the proposal of a Joao Cancelo swap deal.
Marca reports that the Premier League giants may walk away from any discussions, leaving the path clear for Juventus and and Inter to make a move.
‘Sane would go to Liverpool – why wouldn’t you?’
Leroy Sane would be interested in leaving Manchester City for Liverpool, says Danny Mills, with such a switch considered to be attractive to any player on the planet.
The former City defender has told Football Insider: "If Liverpool want Sane I am pretty sure he would go there given the opportunity. Why wouldn’t you?"
Achraf may play a part in Haaland's future
Achraf Hakimi could have a role to play in the future of Erling Haaland, claims AS.
Borussia Dortmund are eager to retain the services of a player who has starred on loan, and any discussions with Real Madrid are expected to see a switch to Spain for Haaland added to the agenda.
King & Brooks on Man Utd wishlist
Red Devils looking at Bournemouth duo
Bournemouth duo Josh King and David Brooks both figure on Manchester United's list of possible targets, reports the Manchester Evening News.
The Red Devils are in the market for extra firepower and more creativity, with two domestic rivals potentially ticking those boxes.
Ighalo headed for Man Utd exit
Odion Ighalo is set to leave Manchester United this week unless there is a last-minute breakthrough in negotiations with his parent club Shanghai Shenhua.
The 30-year-old arrived at Old Trafford in January on a loan deal until the end of the season, with his his short-term contract set to expire on May 30.
United are keen to keep Ighalo until the season is resumed and played to a completion, but there has yet to be progress in negotiations with Chinese Super League side Shenhua as they want to have the ex-Nigeria international back to begin preparations for the resumption of the CSL.
Traore and Jimenez interest to be 'lukewarm'
Adama Traore and Raul Jimenez may be sparking speculation regarding possible moves to Liverpool and Manchester United but any interest shown in the pair during the next transfer window is likely to be “lukewarm”, says Wolves legend John Richards.
It has been suggested that two star turns at Molineux could soon be the subject of enticing offers from afar.
But Richards believes that amid the coronavirus epidemic, he cannot see Wolves having their hand forced.
Neymar no longer a top priority for Barca
La Liga giants calm interest in PSG star
Neymar is no longer considered to be a top priority for Barcelona, according to Marca.
The Liga giants have worked hard to try and bring the Brazilian back from Paris Saint-Germain, but their sights are now set on alternative targets - such as Inter forward Lautaro Martinez.
Arsenal confident they can land Fraser
Arsenal believe they are leading the chase for Bournemouth winger Ryan Fraser, claims the Daily Mail.
The Scotland international is approaching free agency and the Gunners feel they can beat arch-rivals Tottenham to his signature.
Man Utd hoping for Rojo bidding war
Manchester United are hoping to see a bidding war sparked for Marcos Rojo.
The Mirror reports that the Red Devils are looking for Boca Juniors and Estudiantes to battle it out for the right to take a £12 million-rated defender back to his native Argentina.
Wolves determined to keep prized assets
Wolves have no intention of parting with Adama Traore and Raul Jimenez, according to the Daily Star.
Liverpool and Manchester United are among those to have been linked with star turns at Molineux, but no exit doors are about to be flung open.
Mavididi attracting fresh interest
Dijon loanee Stephy Mavididi has caught the eye of several other clubs in France including Montpellier, claims Tuttosport.
But the Juventus man's fine performances may earn him a recall to his parent club instead.
The England youth man joined the Bianconeri in 2018 from Arsenal.
Juve eye up Barca swap deal
Juventus are reportedly looking into a swap deal to claim Barcelona starlet Xavier Mbuyamba, with Kaly Sene heading the other way to La Liga, claims Tuttosport.
The Blaugrana youngster has been in the sights of Chelsea this month, but could spurn a Premier League move to head to the home of the Serie A champions instead.
Juve sit a single point ahead of Lazio in Serie A as it stands with the season currently in lockdown amid the coronavirus epidemic.
Madrid should chase 'humble' players over Pogba, says Stielike
Real Madrid have been advised to target 'humble' players over superstars like Paul Pogba by former midfielder Uli Stielike when the transfer market reopens.
The France international has long been linked with a move from Manchester United to La Liga, having arguably struggled to reach the levels of success expected during his tenure at Old Trafford.
