Roncaglia, Schiavi, Caruzzo, Clemente
Ledesma, Somoza, Erviti
Alessandro, Chicao, Leandro Castan, Fabio Santos
Jorge Henrique, Emerson
Corinthians will make one change from the team that secured progression to the final with a 1-1 draw against Santos. Emerson Sheikh returns from suspension and will therefore start in attack at the expense of Willian. This could see Tite move away from the 4-2-3-1 formation though it could remain the same should Jorge Henrique operate from the right.
Boca will line-up with the same starting XI that held Universidad de Chile to a goalless draw in the semi-final second leg. After training separately from the team on Monday, Juan Roman Riquelme rejoined the group and is now expected to be ready to face the Timao.
Ronaldo Schiavi will be partnered in defence by Matias Caruzzo, meaning that Juan Manuel Insaurralde will start among the substitutes. None of the starters played a part in the Xeneize's 3-1 league defeat to All Boys at the weekend as their title-winning chances had been reduced by losing to eventual winners Arsenal de Sarandi the week before.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Boca Juniors will be taking part in the 10th Copa Libertadores final in the history of the club. They have emerged victorious on six occasions, beating Brazilian clubs Gremio, Palmeiras, Santos and Cruzeiro in previous finales.
- The Xeneize have only suffered defeat once in this year's edition of the competition and that came at the hands of Brazilian opposition in Fluminense.
- A win would see Boca equal Independiente's all-time record of seven Libertadores triumphs. It could also be the fourth time Riquelme lifts the trophy, but he would need another two victories to match Francisco Sa's record of six winners' medals with both Independiente (4) and Boca (2).
- In stark contrast, Corinthians will be participating in the final for the first time in their history.
- The Timao possess the competition's meanest defence having only conceded three goals in their previous 12 Libertadores fixtures.
- The Sao Paulo club are yet to taste defeat in the tournament though they came close to losing their opening group game. A header from Ralf rescued an embarrassing point against Deportivo Tachira in Venezuela.