Anzhi's Roberto Carlos Demands Action After Racism Row

Anzhi Makhachkala's Roberto Carlos has demanded action after last weekend's racism incident...
Anzhi Makhachkala defender Roberto Carlos has demanded action after all in the wake of a racism rowlast weekend. Carlos earlier tried to play down the racism row that emerged after the defeat to Zenit St. Petersburg, telling press he was too old to let idiotic fans affect his game.

Brazilian media reported earlier this week that Carlos was taunted with a banana by a Zenit fan as he entered the stadium, causing uproar in his home country. The former Real Madrid star however affirmed that he would not let such incidents get to him, and insisted that he felt no ill-will over the match.

"That did not make me feel uncomfortable," Carlos told Russian website Life Sports on Wednesday, as he tried to play down the furore caused before Anzhi's 2-0 defeat.

"In my 37 years I have seen everything, I'm not going to be upset after seeing a banana."

Nevertheless, Carlos is now having second thoughts and has demanded action after all.

"Such behaviour is unacceptable," said the former Real Madrid star. "I am sure my club will do everything possible to identify the culprit. That is the only way to get rid of the problem."

The Russian FA have threatened Zenit with having to play one game behind closed doors, if the accusations can be confirmed and shown to have been carried out with malicious intent.

Our  provides the best breaking news online and our  football fan community is unmatched worldwide. Never miss a thing again!