But Stielike has advised his former side to eschew a move for Pogba and instead pursue players more willing to sacrifice their individual ambition for the sake of the team.
Hart: I was concerned when Guardiola arrived at Man City
Joe Hart admits he was "fairly concerned" when Pep Guardiola was appointed manager of Manchester City in 2016.
The arrival of the former Barcelona and Bayern Munich coach ultimately saw Hart depart the club he won two Premier League titles with as Guardiola opted to spend big on Brazilian Ederson.
Hart, who had briefly lost his spot in City's goal under Manuel Pellegrini, felt his time at the Etihad was nearing an end once the club decided to appoint Guardiola.
Benitez keen on Newcastle return with transfers lined up
Rafael Benítez is eager to return to Newcastle United should the club's Saudi takeover be completed, reports the Telegraph.
While currently in charge of Chinese side Dalian, Benitez is already planning his return to England with John Stones and Ross Barkley top of his transfer wish list.
Newcastle have reportedly given current manager Steve Bruce until the end of the season to prove his worth with the club seemingly destined to appoint a more high-profile coach.
Schweinsteiger backs Gotze for success after Dortmund departure
Former Germany star Bastian Schweinsteiger has backed Mario Gotze to be a success at his next club after it was confirmed he will leave Borussia Dortmund this summer.
Days after coach Lucien Favre admitted the 27-year-old does not fit their playing style, sporting director Michael Zorc confirmed that the World Cup winner will be leaving when his contract expires at the end of the campaign.
Gotze has spent eight years in the Bundesliga giants’ first-team over two spells – interrupted by a three-year stint at Bayern Munich.
River ready to make a move for Higuain
River Plate are looking at plans to sign Gonzalo Higuain for the 2021-22 season, claims Calcio Mercato.
An earlier move could also be made with the club keen to ensure Higuain ends his career with River, but they are not confident of securing a deal with Juventus.
Man Utd and Newcastle chasing same sporting director
Former Paris Saint-Germain sporting director Antero Henrique is being courted by both Manchester United and Newcastle, reports Le10Sport.
The Portuguese negotiator helped seal Bruno Fernandes' move to Old Trafford and is currently leading discussions to make Bayern's Corentin Tolisso a Red Devil.
Despite those links to Manchester, Newcastle have emerged as favourites to appoint him as their next sporting director should their Saudi takeover be completed.
Barca pushing Arthur towards Juventus
Barcelona are encouraging Arthur to leave for Juventus as they look to use him in a deal to sign Miralem Pjanic, according to Calcio Mercato.
Arthur is eager to remain Camp Nou but the Catalans are seemingly pushing him out the door as they continue to discuss a deal with Juventus.
Barca's hopes of signing Pjanic rest on Arthur, with Juve unwilling to let the Bosnian leave in return for any other player.
Man Utd handed Ighalo blow
Shanghai Shenhua have denied Manchester United's request to extend Odion Ighalo's loan at Old Trafford, claims the Daily Mail.
Ighalo's initial loan deal is set to expire next week and Shenhua have asked Ighalo to return to China ahead of the start of the new CSL season.
PSG step up pursuit of Milinkovic-Savic
Lazio midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic remains a transfer target for Paris Saint-Germain, reports Le10Sport.
PSG sporting director Leonardo is particularly keen on signing the Serbian star, who is being chased by three other clubs.
The Ligue 1 champions are, however, confident of matching any financial demands made by Milinkovic-Savic and Lazio.
Niang weighing up offers from England and France
Rennes attacker M'baye Niang has revealed clubs in England and France are after his services for next season.
“It is flattering. There is no smoke without fire. There have been discussions, but today there is nothing concrete," Niang told Canal Football Club.
“In France, there are clubs that are sounding me out and are trying to get an idea of on what terms I would come. Abroad as well. In England, all the clubs are looking for strikers."
Arsenal join race for Coutinho
The Gunners are eager to sign the Brazilian
Mikel Arteta is dreaming of bringing Philippe Coutinho to the Emirates, according to Le10Sport.
The Brazilian is set to return to Barcelona at season's end after a loan spell with Bayern Munich, with a number of Premier League sides hoping to land him permanently for next season.
With Chelsea already circling, Arsenal have now joined the race too and have reportedly made first contact with Coutinho's agent Kia Joorabchian.