HIGHLIGHTS: Mumbai City 1-1 ATK Mohun Bagan
Islanders, Mariners fall behind top four race
Ferrando admits problems, Buckingham not worried
ATK Mohun Bagan coach Juan Ferrando has confessed of 'problems' after the 1-1 draw, whereas Des Buckingham is not worried of Mumbai City's current position on the table.
FT: Neither team get in the top four
Juan Ferrando's men still have their game in hand to rely upon
Mumbai City and ATK Mohun Bagan were locked to a 1-1 draw in Thursday's Indian Super League (ISL) encounter at the Fatorda stadium in Goa.
David Williams (9') made the best of the opportunity to put the Mariners in front before Pritam Kotal (24' OG) was guilty of heading the ball in his own net.
Last season's runners up, with 20 points after 12 games at fifth spot, stay a point above the Islanders as a result of the draw.
90+3' Mumbai City SUB
Just about a minute of the four minutes injury time left
Cassio Gabriel OUT
Bradden Inman IN
85' Here comes the Kolkata derby hero
Ashutosh Mehta OUT
Kiyan Nassiri IN
82' Mumbai City SUB
Ahmed Jahouh OUT
Vinit Rai IN
79' ANGULO...Good save by Amrinder
A nice delicate header by Chhangte off Cassio's delivery for the right to set up Angulo across the face of goal. The Spaniard's header doesn't have too much power on it but on target as it's claimed by Amrinder in the ATK Mohun Bagan goal.
Bagan piling up the pressure
Prabir Das has already been involved as Ashutosh has been blocked out by Fall after the subtitute's cross from the right. A header by Subhasish Bose has been kept out by Nawaz after a cross from McHugh following Liston's corner went past the far post.
73' ATKMB change
Deepak Tangri OUT
Prabir Das IN
Meanwhile, it was a good free-kick by Angulo that just about evaded the left top corner of Amrinder's goal.
68' ALMOST...but good defending by Tiri
That was a delicious cross in the Mariners box from the left by Mandar and it's that man Angulo who doesn't miss many of such opportunities but for a strong clearance by Tiri.
Who's going to bag the winner tonight?
Bipin's shot blocked by Ashutosh, Liston blocked by Fall at the other end. There's a lot going on, on the pitch, in the second half as well.
Chhangte also already getting involved as he combined with Angulo to run across to the touchline but had his cross blocked out.
60' Mumbai City debut for Chhangte
Vikram Singh OUT
Lallianzuala Chhangte IN
56' That's it for Williams on the night
David Williams OUT
Joni Kauko IN
The Australian has shown an immense presence on the pitch as he could have more than just one against Mumbai City in less than an hour.
Multiple chances for Mumbai City
Angulo is ripped off the ball by Tiri but Cassio has played in Jahouh in attack but he's flagged off-side as he slots the ball at the back of the net. Not long before Jahouh's delivery is headed wide by Angulo ahead of Pritam and Mandar's cross from the left is blocked out by Tiri.
ANGULO IS BACK!
He's on for Diego Mauricio who has had a sort of a quiet first half for Mumbai City in the Brazilian's first ISL game of the season.
Angulo was one of the scorers in the 5-1 win against the Mariners in the first half of the season, along with Vikram, Fall and Bipin.
What a save by Nawaz to keep it 1-1 at half-time
A full stretched save to his right by Nawaz to keep out a certain shot at goal by Williams but what is getting ever more so worrisome for Mumbai is that they are faltering in their attempt to play out from the back. Overdoing it, clearly, as the Australian intercepted a pass from Apuia from the edge of the Mumbai City box this time.
39' NAWAZ AND MUMBAI SURVIVE
l strA long lob from the back has Boumous clear on goal as Nawaz has charged out of his area to head the ball on to Boumous but does well to stay with the Frenchman before Apuia joined in to shrug off the Bagan medio until he played another through pass for Manvir.
Manvir has cut back a pass to Liston, whose low shot at goal is kept out by Nawaz with his feet.
Interestingly, Boumous stayed on his feet thoughout the challenge met by Nawaz before he getting involved in setting up that chance for his team-mates.
36' OFF THE UPRIGHT!
39'Bagan almost taking the lead for the second time in this game as Liston's free-kick - after taking a deflection off the two-man wall - had been headed on to the left upright by Williams. He's hit the post in the Kolkata derby as well, as did Liston.
