Tuesday's Champions League clash between Real Madrid and Liverpool - settled by Karim Benzema's first-half strike - threw up some interesting statistics. Here is a selection...
- Benzema has scored five goals in four Champions League appearances this season.
- The French striker has scored in four consecutive CL games for the first time since March 2011.
- In the first half, Liverpool failed to have an attempt of any kind. Real Madrid had 13 shots (including blocked).
- Real Madrid finished the game with more shots on target (nine) than Liverpool managed shots of any kind (four).
- Liverpool's bench (137) had made more Champions League appearances than their starting XI (130) before tonight’s match kicked off.
- Simon Mignolet made eight saves tonight. The last time he made more in a single game for Liverpool was versus Everton in November 2013 (nine).
- Liverpool have failed to score in three successive CL games for the first time since September 2006.
- Real Madrid have won 10 home Champions League games in a row.
All data supplied by Opta.