Nawaz denies Manvir, Jahouh misses
Just ahead the first hydration break of the game, both teams had opportunities to take the lead after 1-1. Boumous' through pass for Manvir saw the latter force a save from Nawaz while off the counter after defending the resultant corner, Jahouh and Cassio combined well to move into attack before the former's shot was just shy of the right post.
24' BAGAN CONCEDE AN OWN GOAL!
It has more of Bagan in attack all so long with Ashutosh not quite able to find Williams from his cut back chip, though Cassio has seen his effort blocked by Tiri.
But the game is now level as Bipin's cross that was intended for Vikram has been headed into his own net by Pritam. Both goals coming from the most unlikelieast of sources hence.
Another chance for Bagan
Liston taking on the left flank once again. He did seem as if he earned a free-kick before Jahouh let Williams take possession to score. Liston's cross from the left this time not dealt with in the best manner by Nawaz but Tangri is at hand to clear the danger.
9' DAVID WILLIAMS SCORES!
It's a glarring mistake at the back by Ahmed Jahouh of all people as Boumous moved in to snap the ball away from the Moroccan and Williams obliges to the opportunity to enter into a comfortable bit of space before finding the bottom left corner.
Form guide is in favour of Bagan
Although Mumbai City started off with five wins in their first six games, they are currently winless in their previous six games that includes three of their four defeats this season.
Whereas the Mariners are in a rich vein of form under new coach Juan Ferrando who, since replacing Antonio Lopez Habas, has not lost a game while Bagan are unbeaten for seven games including the last two games under Habas who also endured a 5-1 defeat against the Islanders earlier this season.
Rahul Kumar Gupta officiates this match. He has blown the whistle for kick-off at the Fatorda stadium in Goa.
Opta Facts: Mumbai City vs ATK Mohun Bagan
● Mumbai City have won all their four matches against ATK Mohun Bagan in the Indian Super League, it is the only other team apart from Hyderabad (D3) against whom ATKMB are yet to register a win.
● ATK Mohun Bagan are unbeaten in their last seven matches in the Indian Super League, it is their longest unbeaten run in the Indian Super League (W3 D4).
● Mumbai City FC have failed to register a win in their last six matches (D3 L3), alternating between losing matches and drawing them; the last time they remained winless in more matches was between November and December 2015 (7 matches).
● Mumbai City FC are averaging seven sequences of 10+ passes per game in the Indian Super League this season, the best rate for any team; in comparison, ATKMB have averaged five such sequences per game, the third best among all teams.
● Mumbai City FC have conceded 14 goals in their last six matches in the Indian Super League, they had conceded only 13 goals in their 12 matches prior to this run.
● For no other franchise have Indian players accounted for more goals than ATK Mohun Bagan this season, 11 of their goals have been scored by Indians.
● ATK Mohun Bagan right-back Pritam Kotal has managed 31 interceptions in the Indian Super League this season, the most by any player; 25 of these were in his own half, again a league high.
● No player has had more shots on target from inside the box in the ongoing Indian Super League season than Mumbai City FC’s Igor Angulo – 14. Eight of these resulted in goals, the second-most by any player from inside the box (Bartholomew Ogbeche – 10).
● ATK Mohun Bagan custodian Amrinder Singh has saved 15 shots that were taken outside the box in this season of the Indian Super League, no other player has more.
● Mumbai City FC’s Ahmed Jahouh has attempted 33 tackles in the Indian Super League this season, winning 22 of them, both being the most by any player this campaign.
Diego Mauricio starts ahead of Igor Angulo, Kiyan Nassiri on the bench for Bagan
🚨 𝗧𝗘𝗔𝗠 𝗡𝗘𝗪𝗦 ⤵️— Mumbai City FC (@MumbaiCityFC) February 3, 2022
Diego Maurício makes his debut for #TheIslanders as Des Buckingham makes 3️⃣ changes to the XI for #MCFCATKMB, with new arrivals Ravi Kumar & Lallianzuala Chhangte named on the bench 🔹#MumbaiCity #AamchiCity 🔵 pic.twitter.com/JGouRtKQGO
Who's up for a play-off spot?
It's a battle between at least eight teams for a place in the semi-finals this season. It's a good viewing for the ISL fans as any result can make a difference on the table.
Hello and welcome to GOAL's Live Blog as one among Mumbai City and ATK Mohun Bagan can pit themselves back in the top four, at least momentarily.